2006-09-25 20:28:00

Hi,
Holden:
Yes, that clears everything up.
Dark:
Where abouts from the UK are you from?

2006-09-26 07:18:11

i agree; draconis really should get a better system. i know their games are great and all but they are lagging far behind the other game companies when it comes to cracking and registration keys. if I'm not mistaken, adora closed because of the cracking.

2006-09-26 08:57:44

CLOSED BECAUSE OF CRACKING? THAT'S BAD, ESPECIALLY INSE SINSE IT WAS ADDORA WHO WERE WORKING ON AEMON, IT SEEMS ANY ATTEMPT TO CREATE AN AUDIO rPG GETS CURSED.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION elliott, most of the time (while I'm at University), I'm in the city of Durham.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-26 19:56:57 (edited by cx2 2006-09-26 19:57:40)

Adora closed because Josh didn't own the rights to the company, and the person who did decided they wanted out. Though the reasons for this aren't clear, and frankly aren't any of our business.

And he has stated that he intends to continue work on Aemon under Draconis, now Draconis have the rights to all the old Adora stuff.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-09-27 08:00:06

i didn't say it was true; i thought i heard it somewhere.

2006-09-27 09:06:10

Hmmmm, obviously who owns the rights to what is their own concern, but I always assumed that Eamon had been dropped along with final defender. The pages for both games (and the audio trailor for final Defender), were only desplayed on the Addora site, and there's nothing about them on Draconis.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-27 12:54:11

It was mentioned in an interview with Josh de Lioncourt, sorry if I mispelled it, in the Audyssey magazine. He was the guy originally behind Adora, and now the guy behind Draconis.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-09-27 19:13:17

Hi,
I wonder when emon will come out.

2006-09-27 20:26:27 (edited by dark empathy 2006-09-28 09:14:17)

Don't we all Eliott, but it seems to have been supposedly in developement for quite a long while, hence my concern about it being dropped.

Btw, Cx2 (or anyone else who may know), I wouldn't mind getting Audeasy magazine. I would guess that like the Spag interactive fiction web magazine, there's a mailing list for it, if so, what address do I send my subscription E-mail to?

I checked the audeasy section on this site and the links section, but there didn't seem to be any way of actually subscribing to the mag, do you just read it here?

I suspect I'm missing something fairly obvious here, but as a philosopher, I suffer from an obvial imparement (grin).

2006-09-28 05:03:35

I could bwe wrong, but I believe there's a section in each magazine telling you. There is a discussion list and one that's purely for delivery of issues, I left the discussion list because of the usual nonsense though. "Don't leave the previous messages at the bottom of your reply, it takes up bandwidth" followed by "You should have left the previous message at the bottom so I could see what you were responding to". This seems to be a regular thing on most discussion lists sadly.

cx2
-----

2006-09-28 09:17:53

thanks Cx2, I'll check it out.

Btw, talking of redundencies on discussion lists, you reminded me of this litle piece of nonsense that circulated around me and my friends a while ago:

Rules for Writers
-----------------
1. Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
4. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
5. Avoid clich