2012-12-05 12:29:35

hi anyone knows avalon if not this is not the german avalon no its an english the problem is its with pay 7,50 $ per month but its cool my name in this mud is maddrax
avalon-rpg.com port 23

2012-12-05 15:00:10

Hi,
$50 a month for a MUD? Really?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2012-12-05 15:15:18

7,50 $

2012-12-05 19:25:49

Hi.
I think you mean. $7.50

I'm gone for real :)

2012-12-05 19:28:11

what is so good about it? My only issue is that even 7.50 usd a month (while less than 50 usd a month), is pretty pricy for an online game subscription.

considder for instance that  most games  are 5 usd a month, and usually less, or indeed have other payment options, for instance  in puppet nightmares subscriptions come free with game donations and get you  credit which can be used to buy stuff, while in games like core exiles  you buy items quite separately simply as basic perchices, for instance account or engine upgrades for your spaceship.

"it is cool" isn't really  enough of a recommendation i'm afraid, not when there are lots of brouser games for less, not to mention  large and complex muds like alteraeon, materiamagica and project.bob  who charge the great and  terrible price of nothing a month to play!

what is so different about  avalon? Is there a free version? are there any vi adaptations to the mud to help?

A little more information would be appreciated I think, particularly for such a comparatively expensive commercial game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-12-05 19:59:47

you can play a short time free, you can test any guild for 2 hours example you choose mage then you can test the  mages 2 hours then you choose loremaster and test it 2 hours again. i think the newbie part is very good. and the plyers are friendly if you need help in the mud you can ask and you get help.
and its not only hack and slash smile.