2015-07-04 18:22:46

Eh, I'll go ahead and link it here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/a0f0sd
It's kinda long and complex already.
Things don't start to go noticeably wrong until the section on the Klidore map, although I haven't checked the debug log prior to that to see if any of those zz2 errors show up earlier. For reference, the jump to that map happens when the script variable is 20, and shortly afterward, plot changes to 10 (and increases as you accomplish things). The curmap variable should be 1.
Ah, it occurs to me that I did have a problem adding a random ambience at one point, but I probably screwed up the path or something.
Now that I think of it, it does seem like a lot of Med kits show up on that map, too. I added quite a few, so it's entirely possible it's doing what I told it to, but sometimes it seems like they are showing up in swarms where I wouldn't expect it.

I know I have had issues trying to load saved playthroughs of this campaign; variables apparently don't load right and it starts throwing out variable not found errors. I haven't tried it recently, so I don't know if it still does that. But if that's related, that happens if the save is prior to the Klidore section.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-07-18 11:35:19 (edited by Chris 2015-07-18 14:09:13)

Hello.

I've got another question and I'm not sure if SCS can do this or not.

I want to have zombies spawn randomly every 15 or so seconds. Is this possible to do with a timer and an if statement? I know you can specify what happens at specific times on a timer, but is there any way to make something happen when the timer increases by an x amount of seconds or minutes?

edit

I think I found out how to make this work. However, I get an error. Can someone help? Here is the code.
new var counter=[timer.seconds]

+-1+block add counter by 15
add random normal=2
say=2 zombies have been added to the map!
end event

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2015-07-18 15:05:01

You'd probably want something like this:

start timer
+-1+block time event m=0 s=15
add random normal=2
say=Two Zombies have been added to the map!
set timer m=0 s=0
end event

The error you get is probably because you're using add counter by 15 as though it's an event, when it's only a command. Actually, counter does not update on its own.
It might help to read the bits on timers.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-07-18 22:04:44

Ahh, I get it now. You're basically making the timer go up to 15 seconds, executing the other stuff inside the block, and then restarting the timer from 0 seconds. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

2015-07-20 01:54:58

Sorry for the double post but I've thought of some things that could be added to SCS. The main thing I would like to see is support for adding items to specific zones. This would make things a lot easier than trying to figure out the coordinates for the zone. This would make the item spawn in a random location within the zone. I would also like to be able to spawn the player in a specific zone of the map.

Speaking of zones, do zombies spawn in secondary zones if you specify a primary zone? For instance, I tried to have zombies spawn in the Hospital zone. However, I didn't hear any zombies when I went into that specific zone. Is this buggy or are they simply spawning in different parts of the zone, possibly in zone2 locations within the zone1?

2015-07-20 13:45:13

I think the Hospital is zone2. Generally, buildings are zone2, and individual rooms or objects are zone1, IIUC.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-07-20 16:23:03

that's odd. I would have thought that operating room of hospital is zone2 since it is inside of another zone.

2015-07-20 16:59:29

CAE Jones is right.  Swamp maps handle the zones where the primary zone is the specific place you are, and the secondary zone is the overview.  That might be why your script wasn't working as intended.

Oh Chris, I also wanted to quickly mention that the next update does allow SCS to spawn items onto zones like you requested.  It doesn't work with spawning the player yet, but I may get around to that at some point.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-07-25 19:05:11

One thing that would be cool in Swamp Campaign Scripting is the ability to have it so that you can choose what voice you the player will have. This could be useful for custom voices in the future to really make a story out of a campaign.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2015-07-26 05:00:15

Ok, I'm not sure if this is a problem with a specific campaign issue or a bug with Swamp itself that hasn't been fixed, so I'll just throw it out there. I've periodically tried playing the multiplayer campaign available in the DropBox group, and for some reason when I save my progress and come back to pick it up later, all my reputation, levels, experience are all wiped clean. And a note to whomever made that campaign, any chance to get this campaign updated to include more than just map1 and map2? Thanks everybody.

AKA president731

2015-07-26 06:32:48

I'm guessing it's a problem with campaign saving in general. (I might get back to that campaign at some point… I really have no idea what the future holds, at this point.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-07-26 06:41:31

I kinda wondered if that was the case. I haven't kept up on the forums well enough to see if it had been mentioned before though. Well, if you do, I'll certainly be interested. smile

AKA president731

2015-07-27 23:05:49

Can someone upload the map editor?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-08-04 21:23:25

Hi.

Ok, so I'm trying to add a custom item to a specific zone in version 3.6b of Swamp. I'm still working on the generator campaign I talked about a little while ago. Here is the code. For some reason, it says i have found 1 church instead of 1 generator. Can I get some help?

add item zone2 1 -Generator at Church

2015-08-25 19:45:20

@Chris, I came to report that same bug. Guess you got there first.

add item zone1 1 Broken ankle at Indie drive

Will allow me to pick up an Indie drive at Indie drive.

Now, I'm not sure if I can wear this Indie drive, or swing it at zombies like the incredible hulk or something, but either way, it's not what I thought it would do. smile

Just thought Aprone or someone should know.

2015-10-13 08:25:19

where is this file, its gone already?

2017-03-25 20:38:40

It would be cool if you could add food to the map and then an ally can pick it up

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel