2006-10-26 02:14:36

Ryan, there are a couple of people on this board who are not visually impared (including the admins), but certainly the majority of people on this board do have a visual imparement. But it is very good if people with normal vision post on this board, ---- especially game developers. one of the biggest problems in the audio games markit is that almost nobody knows visually impared people play computer games of any sort.

I don't think text needs to be selectable in order to be read by a screen reader. Hal (and I believe Jaws as well), has a mode (in Hal it's the virtual focus), which creates a curser that you can wander about the screen with and read any text including lables, buttons,k and text in random windows. It's this mode that I use to play a lot of text adventure style games, and which I also used on Age of Legends.

As reguards text games in general, almost all of the ones I've tried have been the interactive fiction style ones written in languages like Z codes or Tads, where you need to type in commands. I can't say I've noticed any with aski art, but then again, I haven't tried any of the ones that run specifically under dos, or under windows from Exe files the way Age of Legends does.

the thing I liked best in Age of Legends was the use of a full rpg stat system with weapons, combat, special items, charactor classes etc, this is certainly something I haven't seen in many text games.

Btw, if you develope an rpg many people, (including me), will proclaim you king of the universe, build lots of inconveniently large statues to you and brutally sacrifice anyone who refuses to worship your immense and shiny glory! ;D. -

Well, maybe not that much, but you'll certainly please lots of people.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-10-26 06:11:05 (edited by robjoy 2006-10-26 06:14:06)

I'm absolutely agree with Dark, you can't imagine how happy i was when i saw finally a well-designed, true fantasy game, which is (apart from the bugs) in my opinion, one of the best.
Cheers,
R.J.
edit: 14 out of 15 quests have been completed.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-10-26 13:35:57

um.  is it just me, or are you not able to buy potions.  I must be doing something wrong I think.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-10-26 21:35:10

dark empathy wrote:

Ryan, there are a couple of people on this board who are not visually impared (including the admins), but certainly the majority of people on this board do have a visual imparement. But it is very good if people with normal vision post on this board, ---- especially game developers. one of the biggest problems in the audio games markit is that almost nobody knows visually impared people play computer games of any sort.

I don't think text needs to be selectable in order to be read by a screen reader. Hal (and I believe Jaws as well), has a mode (in Hal it's the virtual focus), which creates a curser that you can wander about the screen with and read any text including lables, buttons,k and text in random windows. It's this mode that I use to play a lot of text adventure style games, and which I also used on Age of Legends.

As reguards text games in general, almost all of the ones I've tried have been the interactive fiction style ones written in languages like Z codes or Tads, where you need to type in commands. I can't say I've noticed any with aski art, but then again, I haven't tried any of the ones that run specifically under dos, or under windows from Exe files the way Age of Legends does.

the thing I liked best in Age of Legends was the use of a full rpg stat system with weapons, combat, special items, charactor classes etc, this is certainly something I haven't seen in many text games.

Btw, if you develope an rpg many people, (including me), will proclaim you king of the universe, build lots of inconveniently large statues to you and brutally sacrifice anyone who refuses to worship your immense and shiny glory! ;D. -

Well, maybe not that much, but you'll certainly please lots of people.

by the way, it's called world of legends, not age of legends. thanks for your comments.

2006-10-26 21:36:25

robjoy wrote:

I'm absolutely agree with Dark, you can't imagine how happy i was when i saw finally a well-designed, true fantasy game, which is (apart from the bugs) in my opinion, one of the best.
Cheers,
R.J.
edit: 14 out of 15 quests have been completed.

Ok, so let me get this straight. you have already completed - 14 quests???

2006-10-26 21:38:23

dark empathy wrote:

especially game developers. one of the biggest problems in the audio games markit is that almost nobody knows visually impared people play computer games of any sort.

What exactly do you mean by that?

2006-10-26 21:40:06

Liam wrote:

um.  is it just me, or are you not able to buy potions.  I must be doing something wrong I think.

type the number of the potion that you want to buy. then, type the amount that you want, be sure to also press the enter key. i can buy potions perfectly well, and i bet everyone of us can, as well.

try it again, if you have problems, then tell me

2006-10-26 22:27:58 (edited by Game Man 2006-10-26 22:29:36)

Hi
I have completed six quests and I am on the seventh. I would like some help on finding the things I need to give to the librarian. I have gotten 2 of the things but I can't find the frog.
Any help would be appriciated.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-26 22:31:15

Game Man wrote:

Hi
I have completed six quests and I am on the seventh. I would like some help on find the things I need to give to the librarian. I have gotten 2 of the things but I can't find the frog.
Any help would be appriciated.
Oh and by the way, I think Liam means that he can't buy the possions in the town.
Game Man

Liam should be perfectly well able to do that. I've tried it many times, and it always works. There's no bug in the shops, as I've already checked for them.

