2012-11-13 19:53:55

Hello folks,
So a few of us on teamtalk have checked out this new game, and it appears to be a bop it style thing. However, could Yukio please explainin how this game adctually works? apparently there are powerups too!
Here's the link:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/atodasi_janken.exe

2012-11-14 05:03:44

is it in english?

2012-11-14 05:18:57

Nope. It isn't I'm afraid. Ukio, can you translate it?

2012-11-14 06:06:58

Atodashi Janken
This is a japanese version of rock, paper, scissors.
Once you install it, delete config.cfg in the folder it creates. When you run play.exe, it will bring up a message box. Press ok and enter your name.
Main menu options:
1. Start - starts the game.
2. Item shop - you can buy items in here with points obtained from playing the game.
3. Collection - collection items.
4. Item information - tells you which items you have, and how many.
5. Send score. It will ask you to enter a comment, press shift+enter from the edit box to close it, then y to send your score. There is currently a bug; if you cursor over that option it will activate. Pressing no here won't work because of this; it will just activate again.
6. Exit game

Playing the game:
Each action is proceeded by janken. It will say janken, then either gu, pa or choki.
When it says gu, press the right arrow.
When it says pa, press down, and for choki press left.
The game speeds up as you play, and ends if you press the wrong key or wait too long.

Items:
Items can be purchased at the item shop for points. Points are obtained while playing.
Once purchased, an item can be activated by pressing a number during a level change in the game. The items will be described with their numbers.
1. speed down, 5 points: slows down the game.
2. Gu choki pa, 10 points: become invinsible for one round.
3. pointer, 5 points: Earn double points for one round.
4. mega pointer, 15 points: triple points for 3 rounds.
5. mega speed down, 20 points: reduces speed of the game by half.
6. Sound bonus, 10 points: not sure what this is.
7. UFO catcher:
8. Ura mode

2012-11-14 09:23:42

About collection sounds:
This game has 1000 bonus collectable sounds. The sounds are obtained during the game. If you pass three levels, one will be unlocked randomly. You can also buy those sounds at the shop.
About ufo catcher:
The control is same as bk2. Use left and right arrows to move, then press space to pick up. You may get one sound, but you may get nothing. Two sounds might be picked up.
Because this is a title that I created in 2008 or 2009, it might not be a lot of fun. But please try playing if you are interested in.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-11-14 13:36:15 (edited by aaron 2012-11-14 13:39:06)

Hi,
The other game I found, which I'm currently playing a lot, is nyanchan pinball. This one is odd. Think of it like supershot only with a pinball flying around the screen at the same time hitting targets, plus many, many bonus events, everything from meteorite type things flying around, waiting for it to be in the center and pressing space to make the thing explode, to stuff like having to press spacebar rapidly to save the ball from drowning, to being catapulted into another random bonus event, to a zylophone roulette thing that gives mini rewards, to extra balls, electricity, a sword battle, a metal breaking stage that works similar to pinball extreme's scanning feature, a code lock stage, and who knows what else! You can get point ranks at the end of the game which is just a  little message which is rtranslatable, as it uses the clipboard. You use space to fire the ball, left, right, and up to use flippers when you hear a siren.
Use jTalk to help you through menues, although make sure you switch your keyboard layout to japanese if you really want to know your score and stuff at the end of the game. I am not sure what the difference is between the three modes, point mode, time mode and something else.
Here's a link for those interested, and if you want an audio demo I'd be happy to do that for any of the japanese games I have. Anyway, here's the nyanchan pinball link:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/nyanchan_pinball22.exe
Also, a question related to akijanson or whatever it's called: where can the scoreboard be found?

2012-11-14 14:24:40

Wirdly, for some reason, my arrow eys don't seem to work in adidashajankin. I hear the instruction,i Press the arrow, and it makes a game over sound.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-11-14 17:47:23

Wow this dude's awesome. I've tried bk2, world of war, and lazer breakout. I shall say, that bk2 is one of the most
1: challenging audio games
2: emersive audiogames
3: And also, the many bonus things that he makes in his games are really worth a thumbs up aren't they. Ukio, you should translate all your games. That'd be awesome. Really awesome I mean! I haven't tried this yet, but I will, after dinner in half an hour or less.
Rock on man, you're freakin awesome!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2012-11-14 18:58:58

Hi ukio. Did you know that i was playing atadashi janken, for like almost a year? Well, now, because it actually if you wanted to, saves. So, now, i have like 340, ore more sounds, and they are really awesome, some are actually funny. You will see, if you play.

2012-11-14 19:22:57

Hi,
I know, this game si really cool. Now what would be even cooler was if you could sometimes switch to different background beats to have during in gameplay. I know this is sort of an old game though so don't know if it will get updated.

