2012-07-14 17:42:22

Hi,

Glad you like it. I just threw it together in about 5 minutes because I needed another. big_smile

Andre's server info is in the first post, go check it. But I think it's down. Not quite sure.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 17:52:07

hi,
gorthalon! your afrikin mazing! I have been waiting on this for suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a long time! everyone who plays should add me on skype and we could have a, i dunno, random confrence about the hole thing? see end of post!
yeah but anyway, bug bug bug bug bug! sorry, but...
i have tryed both the servers and they both don't work. Any reasons?
thanks,
kyle, kc-ds-sl,g! new member! welcome, powergamer!
check me on skype! kkylec13k or twitter @kylecunningham5 or even on klango! kylecunningham

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2012-07-14 18:07:44

Well, sometimes I try connecting to ghorthalon's server and it doesn't work. Then, I try again about 2 more times, and it does work, so just keep trying to connect until you are certain that it is down, because it might just be that there are too many players online.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-07-14 18:13:47

Hi,

Yes. Due to a typo the game doesn't get the server's Overloaded message. Just keep trying every few minutes, you'll make it in one time.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 18:48:35

Awwe, but with 15 people online, the "what the heck is going on?" will cause me to die for sure! tongue

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-14 18:51:26

Hi,

The actual limit for people is 15... I'm tempted to start up another instance just to balance things a bit. It's really, really getting crowded.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 19:10:37

mambey just make the limmit more? well, do it like aprone? wait until the situation can't be handled, then level up the max players limit?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2012-07-14 19:45:44

ghorth, do you know? mp5 has only 30 bullets in a clip, but not 100. i think, this is unreal. will you change weapons in the next versions? i think, other players want to see the real existing guns, like i want. and that will be cool, if you add some melee weapons. i mean knifes, axes, etc. but i already love your game, dude, and i realy want to be at my home with good internet connection, and when i'll be there, i'll kill them all. i promise.

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2012-07-14 19:45:56

Hi,

That's what I already did. I've increased it from 8 to 15. You can expect a kick out from me tonight when I raise it even more. LOL

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 19:51:58 (edited by hadi.gsf 2012-07-14 19:57:32)

ghorth, there is a problem with the reloading procedure.
when you reload (i basicly reload after a kill, to insure that i have full potencial fire for the next encounter),  it basicly junks your clip and the remaining bullets in it, and   loads another clip, instead of doing the combining operation.
if you didn't get it, let me know so i will explain more.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-07-14 20:03:16

sorry, forgot to mention, my os is windows 7. Not sure if this influences the fact that my up and down arrows don't work in the main menu, lol, but it might be important for you to know i guess. With all this talk about the game, i'm even more keen to give it a go.

2012-07-14 20:19:19 (edited by darth scorp 2012-07-14 20:22:44)

oh damn! i'm sorry for the post about 100 bullets in mp5, but... 60 bullets in ak47. i checked.
hadi, that's right and realistic. you load your next clip into your gun. combining is not so fast operation. you need to take bullets from one clip and then put it to another. it takes some time. swamp isn't realistic in this point, but trtr is.

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2012-07-14 20:21:49

Hi,

Yes. Combining your bullets takes quite a bit of time, definitely more so than reloading a new clip. Therefore, you just throw your bullets out and reload the new clip. But TRTR has many, many more items to pick up than Swamp, so that shouldn't even be a problem.

@ivandrago: Hmmm... Are you sure the window is visible? Umm... Can you try pressing the number keys, and tell me if that does something?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 20:24:22

hi,
this online mode is getting crowded and my computer gets slowed down. It's being terrable! Is it from the server or is it from my computer? Thanks. Please fix that ergently.

2012-07-14 20:28:54

Yeah. Ghorthalon, I really recommend increasing the maximum number of players allowed on multiplayer at a time, because now I can't even connect at all. And, trust me, I've been trying.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-07-14 20:40:39

The clip idea for the guns is very true.  Some games deal with individual bullets (like Swamp) and others deal in clips (like RTR).  I personally like the clip idea more than the individual bullets, but very early on I decided to make things easier on the Swamp players.  Believe me, there are time I wish I'd gone with clips.  If Ghorthalon decides to keep his game using clips then I think it is a very good choice.  It makes people have to stop and decide if its worth throwing out the remaining bullets in their clip in order to have a full magazine for the next confrontation.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-07-14 21:01:58

@aprone
but it will sound like, - you should sacrifice ammo to do your strategy...
aye~

i would not keep up with the clip thing on swamp, because, yo, you don't like to run dry when zombies are approaching you all over... do you?

i myself have seen alot of deaths in swamp caused by, running out of ammo while engaged in  closed combat  with zombies.
simply because they don't reload after kills.
believe me it's a popilur strategy lol.

btw for now, range doesn't matter in trtr right?

2012-07-14 21:05:48

Hi,

Range does. Uncle Susi is the most far firing weapon. big_smile
But most weapons ranges are the same for now... I'll make them better and more balanced in a bit.

Sorry about those random dropouts on the servers. I fixed one bug, but therewith created another but realised too late. It's all good now though, and I hope I fixed this health below 0 bug.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 21:16:08

wow you fixxed that?
thanksss we love you~

ima gonna sperg

2012-07-14 21:18:25

Haha. Love ya'all too. big_smile

At least I hope I fixed it... Not quite sure. I never tested it.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-14 21:25:13

My name on the game is hellfire if anyone wants to know

Audio game king

2012-07-14 21:29:38

Hi.
Ghortholon: Congratulation on releasing this beta. This is so, so awesome.
I've played the online game for 10 minutes, had to leave my computer to do some other stuff, and now I'm going to play it again. smile
Things are happening so fast that I sometimes don't notice when I got owned. Yeah, I just have to practise, I think. I'll come back and give you some more feedback when I've played the game some more.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-07-14 22:21:47

wow, they select the numbers select the menu options, nice. I've actually had this problem with the menu selecting arrow keys not working in accouple of games recently, topspeed 3 and battlezone in particular, though they work on sowdown and swamp. It must be something to do with my computer i guess, have u got any idea what the problem might be?

2012-07-14 22:22:26

Hi dragon. just want to report something. when i ame an shoot on people on the map, i do sometimes dont hit them. i mean, when i have the beeping sound, and the steps senterd an all that. i have tryed to chek on sinngle player to se if that was me that sucks, but there i hit them. and an other thing. i was shooting at someone with the standar weapon, i mean that on number 1, an then i hit. but then i used my alaska 47, without turning, an i did not hit.
sorry fore the long post. i cant describe things easy in inglish, hope you understand big_smile

2012-07-14 22:44:45

okay seriously, what is this uncle susi thing? lol
and sorry if this has already been mentioned, but a few bugs and suggestions
I've been practising offline for a while, and found these bugs
1: bots don't have the ping that players do for aiming
its not too bad for me, but just thought I'd say
2: bots seem to never have to reload, eg the soss90 or the shotgun, they can just keep firing
lastly, would it be possible to make it so you can play other game types in single player too?
thanks, and sorry again if these were already mentioned

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.