2012-09-24 16:24:19

I have written a game based on the novel "Spud" by renouned author John Van de Ruit.  It is a text adventure written in BGT; I'm trying to figure out if I can make a game book in BGT.  Although it only has 8 or 9 choices now, I'm hoping to get some feedback on improvement.  I'm working up to a game book that chronicals the full novel, and I hope to get some feedback.  Here's the link:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3235616/spud.exe
There is no installation, just click on the game and play.  It relies on either Jaws, Window-eyes, or Sapi5 as speech output.
For those who are familiar with the "Spud" book, feel free to ask me for the source code if you wish to add more scenes.
Hope you enjoy the book and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2012-09-26 23:05:35

thats fantastic.
nice
i'll download it and try it out

music is the life.

2012-09-27 03:04:47

Please tell me what you think.  I want to know if this is actually a good way of developping these things in BGT.

Feel free to add me.

2012-10-10 07:43:30 (edited by sagor19956 2012-10-21 05:01:33)

How i choose my text adventure from Spud novels?

drug testing

2012-10-16 07:39:23

OK. This is a game, where you will hear a scene and you must choose options.  The program will give you some numbers, and it's your job to press the right number for the options you want.  Spud is a book written by best-selling author John Van de Ruit.  I have designed all the scenes around this book.

Feel free to add me.

2012-10-17 23:35:04

Hi.
I've tried out this game, and it seems to be good going so far. I have one question:
Is there a way to skip the story and get to where you type the choices? I'm asking, because when you did something wrong and have to start over, you have to listen to the entire thing before being able to answer.
Then, when you make the wrong choice, you simply get booted out of the game. I think it would be cool if you hear a little message before it happens, like what happens to "spud" as he makes the wrong choice.
Since I'm well fimiliar with these books, I'd love to have the source code to try and expand on it, since I think it would help me with some BGT practicing as well. smile
Good game though; keep it up!

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-10-20 07:06:13

OK. The thing is that it does say a message. I think you're pressing control too quickly and not hearing the message when you are booted out. On my end, a message does play at the end.  Also, press control to stop your screen reader and go directly to the edit box, but you won't hear the choices.  I'd love for you to expand it.  The source can be found at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3235616/spud.bgt
It's very simple the way the game was designed.  Let me know what you think, and if you expand it I'd love to see it.

Feel free to add me.

2012-11-21 00:24:54 (edited by blindncool 2012-11-21 00:33:45)

I think this is pretty good!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce