2006-09-03 01:34:16

Hello forumees!

If you own the latest member of the braille note, the (mpower), you can use the terminal keyboard to play audiogames.
Simply download the keyboard emulator from humanware's website. Place the braille driver into the 7.10\drivers\braille displays folder. Then, install the display using the synthesizer and braille manager.

You can go into the "braille terminal" in the bn. Connect you're computer with serial or use the bluetooth connection. pess I to switch to the keyboard emulation mode ; you should here 2 short beeping sounds.

For conrol press backspace with c, and then another key (like space with a). For shift, use  the vackspace with u twice. arrows are like this:
up arrow,  press space with dot 1, for down, space with dot 4, for right, space with dot 6, and for left, space with dot 3. It's almost like a joystick, but better since you could be wearing a wireless headset (which is what I have) and go into you're bed and play an aio game with the bn! It's almost like having the game installed on the bn itself!

Regards:

tomi

2006-09-03 02:13:14

Hi
You can also do it I think using other models like the PK. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Thanks.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-09-03 07:08:11

This should be possible with the Pac Mate QX and BX with the remote desktop function too. Should work with unregistered versions of Jaws too since Jaws will use your Pac Mate as authorisation if you have it connected and Pac Mate remote desktop active.

Not trying to knock the Braille note, it wasn't for me but I wouldn't insult anyone for owning one. I am completely aware that different people prefer different products. I just wanted to point it out for anyone who owns a Pac Mate on here that we can do this too.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-09-04 01:52:21

Hi,
From what I know the pacmate is a lot better than the braille note. I have a bn with keysoft 5.1, and all it has is problems...School starts in 4 days, and I'm not looking forward to plugging in the bn to see what it'll be sent back for this year...That's the bn classic. I don't know anything about the MPower, i heard it's really good, but between the MPower and the PacMate, PacMate seems a bit better. PacMate and bn classic has no comparison. Bn Classic is just crap.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-09-04 03:15:37

Hey
The new models of the Braille NOte are much better but if you want some of the new features  on your clasic, you should upgrade to 7.0 because although you won't get all of the features because of some of the code that is different in the newer Braille Notes than the clasic ones, you will find that it won't have as many problems. Sory to go off topic.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-09-04 17:04:07

7.0? I didn't know there was a 7.0. Well that's cool.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-09-05 00:28:21

hi,

Well it's kind of cool that you can do this. I mean, you could be in another room with a wireless headphone and still play a game. The wireless headphones can range from about dollar 20 for an infrared one to a dollar 200 for a really good one. Mine was dollar 80. But for 60 dollars you can get one that goes upto 125 ft or so, which is really good.

As for the pacmate, does that have bluetooth built in? I have felt a pm before, but never found out it's hardware...

Regards:

tomi

2006-09-05 01:33:06

Pac Mate does not have blue tooth built in, but you can get a CF card or use the remote function with a wireless lan card. It will also route the Jaws speech through the pac mate should you wish I believe.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.