2006-09-25 15:42:30

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy Dyna man. I did try the Demo, but due to some mysterious technical reason, it conked out after i'd only played one game. I have heard the review on main menue, so obviously I know a bit about how the game works.

My main concern about the game, is that the gameplay could become a bit too monotinous after a while, sinse there are no new obstacles or elements to be added to the game in later levels, and thus no sense of progression, just everything getting faster and faster (this is why I decided against buying packman talks, though it's possible I could be mistaken about this). I don't mind this in a free game, (I do enjoy a quick birst of light cars occasionally), but if I'm actually paying cash for a game, I like some variety, different enemies, different levels, different game modes etc.

I know that Dyna man features a lot of variation in it's maps, but does this actually change the game play all that significantly?

Any thoughts on this subject (or on the subject of Packman talks), would be welcome.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-25 16:01:53

You're forgetting one thing Dark. DynaMan has the optional grid creator. Granted you probably can't add new enemies but you can create your own maps and make the enemies as hard or easy as you want them. I personally like DynaMan a lot and i'll probably buy it one of these days. I personally find a great deal of enjoyment in those types of games. It's nice and simple yet it's addicting. That's why I love my old Atari 2600 to death. I even bought Pac-Man Talks, though I would have used a different synthesizer for the oices myself. Heck, I'd have used human voices for Pac-Man and the ghosts. But there you are. It's your decision ultimately, but I'm just saying what i think. Dynaman's an excellent game. As to why it conked out on you after one game I can't say. I never had any problems with that, even on my mom's dinosaur of a computer. About the only problem I had was that many of the sounds didn't play properly.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-09-26 09:18:05

Well, I'm not sure as to why the demo stopped working, but I have heard similar reports about Draconis game demos.

I did remember about the map creator, but I just wasn't certain as to how much variety in gameplay monkeying around with the layout would do you.

It is true, that there is a place for symple mindless games. I've recently spent several happy hours with some of the Nes Classics games on the Gba, (not to mention bubble bobble), and audio books like Harry Potter 6 and Lord of the rings.

Sinse the game doesn't cost all that much I'm vaguely tempted to buy it anyway.. Though any other comments about Dyna man would be welcome.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)