2012-11-14 19:52:08 (edited by LordLundin 2012-11-14 20:01:21)

It all depends if the developer, Ukio, still has the source code. I hope so, so he can make translations. Oh please Ukio, do that. Translate all your games and post them here. It will be so awesome. It's not a must, it's a request. It'd be absolutely fantastic. If you want, I could help you with corrections of english errors, and I could even record my own voice for you. So, you can add me on Skype if you want:
andreas.andersson1996
Keep it up dude, it's freakin awesome!
Edit:
After I got used to it --- though I still can't get to more than the second round for some reason --- I found the game to be very rhytmical and smooth. It's good.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2012-11-14 22:15:19

I got it working, and was playing during all of school today. My best score without powerups is a solid 40. I have about 30 sounds unlocked, but I am still trying tounlok ura mode. 45 points doesn't seem to cut it. I also found a hidden easter eg in the game.

s
P
O

L
E
R
type R A N D at the main menu for a surprise!

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2012-11-14 22:24:39

Hi,
I wonder what euromode is? Haven't got to try it yet.

2012-11-14 23:10:27

Yukio...
this game is awesome. Like... really really awesome!
Now I just have one question. Would you mind doing all my college work so I can play this game and earn points? Bwahahahahahahaha jk!

2012-11-15 11:23:06

Hi,
If you want a game that lets you test both your reaction speed and your japanese number knowledge, then try attack jmp. Here's how it works, although I've yet to beat a round:
First of all, the game's made by Yukio. Second of all, it's self voicing, but completely in japanese. But the premis is quite simple.
You start the game, enter your scoreboard name, then press enter and th main menu appears. I'm not sure if there are any unlockables or not so I just went straight to start.
It gives you three numbers. You have to remember these, and it even geos into the twenties and thirties!
It then says, threee, two, one, go! and you hear the sound of an engine. So, rapidly tap the spacebar, and I mean as fast as possible otherwise you'll have no chance of beating the next part.
Eventually you'll hear an explosion.
Then, here's what happens. a slot wheel thing starts spinning, and, if you were really slow at the spacebar section you will have absalutely no chance at guessing the sequence. So, remember those numbers I was telling you about? Yep, you gotta put the three wheels in that sequence by pressing spacebar on that beep or sound you hear. it'll make different sounds for each wheel.
What makes this game particularly cool and me wanting to keep coming back, is it's soundscape. Very arcade but absalutely brilliantly done.
Link:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/attackjump.exe

2012-11-15 15:25:04

Hi,
If you wish to view scoreboards, download the scoreboard viewer.
When you start this progggram, you'll be presented with a listbox containing all the games you can view. If your system isn't set to japanese then some strange characters will appear, however, I've done the math for you. For atidajanson, it is the first one in the list. If you want to see the english scores for world of war, keep pressing w until you hear world of war worldwide, followed by a difficulty or game you want. Just press enter to open the scores, and another listbox will then update with the latest. Press tab to go back to the game list, and press alt f4 to close the program. Note: tabbing while a game isn't selected will bring up the score listbox with nothing in it, due to it having no game selected. So, to summarise, presss enter on the game you want to view, then the score box will automatically be focused and you can then use espeak or something to read the english scores. This also includes comments.

2012-11-15 18:12:51

Wow!
how many games has this dude done?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2012-11-15 22:19:44

Did I just blow 100 points? Because that's how much ura mode costed, and nothing seems to have changed.

2012-11-16 15:44:12 (edited by nyanchan 2012-11-16 15:50:28)

First of all, I'm really glad to hear that many people enjoy this game.
About the translation, I will be able to translate menus, but I'm not sure how to translate the main game. "Jan ken" Japanese says, but the ENglish is "rock paper scissors". They make different rhythm.
About the scoreboard, please download scoreboard viewer or go to
http://neko902.mad.buttobi.net/scoreboard/score.php
edit : I noticed that my main server is currently anabailable.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-11-16 17:20:25

Hi,
Just translate the menues because if you translate the japanese part of th game, the rhythm will be lost.

2012-11-17 04:47:44

Yukio, You've got till January to try and get me tired of this game.
anyway, I played a bit tonight, and I actually did quite well.
Here is the mp3 recording of it!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95411135/MyBestPerformance.mp3
Dropbox tells me it's ready now, so... give it a go and tell me what you think!

2012-11-17 10:08:44

Hi.
It was quite nice, although i got 160 points this morning, but how did you do that slow down feature with the 7 speed down items? Ore, how do you activate the speed down item? Thanks in advance.

2012-11-17 16:35:02

hi,
so i've just got my new laptop and i want to get into bk2 and the other titles.
what's the best way to get started with this and how do i go about using the clip board feature?
sorry if this is off-topic but seeing as we're talking about yukeo's games, i thought i'd ask

2012-11-17 17:19:45

Hi,
This game is funny. I have a question. What is BK2? Is it translated to English? Thanks for your answers.

2012-11-19 14:08:50

i've said it before, and i'll sai it again.
yukio is the! boss!.
i hope he is not like the boss of bk2, else, all of us will be destroyed...
now, i'm working on a new software. when i'm a little tired of programin, i play meteorites escape to relax haha.

to dan C.
I don't have time right now, but if noone else answer your question, i'll do it myself.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html