2012-10-03 03:05:40 (edited by Shadowcat 2012-10-03 07:16:07)

try random aiming? lol
edit: for ninja's stealth mode, suggestion for emulator people
quicksave
throw a chaff, it'll stun him and listen for the sparking noises, try to find where it is and punch him
load
go back, punch punch kick
repeat until he goes all masokist

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-10-03 09:04:44

I think the Metal solid gear games will be the mainstream playable games which I'll spend most of my time on in my life.
I can't still imagine how all this is playable even when I've heard the walkthrough, but sure it can be done. smile I have a feeling about that hundrets of hours of gameplay is ahead of me, and it's just a madder of practise. Practise practise practise, just like MK and Shank, which reminds me of I haven't beaten the crappy boss in Shank 1 yet! sad That reminds me of that epic feeling I got when I completed Urban Reign for the very first time. I ffeld like I rock the world! smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-10-03 16:36:08

hey seb, just wondering could you help me out with mr. psycho? haha see what I did there?
psycho mantis is psycho

2012-10-03 18:02:18

You have to use the second controler, that way he wont be able to read your mind. Then its only a matter of killing him. let me know if you have any problems killing him, it took me a while too

2012-10-04 01:16:19

how can I switch like that on an emulator though?

2012-10-04 01:16:57

configure pad 2 to the buttons you want.

2012-10-04 01:32:42 (edited by Shadowcat 2012-10-04 07:15:55)

hmm problem with PSX is though is it doesn't say what pad2's controls are and it doesn't tell you what key is where, it just has a slash
unless I know the key numbers I can't do anything
edit: nvm got it working by manually editing the files
seb, could you give me some tips? lol I've been trying for the last 10 mins, the only way I can actually hit him is with famas while he's powering up for the energy balls, and even then with a little luck

2012-10-04 23:57:56 (edited by seb 2012-10-05 00:02:44)

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw your message. Sure. Stand in the north east corner, then equip either of the 2 guns, famas is better. Shoot while moving to the west and south, you will hit him. Sometimes, switch to the south east corner and shoot while moving from west to north. I will also update the link for my walkthrough, see first post. Better sound, no loading screens, etc. Overall a better walkthrough than the last one lol

2012-10-05 00:47:40 (edited by Shadowcat 2012-10-05 00:54:30)

is there a spacific time to do that?
and by south and west you mean hold both directions down? not sure if my comp'll let me press 3 keys at once, but I'll give it a go
edit: just found myself wasting all my famas ammo to get maybe 5 or 6 hits, lol I don't think I'm doing this right
thanks!
double thumbs up! big_smile

2012-10-05 01:03:50

I did the same strategy in my walkthrough, that will give you an idea. Go to the first post.

2012-10-05 01:14:12

huh, okay thanks!
and what does the sound plug in have to do with quicksaving? lol

2012-10-05 01:16:47

lol with epsxe, trust me, its really weird. with the plugin that was producing the weird sounds, i could use the quick save. But with the one that I use now, the sound is way better although quicksaving doesnt work. You can save, but when you load it loads with no sounds. That's a problem with metal gear lol with emulators.

2012-10-05 01:28:18

yup, PSX all the way lol
music is a bit off, but it works wonders
just wondering what sound plug in are you using now?
also I managed to kill him once, but blowing all my famas and Im sure almost all my socom ammo, so I'll see if I can do it again but with a little less wasted ammo
just some info I found useful, try the diag aiming at the door, it works sometimes

2012-10-05 01:30:39 (edited by seb 2012-10-05 01:32:32)

Sounds good. I'm using eternal SPU 1.41. Yeah Mantis takes a lot of ammo to kill lol, although you'll get your ammo back on b1, in the offices.

2012-10-05 03:53:43 (edited by Shadowcat 2012-10-05 05:18:36)

ah, the battle with sniper wolf now....
lovely!....
any way to tell where I'm supposed to be aiming? lol
bonus fact I found in a faq, if you equip a cardboard box in the caves with meryl, unequip, punch her and reequip before she btch slaps you/calls wolves on you, she'll get a wolf to go pee on your box and they won't attack you if you have it equipped
also, in the armory how come no matter how much I try I can't get through the lasers without getting caught even if I crawl?

2012-10-05 08:40:41

Hi.
A generel question: How do you search a room without getting seen? and how do you hide when getting chaced? My issue with this game is that I find it nearly impossible to explore the rooms on my own without knowing where to go, because I'm getting chaced all the time. So I wander how you do that? I could of course just folow a walkthrough, but I also wanna explore the game on my own if that's possible. It feels like I'm doing something totally wrong. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2012-10-05 15:27:04

To sLJ:
It all depends what room you're talking about. It also depends on the guards patrolling the area. If you tell me what room you're in, I'll be able to help

2012-10-06 01:18:31

hey seb, just wondering have you got a good strategy for sniper wolf? I have no idea what I'm doing, lol
also how menny shots do I have for PSG1 by default? I've got 15 shots atm

2012-10-06 16:10:51

I'm talking about the outside area at the beginning of the game with the camera. Now I know where to go from your walkthrough, but how should I figure that out on my own? I've tried to mess around with this place to see if I've missed any items or something, but I always got chaced, killed and I have to start over again.
My latest save point is at the elevator just right after the mise tonnle. If I didn't know where to go to find the elevator from your descriptions, how should I figure that out then? I have to start from scratch because I didn't grabbed the pistol from the outside area. I wander what would happpen if you come to a boss without any weapons. Lol.
Sorry for my confusion, but I still find this game pretty difficult. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2012-10-06 18:24:31

if you don't grab the socom you can still grab it at the first action stage

2012-10-06 18:30:25

To SLJ: the elevators are pretty much at the north end of a building, when there's an elevator that is. Also, it's a matter of time, thats about it. You'll get used to exploringand things like that, dont worry

2012-10-24 04:04:31

so news, was scanning around for anything that'd help with the sniper fight and in the end emailed mr. brunete about it and he sent me a little recording, apparently the PSG1 has a targeting sound too but I've never gotten it
its more of a ping sound rather than the missile beeps

2012-11-27 11:14:42

Hi.
So I have de sighted to give this game a serious try again. I have started from the beginning because I never got that far.
I have lots of trouble in the big outside area with snow, where I have to pass the camera and the sleeping guard. I am doing exactly what the walkthrough says in the first post, but it doesn't work.
It says the following:
Go all the way west. Then, go south to grab another ration.
That works.
Then it says:
Return to where you came from and go all the way east. Go north 15 steps and then west till you hit the wall.
When I go north there, I got cut all the time. I have messed with this part for more than 2 hours now, and I'm about to give up for now. This is so frustrating to be cut all the time, die and do the same part over and over again. I passed the camera twice and got to the sleeping guard, but then I steped into the camera which took a picture, and then I died again. Spent more than a half hour to get to that part again, and the same happened again and again.
I have tried to find the pistol from the descriptions of the walkthrough, but the directions seems to be wrong. I hate to say that, but I'm about to give up. I find myself keep trying and trying, and when I try to explore the area on my own, I got lost or got catched dby guards who just stand still so I don't hear them.
So, tips and suggestions are welcome because I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong. I past that place once, but that was by great luck where I got catched by the sleeping guard. I ran forward and escaped.

Best regards SLJ.

2012-11-27 16:28:44

see, that's why I use an emulator, you can experiment without having to worry about being caught and hhaving to start all over again

2012-11-27 21:14:12

I should consider trying an emulator. What are you using, and is the configuration process like setting up the controls etc. accessible?

Best regards SLJ.