2012-08-13 08:21:17

Hi.

The subject of this message says it all. I'm trying to experiment with syncing apps to my phone.
I've deleted a few apps off my phone, but i still have the ipa files on my computer. When I put one of these ipa apps that i have deleted into the i-tunes library and try to sync with the phone, nothing happens. Why is this?
I thought it would just sync.
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-08-13 16:16:42

You have to select your phone then go to the apps section. Make sure that the ones you want are checked before syncing. Note: if you buy a new app, it should automatically sync it. for existing apps you'll have to check their checkboxes.

2012-08-13 16:52:19 (edited by Chris 2012-08-13 16:56:35)

Hi.

When i go into my phone in the tree view, I only see music, movies, tv shows, and other junk like recently played, top rated, etc. I do not see an apps section.
Edit: Ok, I'm stupid. It's not in the tree view, it's in the tab thing once the phone is selected. Sorry about that.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-08-14 00:32:53

Hello,
Don't use the tree view. Go to your phone, make sure the tree view is colosed, but that you have actually selected your phone. Then keep tabbing. You will find a bunch of radio buttons. Press space on apps, and they'll all be there. You can choose which ones to sync by checking them and unchecking the ones you don't want, and then going to file and sync. make sure the sync apps checkbox is checked.

2012-08-15 23:26:16

speaking of i-tunes, does anyone know where I can get some good jaws scripts? I'm using blind tunes at the moment, but it can't read anything in the store for some reason, my virtual cursor is on but it doesn't read anything, I can't even sign on properly because I just got my apple ID and it tells me to review my info but I can't do that
any help would be great!
thanks

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-08-16 01:07:22

Well, I wonder what were to happen, if I sent an application to someone who had an iOS device, and the application was not free, would it work? Would iTunes recognize as an application that was not purchased?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2012-08-16 02:06:34

nah my bro gave me his old Ipod yesterday, and that doesn't, it'll see that those were someone else's purchases

2012-08-16 14:58:32

Hi,
This will only work if you have the same library and don't have seperate user accounts on the pc. Each account has it's own itunes library (i am not talking about apple ID, I am talking about the actual p) and if you use the same account, you can sync apps between devices as it believes they're yours.
It's hard to explain much clearer than that.

2012-08-16 16:27:27

huh, didn't know you could do that
aaron, can you give me any hints on my problem? poste 5
thanks!