2013-01-27 01:12:45 (edited by gamedude 2013-07-30 22:14:43)

Hello everyone. If anyone remembers the old swamp campaign maker that they may have downloaded from this topic, you'll be happy to know that I am completely rewriting it to have a brand new system, and possibly have it combined with the available swamp map editor created by CAE_Jones. I won't go into much detail about its functionality yet, but its going to be a great release. For anyone who did not have a chance to try the old campaign maker before the BGT 1.3 update, please know that the old campaign creator will not be updated to be compatible with the latest BGT update. Therefore, you will no longer be able to use the old campaign maker unless you update it yourself. For anyone who has never heard of the project, here's the original post:
Hello all. If any of you are like me, you will know what I am talking about when I say writing out every single line of a swamp campaign is very very long and tedious work for someone who is very lazy(like myself). Now, with a brand-new swamp campaign maker, you can automate this task, and save your fingers some work. Plus, it is open source so you can modify it to your liking! I have created a few simple campaigns with this thing and it does the job right. You will not need to remember all of the key words of the scripting language to use this program, but I recommend you try to memorize some of them just in case. This program will help many with making large campaigns that they don't feel like writing out by hand. Thank you very much!

P.S. the old link has been removed to prevent confusion.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2013-01-27 01:23:13

Very nice! I'm in the middle of a lot of stuff right now, so I don't know when I'll be able to give it an actual test, but hopefully this will prove convenient for several people. smile

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-27 02:16:47

It's already proved pretty convenient for me rofl. Also, I just wanted to add that I will be adding a couple templets into the program. These will just allow you to create a spicific type of campaign. For example, you could choose to create a rescue campaign, a regular mission, etc and the program will create the whole campaign for you! All it needs is a few inputs from the user(you) and it will throw a campaign together.

2013-01-27 02:39:50

It's quite nice, but can you make it so it'll work with JAWS too? smile
Hmm... And, btw, it's putting the commands on the same line, as far as I can see...
Oh, and the say=XXX command didn't seem to work correctly, at least I didn't get anything when I typed something.

Great idea, though, keep it up, I'm sure it'll become a great(er) tool.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-01-27 03:36:44

Umm, Alex? The say command is working for me, so i'm not sure what's going on there. Did you try looking at your history? Plus, I have updated the maker, so that you can now choose to use a screen reader if your heart desires. The link has changed though. It's in the first post. Also, from now on, campaigns will be created on to your desktop, so you may find them easier. There are a lot of extra files in the root directory of the program, so I wanted to make finding your campaign files easier. I also want to give a special thanks to CAE_Jones for the extremely helpful package of includes he has created. So, here you all go.

2013-01-27 03:39:51

Maybe the program could just create a folder called Campaigns or something in the root directory? Anyways, gonna redownload it. big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-01-27 03:44:08 (edited by Sean-Terry01 2013-01-27 04:29:27)

Hi, Can you please add the ability to load previously started campaigns? I stopped making mine, exited, and can't get back to where I left off. I think, If you could, a help/guide would help campaign newbys like myself as well. As it is, I love what you have done. I was wondering howI was going to create my own campaign. and, I now can do so, thank you sooo much!!!!! This along with the swamp map editor will help in making my own map, and making the campaign to go along with it. yes!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!
I just tried my hand at editing bgt script for the first time mind you. so, I tried adding in a load fuction so users could load their previously saved campaign if they need to edit something, or continue where they left off. It now shows up in the main menu, but, when I press enter on it, the program exits. If I wasn't to do this Gamedude, I am sorry, I just wanted to try it out. If I was and you can help me so I can keep learning bgt, that would be so awesome and grateful. Thanks a lot.
Sorry, here is my copy of the campaign maker with the load fuction added.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5156694/Sean%2 … 0maker.bgt

2013-01-27 05:04:06

NO problem! I will look at your version, and see if I can fix it. If I can, it might be the next release! Hahahaha, with your permission of course. If you have a skype, i'd be glad to help you with BGT. Wel, I'd still help you if you didn't have one, I just meant you having a skype would make things easier.

2013-01-27 05:38:07

Sorry for doubleing posting, but I have updated the client. I am having a bad feeling about this one. I don't think my new load function works, but it should. Basically, you type the path to the campaign you want to add on to, and press enter. If it finds the directory, it will take you straight to the categories menu. Someone let me know if this doesn't work, I didn't have time to try.

2013-01-27 06:05:54

Hi, I do have a skype, it is
seanterry2012
You can add me if you like and maybe we can have a BGT session some time. I have an idea on the finding your campaign. maybe you can make it so that the campaign maker can rember where your last stored campaign was saved instead, I think It would be hard to write out say
c:\users\user\downloads\campaign.txt
Or the same with out the campaign.txt at the end all the time.

2013-01-27 07:19:10

Filenames in bgt can be relative, so if your campaign is saved in the same folder as the program, it's as simple as using the filename. Unless Gamedude did something that specifically prevents this, but that seems unlikely.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-02-27 13:19:18

i must admit the reason why i never created a campain of my own yet is for i am super lazy, and busy, but if this  program of yours wil right out all the hard work for me. i wil be sure to see if i can come up with a good campain. in the future. woof! man! being a lazy chow.   is sure good!

There's a place for me in this universe.

2013-03-01 04:20:37

Hello,
This looks really cool. I crashed it quite a few times though.
I'm using Jaws and when I open the campaign maker.bgt file, I get a welcom message from SAPI and then nothing. (I'm using jaws 11).
I also went into one of the entry boxes and didn't have all the information, so if I hit escape it just went forward in the function list. Perhaps you can tell it if key press escape equals true go back to the last menu.
Also, I'm not seeing any script being written to the campaign.txt file.
It would be lots of extra code, but if you made all the maps, sounds, weapons and all that stuff into menus rather than having someone enter it by hand, that would make it very fast and almost as nice as playing swamp. (Of course you could have an enter by hand option, but you wouldn't need it.)
I'm not sure how swamp scripts go yet, but how do I tell what functions are being run when? Can you do if than statements? With this can we tell the difference between the first if than statements and the later ones?
Thanks,

2013-03-16 20:00:34

I totally agree once this became a really well oiled campaign maker, it'd be a huge help to the swamp community.
Like chow, I am super busy, and the downtime I have, its crammed with family time and my own short stents of game playing.
But when I get time to play, it'd be awesome if I could create a campaign with an extremely user friendly CP maker.

Thanks Gamedude, and thanks to everyone else whose contributing to this project! I hope to see more on it soon!
big_smile

2013-03-16 21:24:20

Cae Jones came up with the idea of combining the maker, and the map maker so I have temperarily paused development on it until further ideas are expressed. But, I haven't forgotten about it, lol!

2013-07-28 17:05:09

Game Dude, there is a compilation error in this script:

File: C:\Users\Shawn Daugherty\Desktop\swamp campaign maker\custom_pool.bgt
On line: 765 (1)
Line: void update_listener_3d(int listener_x, int listener_y, int listener_z, double listener_angle) {
Error: A function with the same name and parameters already exist

Can you please fix this?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2013-07-28 20:34:42

severestormsteve1, I am completely rewriting the campaign maker to be much better than the first one I released. The reason you are incountering a run time error is because the old campaign maker has not ben updated to the latest BGT version of 1.3 because of my rewriting it. Unfortunately the development of the new campaign maker has been put on hold until the folks over at blast bay are done rewriting the form.bgt script.

2013-07-28 21:03:37

Okay that's cool. It shouldn't take long for them to rewrite that class, so you think you'll be able to continue it soon?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2013-07-29 04:30:02

Yes. And, I am working on other parts of the campaign creator that don't require the form class so I wouldn't say development isn't at a complete stand still.

2013-07-29 05:13:33

That sounds good. I've never tried it out because the error and stuff, but what is it like. What kind of stuff soes it do?

2013-07-29 06:04:52

I got those exact errors in my own scripts using my includes before they were updated to 1.3 compatibility. Just thought I should make sure everyone knows said includes were last updated June 4 2013, for just that reason as I recall.

Trying to imagine the map editor and the campaign maker merging leaves me having trouble imagining a situation where one doesn't canibalize the other as a special case or add-on. Boo, and I'm normally more creative than that. sad

Having the ability to load map data into the campaign maker would make it much easier to get things like coordinates, zone IDs, tile-changing, etc right, but at the same time, this is probably best accomplished by loading the map as soon as someone creates a new campaign and specifies which map to use. (And loading maps can be slow, so I'm sure most people would want to avoid doing it too oft--oh, wait, I forgot, people who play Swamp have all the patience. XD )

You could start from the campaign-maker interface, and add menus or map-browsing as an option when creating events or modifying the map. You could start from the map editor interface, and have commands for "Create a location event at the selected area", etc. The best way I can see not to privilege one over the other would be to start out with a main menu, then go from there with lots of simple swapping (simple from the user's perspective. Entangling all those components safely sounds like tricky business on the coding end.).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-07-29 16:36:53

That sounds like a good project Idea. good luck on it

2013-07-30 08:34:44

Hi!
When i start the file
"campaign maker.bgt"
it create this report:
File: D:\Downloads\swamp campaign maker\custom_pool.bgt
On line: 765 (1)
Line: void update_listener_3d(int listener_x, int listener_y, int listener_z, double listener_angle) {
Error: A function with the same name and parameters already exist

Can you help me?
Chris.

sorry for my english, I hope you have understood me.

2013-07-30 09:21:45

Hello chpross. Please refer to the first post in this topic that has been updated with the current status of the program.

2013-07-30 21:17:13

Gamedude, are you and CAE_Jones still combining the swamp map editor and campaign maker?