2012-11-28 01:57:52

if nothing else I can send you my config file
I'm using the emulator called PSX, but the game is about a gig, so I can't upload it easily

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-11-28 09:38:00

Okay, I'll take a look at it. But if it's accessible I should be able to configure the emulator.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-04-16 05:48:55 (edited by Shadowcat 2013-04-16 06:29:12)

apologies for bringing back a topic from like 5 months ago, but I was just wondering is this ever going to be finished? as I've just finished the game myself and I'm replaying it for the otakon ending so if you have no objections I could add some more to this walkthrough if you don't plan to finish it

2013-04-16 15:57:45

Sure, everything is done although I didn't post it, except the part where you have to defeat sniper wolf. Have you managed this part?

2013-04-16 16:40:15 (edited by Shadowcat 2013-04-16 16:47:57)

I had to get some sited assistance for that one, but the rest of the game I figured out after I got used to aiming missiles
the second sniper wolf fight was very very satisfying though, shoe on the other foot for once tongue
but I will admit to this, if I wasn't using an emulator and quicksave I would've been scrued over quite a few times, ninja and psycho mantis specificly plus a couple more

2013-04-16 19:42:41

Alright. One other trick is to at least get a code for this one, get the stinger missile for the first fight only, i do not consider this cheating since it's beeping when you're aiming at her, just like the second fight. I'll update this walkthrough tonight.

2013-04-17 00:39:06

wait, how can you get the stinger for the first fight? unless you're talking about gameshark or something, and even then I don't know if PSX supports it as it isn't meant to be as complex as EPSXE

2013-04-17 03:18:42

Yeah unfortunately I'm talking about gameshark, but only for this fight. She will take the same damage as if you'd shoot her with the sniper, and for us it's a lot easier.

2013-04-17 03:39:23

hmm, not sure if there's a way to do that in this particular emu though, I haven't seen it anyways
just out of curiosity have you ever actually done it with the PSG1?

2013-04-17 18:48:38

Not with the first fight, it honestly seems impossible. I managed to hear the target sounds a few times, not more. That's why for me the stinger is a lot more effective and is not on my opinion considered cheating since she takes the same damage and you actually hear a sound when you aim at her

2013-04-18 00:41:31

well if you want to be really technical about it, some people would consider that cheating since you're not supposed to have that weapon at that stage of the game, plus it actually makes it a lot easier to aim because you don't need the drugs
just wondering do you know a way to use codes with PSX? I know EPSXE can if you have the right plug in, but last time I tried to use that one it was really choppy and laggy
any info on this would be great, but I think that may be my hardware  struggling with the advanced emulation and not the emulator itself

2013-04-19 12:46:14

sorry for the double post but in a bit of a rush right now
I just tried CEP for PSX, it is not accessible at least not with NVDA

2013-04-19 12:55:26

Hi all! Did someone played MGS combat ops for PSP? Is it playable? (I don't remember if it's MGS combat ops or MGS Portable ops, sorry)! Thanks!

Claudio

2013-04-21 14:01:40

I was wondering about portable ops as well, and peace walker since I plan to get the HD collection sometime

2013-04-21 14:38:58

How about the 2nd fight with sniper wolf.. I got difficult to hit her by stinger...

2013-04-22 06:58:24

that one is easier with the nakita missiles in my experience
seb, just out of curiosity how playable is MGS2 compare to MGS1?

2013-04-22 14:45:52

Very playable. If you finished mgs, you're going to do the same with mgs 2, no doubt about it.

2013-04-23 00:42:03

seb, just an interesting little bit of information I found about elevators and ladders
if you're directly in line with the button, snake will not pres his back to the wall, instead this is the only time he keeps moving
I didn't see that in the walkthrough, but it might already be there
still trying to find a good gameshark alternative for PSX, no go though
also revisited my quicksave right before the metal gear boss fight, and not sure how I even did it last time haha
dodging attacks isn't the problem, getting a lock on is the problem tongue

2013-04-23 02:30:27

Good point, forgot to add it! And I have a few tips for metal gear that actually do not require you to lock on. I will add it to the walkthrough and I'll update it soon.

2013-04-23 05:04:53

seb, just a couple questions on the added mechanics of MGS2
firstly and most importantly, hold ups
are these possible at all? because I want my cheat items! XD
related to that, is precision aiming accessible? because I know it is actually needed for at least one part of the game
and I actually forgot the rest of what I was going to ask tongue
thanks

2013-04-23 10:57:28

How about next audio walkthrough, I'm wating, I wanna know how you fight sniper wolf on 1st fight

2013-04-23 15:25:47

First, I will be using a cheat to fight sniper wolf (first fight only). I'm sure that some people are going to disagree, but at the same time it pretty much involves the same, such as finding where she is and aiming right. By using the stinger missile, the target actually beeps when you aim at her. I'll be updating the walkthrough tonight. DD, it's definitely possible to hold guards up, you just have to remember where they're actually standing. When a guard is unaware of your presence and you're next to him, simply press square to hold him up. after that, release square slowly though so snake won't shoot him. get in front of him, then aim at his head by holding square plus r1 and press up a few times. The guard will then drop some items

2013-04-23 16:35:19

wait, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you have to hold square down and hold L1 to move to the front of him so he won't try and shoot you?

2013-04-23 20:26:30

You can do that, the only thing you can't do is unequip your weapon, if you do he'll shoot you

2013-04-24 00:46:21

oh so you can let go of square, you just can't put the gun away
but I've also seen people get the items then choke the guards, so I'm guessing if you're behind them then you can do that
oh, and something I just found out about the M1 tank, you can actually stun the gunner with stun grenades, I've tested this