2006-11-15 19:39:23

hi,
now, as there's going to be a lot of volenteers, me and sk8 kid have formulated a way to make sure we only get the number of beta testers we want.
now dw isn't quite ready yet, but it is very near completion.
so, the first 5 people to post a reply to this post get's the job.
ma ke sure that your e-mail addresses are correct in your profiles so we can e-mail you.
best reg.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-11-15 22:24:07

(jumps up and down waving hand in the air yelling me! me! ooooh! pick me! pick me!).

I know that Sk8 has had a litle trouble getting me on my public address, but you should find it okay Archer. For the record (though everybody probably knows by now anyway), the address is dark at X G A M dot org, the phonetics here might help people using document read functions, and also confuse those nasty spam trawler programmes that live on at signs.

Hopefully I should be vaguely useful in texting the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-15 22:43:45

Hello
I would like to be a beta tester for the game. My e-mail address is [email protected]
If you want to talk to me on MSN since I have a little trouble with sending e-mails, you can do so by adding the e-mail address above. I can open e-mails so if you send me anything, or write something, I'll beable to read it but I have a problem with replying.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-11-16 00:44:15

great, so we have our first 2 volenteers.
i might have guessed you'd be the first dark, welcome abord, i'll e-mail you as soon as all 5 slots are filled.
game man, i have a few tips that may help your e-mail skills.
1. after you've opened and read an e-mail press control r and control a, this will open a reply and control a will select the original message.
then press your forspace delete key and start typing.
send should be the second thing in your file menu.
hth.
best reg

2006-11-16 01:15:38

Arrrrr! tis good to be aboard cappan arrrrcharrrr Oy hopes tharr be few sharrks in these arr dangerous waters!

Hmm, bad pirate speak aside, I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

game man, in outlook express (and I believe Ms outlook as well), as Archer said, you can press control R to reply to a message, when you've written the message, alt S ill send it. I've personally never needed to select the text of the original message, i just went into the tools menue, options, and one option in the "Send" property sheet is a check box saying "Include message in reply" or something similar.

If your doing everything right, there might be a problem with the outgoing mail server on your account. I used to have a similar problem whenever i took my laptop home from Uni. I could reciee mail, but not send it. you might have to change your outgoing mail server to match your net connection. You can do this in the "Servers" property sheet, which you can get to from the tools, and then "Accounts" and then pressing the "properties" button for whatever mail account your using (the one that matches your address), this is I did anyway, but I could be totally mistaken sinse I've only ever had to mess about with my accounts and servers a couple of times, so it's not an area I'm too familiar with.

Stil, i hope some of this off topic rant might be of some use to you Game man.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-16 02:59:43

I want to be it. email is [email protected]. See you in dangerous waters.

2006-11-16 04:16:54

That makes 3.
Dark, I'm happy you volunteered. One of the things  that I wanted to tell you was that I wanted you to beta test our games. This game however, will include no test, so I'm afraid I won't need your writing skills. Oh and send me an email, I want to try something. Either personal or dsg account, doesn't matter.

2 more spots open!

2006-11-16 07:24:45

Hi, I'd like to test the game. I enjoyed dragonwarrier, and am looking forward to this being better.

2006-11-16 09:53:43

and then there were 6. welcome abord.
who's the last tester going to be.
best reg

2006-11-16 10:06:08

Hi! I'd be glad to help test it. The story line sounds promising.

Greetings,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2006-11-16 10:08:54

excellent, we have our team.
for anyone else who wanted the position, i apologise, but the positions have been filled.
best reg

2006-11-16 18:13:18

I like to be a tester as well. My email is: [email protected]

2006-11-17 09:50:08

as i said above, we only wanted 5 beta testers, i did post a message saying that we required no more.
however although you didn't get the job, we will keep you in mind should we need an extra tester or a replacement for one of the others should their responsibilities make it difficult for them to test the game.

2006-11-17 18:45:35

Hi,
That is stupid! That isn't fair for people that want to be beta testers but didn't get chanse to read this topic.

2006-11-17 20:59:58 (edited by archer 2006-11-17 21:04:35)

well, that's your opinion, but we discussed how many testers we wanted, and we have our team.
anyway, how do you know we won't need more testers for our next game?
best reg

2006-11-17 21:01:03

it is not stupid at all. they are acting like a company, and companies do not have a team of say, 100 beta testers.
so it's not stupid at all.

2006-11-17 22:09:38 (edited by dark empathy 2006-11-17 22:10:37)

On the one hand, limiting the number of testers does indeed make sense.

However, I know that not everyone is as lucky as I am, in having  job/education commitments that make it possible to check E-mail and forums frequently. sinse i am doing a Phd, all my studdying is done here, in my room,  in my own time, and if I want to check forums during a coffee break, there's nothing to stop me.

However, I know that most people aren't that lucky.

So, perhaps for next time Archer and Sk8 might considder posting a warning notice a day or two before the request topic is actually posted, so that anyone who's interested can make sure their able to reply to the topic. Something like:

"Dragonslayer games will be posting a topic to accept beta tester applications at 12.00 Gmt, Saturday november 18th, anyone wishing for a position on the testing team please reply to the topic at that time"

Of course, this system might also have it's drawbacks, but hopefully wouldn't leave people thinking they'd been treated unfairly. This is also of course, only a suggestion.

2006-11-18 01:32:29

A very good suggestion dark.
However, anyone who reacts so blunt and immature isn't fit for a beta testing job in my opinion. Stupid is harsh and it makes you seem childish. I would have respect for a detailed and well thought out comment, but I won't take such a short immature remark seriously.

2006-11-18 10:15:31

Hi,
I have to things to say:
No, I am not stupid! I was just saying that people that wanted to be beta testers might have missed the opertunity to be one.
And I am sorry that I said that idea was stupid. I didn't actually mean it was stupid, I meant that it was a bit of short notice. Sorry.
Best reg.

2006-11-18 16:33:07

First, I didn't say you were stupid. Secondly, it's fine, just try your best to explain next time. Stupid, like I said, is a blunt term.

2006-11-19 02:24:51

hey can I be a replacement beta tester? please

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-11-21 10:01:01 (edited by archer 2006-11-21 10:03:27)

hi.
now, i have sent out e-mails to as many betas as i can, but unfortunately i don't have eternal gamer's e-mail.
so, eternal gamer if you could e-mail me as soon as possible it would be a great help.
just click on my e-mail link.
now here's the main body of the post, an e-mail has been sent to happy boy, but as of yet i have not recieved a reply.
as we need a reply as soon as possible it has been discussed between ourselves that if a reply is not recieved in my inbox before this saturday night then we go with our replacement beta, troopanum.
best reg

2006-11-21 16:17:01

And if we don't receive a reply from troopenem, we will contact dd and so on and so forth. Since we have no one after dd, feel free to post up your email here so we can add you for backup.

2006-11-21 19:02:14

please use [email protected]. i will update my profile eventually, but with so many things to do, sound recording... (making mixes for myself and friends on skype), and playing a few games, well...

2006-11-21 19:52:36

You are the third in line.