2012-07-05 21:52:15

hello!
as the topic name suggests, we have released ship simulator!
please read the readme for instruction on what ya need to play and keys.
so, here it is! exxitedly coppys and pastes link!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89805893/setup.exe
it should be uploaded by now so download and enjoy!
thanks,
kyle, kc-ds-g
check me on skype! kkylec13k or twitter @kylecunningham5

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2012-07-06 01:17:49

I get the complaint that Windows can't open the file ship simulator script.dfs when I try to run the program. Have you forgotten to list or include a requirement of some kind?

2012-07-06 01:53:17

Hi,

For this, you need the dragonflame game engine, found at dfe.tdrealms.com

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-07-06 10:23:39

hi,
i want to know a little more about the game before downloading it, because i doubt is it similar to 0 site or any other correspondent flight sim?
thanks

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-07-06 12:33:54

Hi,

No, this game is very basic. Basically it just plays sounds upon key presses, but hey, one has to start somewhere right?
Plus it could be expanded upon!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-06 13:52:14

Hi! This is very great soundscape or simulation.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2012-07-06 17:21:40

hi,
its going to be expanded upon very much, notice the beta marker. And, read the file called ship simulator, read me first! thats why i called it that lol!
but yes, as the dragon says, its very very basic at this time and will be expanded on next release. If you want to help beta test before releases or develop some of the scripting, i would be very happy to take you on at kc-ds-g!
contact me and we'll se what we can do heh?
thanks,
kyle, kc-ds-g

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2012-07-06 18:07:38

hi,
well as of now its just a press-a-key-and-hear-a-sound-thing, not interesting much,
but you can add moves, or different planets?
or may be things even like delivering cargo or transporting pasangers, with some cutseens and sound effect?
that be real fun, seriously.
but there is a saying in english, having said is a lot easier then having done it.

anyways i wish you good luck in future work though

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-07-06 20:19:15

Hi,
I'd love if this app could work a bit like dimensions, as in, an app that you can run on top of your pc. Imagine this mode, I don't know what it could be called, but, it brings up random events. You turn it on and the ship is constantly humming and flying, and then random events could happen that you can respond to by switchiung to the window.
But there could be the regular mode that's just pick and play, and closes whendone, but this other mode cold be interesting. I odn't know what it could be called though, maybe AR (alternate/augmented reality) mode, alhtough this could be realyl complex to impoement so i appologise for suggesting so early!

2012-07-06 21:17:11

hi,
@aaron
hmmm. I will be honest with you. Not going to happen. Not least because i have sooooooooooo much school work to get done, but, dfe doesn't even come close to letting me do things like that. I mean, holy shit? a.r mode? oh yeah, i'll just develop a hole game engine while i'm at it. Nice suggestion though and, yes, there will! be! planets! jobs, cargo, combat, and, wait for it, wait for it! moltyrooming! yes, we will have molty room ships, and, an, online mode! so, look forward to that at around beta 2.3 or later.
Thanks,
kyle, kc-ds-sl-g, new member! wellcome, powergamer!

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2012-07-07 13:29:21

Hi,
Yep, I thought as much regarding a.r mode, but, am looking forward to the mission content.

2012-07-07 17:32:01

hi,
don't get your hopes up just yet about how good or randomised it will be. I can't promiss anything, and until dfe beta 0.5 or 6 comes out not even sure if it will have the capability.
But, me and the company have been brain storming, and we came up with some pritty cool ideas. All i'll say is, deffence turrets, starship utilitys, consoles.
thanks,
kyle, kc-ds-sl-g

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2012-07-07 18:42:43

damn, would so like to be a tester now

2012-07-07 19:17:05

Hi,

DFE is already capable enough.
It's just how capable the scripters coding the game are. big_smile

If I were to add the network module now, I could write a Swamp clone perfectly fine. So, the limits are not lying entirely in DFE's paws. Don't blame it! big_smile

No offence of course. Haha

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-07-07 20:10:16

@kyle12 I have followed you on twitter.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-07-07 21:41:26

hi,
well well, i could try.
And, if you want to be a private beta or alpha tester, just ask!
i don't bite, wait, is that a human? braiiiiiiiiiiiins! big_smile.
thanks,
kyle, kc-ds-sl-g

Underworld Tech.
Visit us