Anyway, for the librarian, you may have already found the 2 things, and now what you need is the frog mana potion.

To get the frog mana potion, go back to the main town, and go to craft a potion. You should find frog mana potion there. In order to create potions, you will need some tokens, so go to the tool shop in town, and buy some tokens there. Most of the general tools that are the most useful, will be located in the basic town.

Hope that helps,
-Ryan

2006-10-26 23:09:46

Hi
Thanks for your help. I just didn't really understand what the librarian meant.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-26 23:19:19

Hi
I actually meant the professor. The professor wasn't satisfied with the potion. What sould I do?
Thanks.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-27 03:03:22

if he means the bloated frog, then go to the rainforest quest area
search on the path, until you get a bloated frog
it will take several tries, so just keep searching the path (option 2), until you get it

-Ryan

2006-10-27 04:50:21

Hi
Thanks for your help again. When after I defeated the Light Of God, the people told me to go and speak to the sword master and find the professor. How do I talk to the sword master and the professor.
Any help would appriciated.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-27 15:00:40

has anyone figured out what you do with the doors yet?  in the meadow?

2006-10-27 22:11:02

Liam wrote:

has anyone figured out what you do with the doors yet?  in the meadow?

You have to try to get a key combination. For example, 2, 5, and 6.

If you are having trouble with getting the puzzle done, I will give you a clue:

You must knock, on 4, certain, doors.

2006-10-27 22:24:34

Game Man wrote:

Hi
Thanks for your help again. When after I defeated the Light Of God, the people told me to go and speak to the sword master and find the professor. How do I talk to the sword master and the professor.
Any help would appriciated.
Game Man

The sword master is where you can get back your magic weapons and armor. For some reason, if you replace it with another weapon or armor, you can always get it back, as it will never be lost forever.

Anyway, to talk to the professor, simply go to the library again. I will say no more, for the rest is a surprise.

2006-10-27 22:41:10

Hi
Do you mean the castle library?
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-27 23:09:35

alright... i have no idea. i don't know what to do. i really. when do i do my frist quest. do i buy a weapon first. i only have 40 hp to start with... what should i do to begin my adventure and get some quests done.

2006-10-28 01:23:59

Game Man wrote:

Hi
Do you mean the castle library?
Game Man

No, the library in the heaven quest, where you had beaten the God Of Light. You know, the professor's library.

2006-10-28 01:34:31

aaron wrote:

alright... i have no idea. i don't know what to do. i really. when do i do my frist quest. do i buy a weapon first. i only have 40 hp to start with... what should i do to begin my adventure and get some quests done.

Go to the castle training arena, and train to level 10. Buy better weapons and armor, if you need to. If you think you would like to use spells, then start training intelligence, and buying spells along the way. You can start the first quest any time you like (it is option 7, grasslands).

2006-10-28 05:02:13

Hi
I don't see the professor's library in the Heavens.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-28 12:44:26

wow.  this puzzle gets me.  lol.  I still can't get the doors.  I'm surprised I can't either.  I should be able to.

2006-10-28 14:52:10

Game Man wrote:

Hi
I don't see the professor's library in the Heavens.
Game Man

Oh, then in that case, you probably have already beaten the quest. If the graveyard quest (quest 15) is now available to you, then you have already completed the quest. Also, check your equipments now, again. You should have some magic armor, and a magic sword (120 attack) but if not, then you have not completed the quest yet, which means that the professor's library should be available to you.

2006-10-28 14:53:50

Liam wrote:

wow.  this puzzle gets me.  lol.  I still can't get the doors.  I'm surprised I can't either.  I should be able to.

You don't have to do them in a certain order. If you hit the same 4 doors, no matter what order you hit them in, you will still win, and get the prize. I'll give you a bit more of a hint, now.

3 of the doors are:

------

Now you should figure the last one by yourself.

2006-10-28 15:35:26

Hi
I haven't completed the quest yet but it's not there. What should I do?
Game Man

Game Man