2012-05-23 10:14:17

The hellcore is an extension and improvement to the stock LambdaMOO database.  I know this forum has a few folks interested in MUD or MOO.  You can get it here, thanks to the wizards at hellmoo.org:

http://hellmoo.org/node/6328

It includes everything you need to start your own MOO with the hellcore.  You need a linux machine to compile and run it.  It does not include any HellMOO items, areas, creatures, or content (well... there might be some here and there).

My own MOO project uses this database and it might save you upwards of dozens of hours, and has many neat features.  I hope this information is helpful, as I have seen many players express interest in it.

2012-05-23 12:58:37

hi, i've downloaded it, thanks very much. i love the game, i haven't played it for a long time,
but it's my top 1 moo/mud. do you know if is there a way that i could download
the complete hellmoo? with areas,items, etc? it would be a dream that came true,
when i read the title of the topic i thought: oh i can't believe i'll be able to play it
offline man, it's so great, so awesome.. i don't have any experience with moo programming, i
just wanted to play it.
but thanks very much for the core!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2012-05-23 15:39:04

hello

this just in for mud gamers that this database will beat the hell out of miriani database, and the core is expensively-written.

i know these guys, they are highly profissional and they spent like just 8 years for this core.

good job genmac~

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-05-23 19:20:03

It's a pity, that Windows machine doesn't support.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2012-05-24 00:27:37

Hi,

I understand things like area's and items are poofed away, but what did they leave in place? What does still work?
Combat? Shops? Cyberspace? Mutations? Adult stuff?

Balliol

2012-05-24 00:42:36

hi baliol!the only thing you will find in this core db is the entire game without the game,
i mean, you could create a new game based on hellmoo, using the same combat system that's
already implemented, create planes, guns, mobs, areas, everything is  already implemented,
but unfortunately the thing that i was also looking forward that's the game so we could have
our own servers or play offline is not there.
i don't want to program a new game, i love what's implemented already.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2012-05-24 15:32:10

well it's a core, not a copy database. so no weapons, no adult stuff, no shops, no space.
it's all generic stuff, and same mechanic.
there is possibilities for you to make these stuff, with even diffrent mechanics.
for example, $shop exist, but you should build it's children like types of shops.

combat exist but you should improve or make yourself a new combat system with it.
all skills/stats are gone but you can make your own skills/stats.

and go on.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-07-30 19:35:53

balliol wrote:

Hi,

I understand things like area's and items are poofed away, but what did they leave in place? What does still work?
Combat? Shops? Cyberspace? Mutations? Adult stuff?

Balliol

I wanted to update this, since they left in a lot more stuff than I thought.  What you don't get is all the content that HellMOO wizards made by hand, sweating over the text.  But you do get a wide variety of useful generic (basic) items that you can create new things with.  So there are weapons - just not CZ-83s or Glocks, you need to make those using the already created weapon objects.  There are also quite a few actions and enough content to find an example of anything you would need.

2012-07-31 11:19:08

hi,
I tried hellcore on cygwin, but when I type moo.exe -l moo.log hellcore.db hellcore.db.test 1234, it says something about binarrys. can you help me?

This is not a signature.

2012-07-31 12:42:13

dhruv wrote:

hi,
I tried hellcore on cygwin, but when I type moo.exe -l moo.log hellcore.db hellcore.db.test 1234, it says something about binarrys. can you help me?

Are you building the binary on cygwin?  The hellcore binaries are different from lambdamoo, so you must make clean, and then make to get the right binaries.

2012-07-31 16:03:18 (edited by dhruv 2012-07-31 16:07:17)

hi,
but when I type make after make clean, there are verious errors.
[edit]
now I'm trying to create with configure enabled, let's see what happenes
[/edit]

This is not a signature.

2012-07-31 16:08:44

hello again,
when I do make clean, when it reaches 'checking for ppozix-style i/os' or something like that, it stops there.
what can I do?

This is not a signature.

2012-07-31 19:05:00

dhruv wrote:

hello again,
when I do make clean, when it reaches 'checking for ppozix-style i/os' or something like that, it stops there.
what can I do?

This might be a problem with cygwin, I haven't come across it myself.  I would actually recommend you to use a virtual machine running CentOS or fedora, rather than cygwin.  The binaries are fairly old to begin with, and for example they need libcompat-gcc to compile even on a regular linux install.  So if you can, I would highly recommend a linux virtual machine instead of cygwin.

2014-07-15 22:36:18

Damn, that is too bad. I don't have Linux, and I can't do anything with the comp because other people use it. I really wanted to try this out, but I guess I can't. That sucks.

2014-07-16 08:22:17

Hi

I don't exactly know how it's done but it doesn't seem that hard and there's allot of articles and FAQ's to help you figure it out, as far as I know you could just put Linux on a flash drive and run it off that, boot into it, use it, take it out, and restart the computer, there may even be ways to not have to restart, certainly there's ways to make a virtual instance of Linux on Windows using a program, but the flash drive idea means your not even installing anything at all onto the computer or messing around with the computer's internal Hard Drive with partitions and such.

I do not know how to code at all and suck at it though I can grasp some of the basic principals, but my friend may find this interesting, he's wanted to get into moo before, he also likes PHP and HTML, he's learning C++ and he's used BGT, he's also good with Linux, Windows, and OSX and understands servers and a bit of networking and computer hardware.

2014-07-16 14:02:20

Well, I don't have a Linux machine, and don't know what this game look like.

2014-07-16 16:22:52

Hello,
I've got a raspberry pi now and gonna try it on that. But, sadly, the link seems to be broken. tips?

This is not a signature.

2014-07-17 10:33:14

No idea