2006-10-16 18:59:50

hello,

i just wanted to know that could someone tell me how to collect bugs in chilingham?

2006-10-16 19:36:07

If you hear one of the bugs that the professor requested in one of the three directions (left, right or in front of you), press the matching arrow key (left, right or up-arrow)

2006-10-16 19:37:37

hello,

yes but how do i start the process i go to the big tree and then what do i do?

2006-10-16 19:43:00

Hello.

1: Go to the church and get a candle.
2: go to the swamp and use the candle on the camp fire to light it.
3: go to the big tree and use the lit candle on the lantern (though how fredric manages to wander about the countryside with a lit candle is beyond me).

then As Ralf Howerman said, you need to targit the insect left, middle or right with the left and right arrows, then press up arrow to grab it. make certain you get the right one.

good luck bug hunting, I'm afraid that part of the game is slightly repetitive but there's fun stuff coming up later I promise.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-10-16 19:53:37

but when i try and use the raft at the swamp i get some message saying that it needs something to hold on to or something like that.
thanks for helping me

2006-10-16 22:59:19

1. If you haven't already done so, Inspect the closet in Lily's house. The very first time you do this you'll find a loose coat hook on the door. Take it.
2. If you haven't already done so, Inspect the well and take the rope you find. Use the hook with the rope to tie the hook to the rope.
3.That done, go to the Big Tree and use your Rope and Hook (what a creative name) on the big tree. You'll dislodge a branch. Take it.
4. With branch in hand you can then return to the swamp. Use the branch with the raft to set sail. On your way across the swamp you'll encounter aligators. To scare them off, whack them on the head with the branch. When you hear one, tap the left, right or up arrow depending on where the gator is. If it's to the left, hit left. If it's to the right, hit right and if it's in the center, hit up. It's just like the termites in the antique shop.
5. When you get to the camp, use the candle you got from the church with the campfire to light it. Like Dark, I wonder how in the hell Frederick can wander around the country with a lit candle. How would he keep from setting himself on fire let alone keeping the candle lit? Anyway, with the lit candle you can go back to the tree and use the candle on the lantern. That'll bring the bugs. The first time you do this though, you won't have a jar to catch them in. However, the professor won't let you start catching the bugs until you do this. After you light the lantern with the candle though, all you have to do from then on is just use the lantern to bring the bugs. I must say though, that that's probably my least favorite part of Chilingham. You spend what seems like more than half the game catching bugs. No offense intended to anyone, but I kinda got the feeling that somebody ran out of ideas and needed to fill in the spaces somehow. As I said I mean absolutely no offense but that's just the feeling I got. it's like having a game where your gol is to fight off the alien army, only you spend half the time gathering fuel cells for your ship, then a quarter of the time replacing the transmission and the electrical system, and only the last quarter actually fighting aliens. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed Chillingham and will probably buy part II when it comes out, but I hope part II features at least a little more variety in its gameplay.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!