2006-09-30 00:50:23

Well, finally made it as far as Sound Chase. I've unlocked levels in Sound Slalom and the second Sound Catcher remix as well. Here's where I need help. I'm having trouble with the first level of Sound Chase. When the level starts, right when the voice says ready, go, the sound I'm supposed to follow plays. But when the level actually starts, it goes away completely. Has anyone else ever had that problem? If so, how'd you deal with it? It's really bizarre, since in the trailer the sound was always there.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-09-30 10:03:57

Hi,
What is sound chase?

2006-09-30 13:59:51

It's part of the Soundvoyager game by Nintendo. There's a listing for it in the archive on this site. Sound Chase is one of seven minigames that make up Soundvoyager. As the title suggests you're chasing a sound that jumps from channel to channel, but you have to avoid other sounds while you're chasing it. I had to order the game internationally from www.PlayAsia.com, but it still ended up costing me less than thirty bucks. The entire title of the game is Bit Generations: Soundvoyager.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-09-30 20:38:08

Hi,

I think you have to hold A to go faster during game play, but I haven't made it to Sound Chase yet... does it work?

Greets,

Richard

2006-09-30 23:29:00

... update: I've just finished the first level of Sound Cannon and now got another level of Sound Catcher. Is Sound Chase still far away or nearby?

2006-10-01 00:33:34

Actually I believe you could have unlocked a level of Sound Chase by now. I'm noticing that whn you complete a new level of Sound Catcher, you get a choice of games/levels to unlock. That's what I've notied anyway. I've completed three levels of Sound Slalom, Sound Drive, Sound Chase, Sound Cannon and Sound Picker. So far the only one I haven't yet played is Sound Cock. But actually I think you can choose what levels you want to unlock. I've noticed that when you get to that screen you hear two possible level sounds, one in the left ear and one in the right. You center the one you want and that's what you get. I can't count how many Sound Catcher remixes I've unlocked though. Some of those tunes are pretty bizarre.

2006-10-01 08:33:13

I've noticed that when you get to that screen you hear two possible level sounds, one in the left ear and one in the right. You center the one you want and that's what you get.

Ah yes, that's it. I didn't really pay much attention to this and only quickly tried to catch the nearest sound. K... try some more...

2006-10-01 16:21:53

Hi again,

Up until now I never got the left/right ear sounds at the end of a Sound Catcher level, referring to the choice in level. I was already thinking why I didn't progress (only having played the game twice after I bought it though since I'm extremely busy).

Anyway, I now too made it to Sound Chase (which turned out to be one level away but I kept turning the wrong way at the end of the Sound Catcher level before it). And indeed: you have to hold A to get closer to the sound that is getting away. The sound that is getting away will move left and right so you need to target/pan it in the center as to eventually get it. And during the game you have to avoid obstacles such as cars as well.

That's it, really.

2006-10-07 14:39:50

Hi,
Is that game accessible?

2006-10-07 19:40:07

With a bit of practice to navigate the menu's: yes:

Please see:
http://www.audiogames.net/db.php?action … undVoyager