2013-01-20 15:24:22

Hi fokes,
Well, its been a while sinse an update, so here go's.
Invasion from the planet zoracian as i've called it, is basically a wait until the target gets to the centre and fire at it kind of a game, with a bonus round at the end. Its nothing special, but i plan to do more work on it, such as weapon classes, different enemys, etc. Its programmed in bgt, and you'll need that to run the game. It is open sorce, and freely distrobutable along with any sounds and material you would like to add.
Here is a quick overview. I'll include a readme later.
Invasion from the planet zoracian. Another dam space invaders clone.
keystrokes.
Spacebar. When the target is in the centre, you can hit it with your laser gun.
Escape. Quit.
H. View your hits.
M. View your misses.
overview of rounds.
Round 1. Normal round, up to 18 hits.
In this round, you have 18 hits to hit the ship coming from left to right. However, if you miss 3 times, you will be killed.
The target will move faster after 3, 6 and 12 hits, increasing the pitch of the music.
round 2. Bonus 6 hit round.
In this round, you cannot check your hits or misses, and only have one miss before the ship will kill you. Are your reflexes fast enough? can you get 6 hits and clame bragging rights?
well, after all that, here is the link.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89805893/setup.exe
Enjoy. Are your reflexes good enough?

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2013-01-20 17:11:11

Hello,
I love this game.
Your game is fun!

2013-01-20 17:40:38

hi,
I'm glad you like it. I will possibly be compiling in the near future, with different weapons and things as i said.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-01-21 14:44:00

As an open source project I decided to do a little work on it by adding screen reader support as well as other things. The link is:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3235616/invasion.zip
Sorry I don't know how to make a setup file.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2013-01-23 16:39:53

hi,
really like this, especially as you've added molty lingual support. Feel free anyone to modify and do as you like with this, but expect updates.
Harrylst, can i use your code in my update?

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-01-23 20:02:32

Hi,
Wow, multi lingual suport.
I could be able to translate this game in german if you want.

2013-01-23 23:06:17

feel free, but if so, upload the script file only because most of us probably already have the sounds

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-01-25 21:53:57

Yeah... Of course you can use the code that is what it's there fore.  I only included english and afrikaans because I didn't know what languages people would want.  I'll work on a german translation now.

Feel free to add me.

2013-01-25 22:11:25

I added a quick german translation.  You'll probably have to fix it up though because it has been about 8 months since I used german.  Download from same link.

Feel free to add me.

2013-01-26 01:14:08

hi. This game sounds fun to play. I might wait a bit though for the weapon classes and extra enemies to be added.

2013-01-26 04:21:44

I don't want to add "too" much to this game because it's kyle's game, but I'd definitely be willing to do it.

Feel free to add me.

2013-01-26 12:10:08

hi,
I'll just tell you all that i'm working on it, and you'll have to see what i've got planned for it. As this was a working title, however, i might change it and add some documentation along with the game.
@harrylst.
The game is open sorced, and as such, free to modify as you wish. The only thing you may not do is sell the game.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-01-26 16:01:33

That's cool. BTW, if you add new strings and want to see them translated multilingually, don't hesitate to write them here and I (or some other forumite) will walk by and translate them.

Feel free to add me.

2013-01-26 22:16:03

Hello,
I have just corrected the german language.
The new link is:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47591750/invasion.zip
It may still upload, but it also could be finished uploading. Try it.
And in the folder i think you wonder why there is an executable.
It's because there is the code as well as an by me compiled .exe file.
Yes, i compiled the game in an executable.
Have fun with the updated german language.
Best regards.
Steve

2013-01-27 01:52:14 (edited by harrylst 2013-01-27 01:56:01)

Danke for the help. I lived in marburg for a while, but I guess my german is extremely rusty. Hopefully it wasn't too bad. smile
Edit: I took a look at the german fixes you made.  I do see one small thing: you keep alternating between du and sie. Maybe it would be better to stay consistent?

Feel free to add me.

2013-01-27 04:58:11

hi,
As i do not have a bgt light lisence, and cannot get one until i have some other necesitys i need, i will not be bringing out any mager releases for JRK. However, it is highly likely they will be in beta phases with my team, and this will give me time to work on it. I do plan to order a light lisence very soon after i have these other things i need.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-01-27 16:20:25

Yay! I've done a little more work.

New: Spanish Translation
Also quashed a bug (which I introduced when I added multilingual support) which prevented the welcome message from playing.  Link is:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3235616/invasion.zip

Feel free to add me.

2013-01-27 16:23:56

hi,
Thanks harrylst. You know, i might just let the community work on this and add to it myself again at some point. I know i have class scripts and things i've written up i want to ad in there soon.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-05-19 20:57:32 (edited by kyle12 2013-05-19 20:58:37)

hi,
So i've released a small bugfix version. Its not much, it simply fixes a sound issue i noticed while playing. If you want it, please 1: Uninstall any previous versions from your computer. 2: Download this file 3. Install that file, and happy shooting!
Note: I am working on the next full release, complete with compiled executable, story line and more advanced gameplay. Watch out for it soon!

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-05-20 02:55:36

Hi could you please fix this? It doesn't have the corrected german translation nor the spanish translation. the link is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/323 … racian.bgt
thanks

Feel free to add me.

2013-05-20 09:07:32

hi,
Sorrys. I was working off an old copy obviously. I never check copys and things. I'll do it when i get chanse.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-05-23 11:43:44

Hey there.
I just created a new update. Here're the changes:

Fixed spanish translation misspelling and words.
Fixed small typo in english language version.
NEW: When a game ends, you will now be asked if you want to start the game all over again from the beginning or exit, instead of quitting automatically.
I might add more stuff in soon. Here goes the link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/568 … racian.bgt
This is just the script file, and it's using the old version without the bugfix.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2013-05-23 18:06:29

hi,
Thanks, guilum. There are a lot of things i plan to code, and the community just makes things easyer and easyer!

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-07-06 01:17:06

Hi, is there any News about the game here? Hope it's still in development? What's the actual Status?

2013-07-07 22:12:46

Hi,
News:
There is currently no development as i am sort of in limbo. I'm writing this from a linux machine, as i got so fed up of windows i... Lets not go there. Anyway, when i get my mac i'm going to attempt to cross platform the game. BGT compiled for windows, and maybe available in the mac app store. If i can't get it to the app store, i'll post some instructions on my website, which, is now at kflex.tk. Expect major changes, including a new weapons system, moving to fire, and a lot more.
Also, i'd like to announce that me and a friend are now in the company known as KDAccess. Its the same person who created deathmatch.
Thanks for reading this rather lengthy and off topic news post.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us