2013-02-02 00:14:54

May the mod forgive me for posting this in the wrong place if it is in the wrong place.
I don't know how useful this will be but here is an class that will the synth to play music based on the contents of a file.
Here is my test driver.
also, here is a sample file that it can play.
enjoy.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2013-02-02 00:31:13

Hi! It is a little interresting. But, please, upload some documentation to this page.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2013-02-02 01:11:33

I will give you as much as I can, or at least try to explain. each line of the text file contain three peaces of info. The first peace is the list of frequencies. look under the freq part of the tone synth section of the bgt help to see how this is formatted. the second peace is the length of the note or coard. This is under the same topic. the next peace given is how long it should rest after the note. this can be found under the rest topic under the tone synth section of the bgt help. these three peaces is devided in the text file by an underline char. This class basicly takes the info from the text file and sends it to the tone synth after deviding it up into the correct parts. It has one methid. this methid is called playSynthFile and it require an arcument containing the name of a file. HTH

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2013-02-02 10:49:21

Ah yeah! Lol i've heard about this sort of thing for i remember someone send me a sample in mp3 wich contained the chorus of one of my favourite songs. It happened to be owl city fire flies

2013-02-02 15:31:30

Hi, should all the files be renamed with the .bgt extention accept the synth test one?

2013-02-02 16:20:58

Yes. that is how I got the files named. Fs.bgt holds the class, filesynthtest.bgt is the test driver, and synthtest.txt is an sample file that the fs class can read.

DropBox Referral