2006-09-25 03:15:35 (edited by Mike 2006-09-25 03:26:16)

Hi,
I have an IRC server, with a great channel on it to talk about computers and audiogames. The server is ClingOn.TheFudge.net If you have mIRC, tIRC or mIRC with speech on your computer you can use the above link which will automatically connect you and join #Computers, our computer chat channel. If you don't have an irc client you can get an easy to use on called BOFHNet IRC from www.thefudge.net/downloads/bofhnetirc.exe. If you are a sighted user you can use the online chat client at http://chat.thefudge.net. The channel to join is #Computers. Thanks and hope to see you on clingon.thefudge.net

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-09-25 21:31:43

Hi,
What client are you using? Just curious. And to create your own channel just type /join #ChannelName. There needs to be a  (number) sign before the channel name, just enter whgatever you want and it'll be created, and be open as longas you or someone stays in it. My nickname is Michael on there so I can help you.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-09-29 23:15:35

Hi,
Oh i could tell you that. Sorry I was away when you came on today, so just come back tomorrow or something but I won't be on much tomorrow actually, Sunday I'll be on more. Well talk to ya then.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-09-30 17:26:45

Try reading people's posts. He said he wouldn't be on much, and would be on more on sunday. Good grief.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-10-01 14:11:06

slight offtopic thing here. eliot's like that with me and skype chats... i forgot what we were talking about, but he sort of done the same thing.
and i had to tell him again what i previously said. that's so annoying...

2006-10-01 14:21:35

yep, he did that too

2006-10-03 18:38:26

it's not a ang up and never will be. we wouldn't do that.

2006-10-04 14:54:31 (edited by cx2 2006-10-04 14:55:24)

No, we aren't ganging up. You just have to understand it is a little frustrating trying to communicate with someone that forgets what you, or someone else, said. This is especially true on internet forums where communication is over long periods of time.

I don't know you personally so I don't know whether this is part of some medical condition, which is always a possibility especially on boards for blindness related subjects.

I just ask you to understand this:
Whilst we are perfectly willing to accept any issues you may have due to any medical conditions, age and personality you have to understand it isn't easy for us, and it would be helpful if you could meet us half way. Checking back to read some of the prior posts to see if it answers your question would go a long way. I often do this myself anyway, I don't have trouble with my memory more than anyone else but I'm a little paranoid about missing something and making myself look silly.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-10-04 19:51:42

Well maybe you two are in different time zones, or are up at different times.

And I wasn't being funny mentioning medical conditions, I just wanted to make sure that it was clear I have nothing against people who do have them. Like I said anywhere connected to disability, and this includes blindness as a sensory disability, you are bound to find people with various conditions. I personally consider myself as getting off quite lightly compared to a lot of people out there with blindness related conditions since I only have my blindness, sleep issues related to it, and a minor stomach issue which is utterly unrelated and caused by substantial stress in my past mostly prior to my sight loss.

cx2
-----

2006-10-08 15:12:18

I never said anything else, I was just explaining I had to leave the possibility open in case you did have another condition. Some do, some don't and I would have been  jumping to conclusions to not consider you might have had another condition.

To put it simply:
I did not say you had another condition. I was making sure I didn't offend you if it was the case that you did.

cx2
-----

2006-10-09 02:38:09 (edited by Mike 2006-10-09 02:42:23)

Hi,
Elliot, try staying in the channel for more than 5 seconds?  I cant be on irc all day you know. You cant just give up like that and just cause no ones around at the time u come...so  no offense but you can't just stay in the channel for 2 seconds and then whine about no one being there.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org