2006-09-07 21:20:36

hi.
i have just bought Superliam and so far i've loved it, i ran through sandy surf, and breezed through suburban streets, i even got through wild woods despite the snakes and now enevitably i've hit a snag.
i got through the lavalake act1 and half way through act 2. all day now i've been trying to get through this level and right in the middle after fighting my way through 50 odd lava pits i'm just about ready to chuck in the towl and praying that i hear the teleporter soon, and this thing comes up behind me and despite a volley of lazer fire doesn't die.
what i want to know is this, what is it, and how do i kill it because i'm just about ready to punch in the screen at this point.
grrrrrr!!
thx
archer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-09-07 23:20:02

Hmmm, Act two you say? That is Imho not an easy level. I believe there is a final dog on the level that comes from behind and tries to kill you, i suggest just pegging it forward to the teleporter, sinse when your at a run most things in the game can't catch you and the teleporter is just beyond that part I believe. Be prepared for a challenge in act three though ---- a cool challenge but a challenge all the same.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-08 09:58:12

i thought it was a dog, actually it sounds like a whole pack of dogs attacking me.
i'll try to outrun them this time, thanks dark.
i do know what the challenge is, i've got to outrun a volcano's lava.
i have previously downloaded sl and listened to the sounds before registering to forewarn me a little.
thx.

2006-09-08 14:56:11

Your Welcome any time. I love the Sl cutscenes, Imho one of the best things about the game, and also one of the reasons I so want Liam to get on and make SL 2, ---- though we'll have to wait for him to finish judgement day first. It's a litle weerd, back in june it sounded as if the game would be released in at most a month, now Liam and the judgement day plans seem to have completely vanished for some reason.

OOOOOpse! sorry about the offtopicity there Archer, anyway, enjoy the rest of Superliam.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-08 18:50:49

hi dark,
actually i would love it if sl2 come out now, i like sl1 so much and i'm dying to know what that crystal is at the end of sl1.
judgement day sounds cool too, i just hope that l-works haven't come to a jarring hault.
and i got past the wall of lava alright, it took a couple of times but i did it.
i managed silver spaceship alright despite those nasty lazers and the ambushes. i've now decided after that level, i don't like dogs.
and after that i dove into waterworks and got through act1, and was struggling on act 2 when by complete accident i deleted the saved game by hitting enter on start game.
i've now got to start all over again.

best reg
archer

2006-09-08 19:39:33

That's not good archer. you might try the cheat code to get back to waterworks 2, but i'm not sure the game would accept it if you haven't already finished the game to unlock the cheats. If you fancy trying it press delete to open the eddit box for cheat codes and type water2 with no spaces to get back to waterworks II.

The only thing with that is I doubt you'd unlock the cheats txt file if you finished the game after doing this.

Btw, Not that it particularly matters, I'm a bit surprised you listened to the cutscenes and the ending before you got there in the game, myself I never like to here plot details before I've actually got that far.

then again, as your a mod bod, i suppose you listen to game sound files as a matter of course.

2006-09-08 23:45:56

well, there's that dark, but i also listened to them never thinking that i'd buy the game.
not wanting to miss out on it if i didn't buy it i just listened to them, but there's still a lot i didn't expect.
you can listen ahead, but there's no predicting how a level will unfold.
i'll try that cheat thx, and i've already looked in the cheats section of audiogames so i'll be sure to try that.
best reg
archer

2006-09-09 07:06:11 (edited by arjan 2006-09-09 07:07:36)

yep, there's three of them dogs. i hate the lava lake too. not because it is a stupid level, but because you have to concentrate really or you might get fried by a fireball while jumping a firepit. you'll want to listen carefully before jumping a firepit in case there are any fireballs coming. i have had loads of trouble with this myself. also, sometimes in the level, be prepared for more fireballs. you might only duck one to get fried by another or two that you just didn't hear yet. also, when i'm going through the level of Volcano escape, after jumping two pits, the Volcano doesn't seem to move towarts me any more. should try going backwards and see what happens.
i like the spaceship most, i love destroying miniguards and taking on 10 enemies at once in those intruder alarms.

2006-09-09 14:40:02

Just so y'all know, the game won't accept cheats unless you yourself unlock the cheats file, even if you know the right codes. I tried once. As for SL2, I didn't get the impression that it was shelved permanently, but it did sound as though it might be a while. As for Judgment Day, well, you know that things come up from time to time that push games back, sometimes quite a lot. My surmise would be that Liam's busy with college. He and I started on the same day, though of course we're at different schools. I know because we've chatted a bit on Windows Mesenger. He offered to help me with Mower Man, but of course that's going to wait until after Judgment Day's released, and if that takes a while then so be it. College is more important.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-09-09 15:01:56

no i know why, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you guys.

2006-09-09 18:22:03 (edited by dark empathy 2006-09-10 05:39:59)

Hmmm, perhaps not on a public forum if it's something liam wishes to keep quiet, though a litle news from him might be nice even if it was just along the lines of sorry everyone judgement day will be taking a bit longer than I thought, just so that we all know it hasn't gone th same way as Castle quest (that one stil gets on my whick).

Fare enough Archer reguarding the plot details, I can see the point if you wanted to check out the game fully before you bought it.

2006-09-09 21:36:05

hi,
a note for pieple that are still on lava 2
don't try to kill that thing that you here coming at you when you are at the end of the level cuz you can't
and I have tryed it with the bangbang cheat and couldn't kill it
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-09-12 19:28:56

Archer,
There are two things to say to you here:
The thing that unlocks the cheats is a registry entry. There are some things you can do with that knowledge, but I have to reinstall the game before I can tell what you have to change. What I know yet is that you have to search in hkcu in the registry.
The second thing is, that this "dog" in Lava Lake Act 2 cant be killed even with cheats enabled. You can only run away from it.
Bye,
Lord_Raven

2006-09-12 19:40:23

you can actually change the level and act you're on too, the number of health and lives as well.

2006-10-24 15:06:30

a couple things.  I'm curious as to what the reason is according to argen.  We don't talk, so I'm curious what he knows that I don't.
Also, yes.  the stuff in sl in registry specific.  I figgured people would figgure it out eventually.  Piece of advice, don't mess with it though, you might get bad results.
that thing at the end of lava lake act 2 is a pack of 3 huge dogs.  just outrun them.  They don't run that fast.
I apreciate that everyone enjoys listening to sounds.  Unfortunately starting in judgment day, everything is going to be locked up.  I'm actually doing that for your benifit.  there's a lot of hidden surprises, and if you go through the game and listen to everything, where's the surprise?

and finally.  Yes, I'm still alive.  School has been nothing short of a mess, which anyone who knows me can attest to.  there have also been some delays with the game do to some personal reasons as well as some differences of opinion amongst the people I work with.  the game is finally moving forward.  I can't give you guys a release date.  Trust me.  I want to get this game done really bad.  It's a ton of fun, and I can't wait til I can get it released so everyone can play it.  BTW, the game right now sounds so so so much better than that old demo.

Liam

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-10-24 18:46:30

hi.
hi liam, great to hear from you again, i've now completed sl1 and p.s, i know i posted this before but i have killed those 3 dogs.
it was when i had 1000 hp and the machine gun, they fought back but i killed them with 350 hp to spare.
i can't wait until judgement day is released, i'm really looking forward to playing on it
best reg

2006-10-25 00:29:07

Ditto ---- well ditto reguarding judgement day as opposed to the canine massacre (though I have also completed Sl).

It's the unlockables that i'm most looking forward to in this game. I'm sure Lworks will manage to do something creative in the rather overcrowded markit of audio space invaders clones in the gameplay department, (I already rather like the sound of a self-reparing and ever manufacturing base). But even if Judgement day basically played like Alien Outback, the unlockables, trophies and different endings would probably stil compel me to buy it.

2006-10-25 02:43:32

I don't think you'll be disappointed.  well.  you might, but.  I'm doing the best I can.  heheh.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-10-25 07:13:24

Well Liam, it's quite hard to disappoint me. I don't say a glass is half empty, or even half full, I say it's my damn glass and I'm going to bloody well enjoy it, whatever anyone else might say!

this is probably why I've ended up buying about %80 of all the audio games on the markit, something has to be quite bad indeed before I start heavily disliking it (though this doesn't stop me from having an opinion on it).

2006-10-25 15:01:33

i am going to get judgment day for deffenate. i don't care even if it takes another year to come out, i am going to wait... and wait... and wait until i am ready and then, boom, the money will comeout, and then  the supreme evil will be destroyed. by me. muahahahhahaha.

2006-10-28 15:11:27

i can't agree more aaron! the supreme evil will go down! i will buy it too i'm nearly sure.

2006-10-29 14:19:17

i thought someone managed to kill those dogs.