2006-08-13 21:49:02

Hi Guys,

Today I received this disturbing email from a guy named Tony Bowers:

hi,
i recently went to audio games site to ask for help about a game ,descent into madness, your site audiogames.net,was so unhelpful  your span worries are paranoiic to the extreme ,i spent oover 80 minutes reconstructing my message for help and yet your spam protection would not let it through even with a simple message please help.is this the sign of paranoia or what. but no thanks to your so unhelpful site i got the info anyway,and you ccan bet your site goes to the bottom of the help file.
thanks for nothing guys,and save your lame excuses they really arent worth hearing.
TCAT  BRITAINS NUMBER ONE COLLEGE, IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN.

I have replied Tony asking what the exact trouble is but have not yet received a reply. The reason I post this on the forum is because I would sincerely would like to know if anyone is having trouble contacting us or not. Since we receive many emails from you every day I assume that nothing is wrong. Next to that, we do have some protection on the email-form, but that only relates to bots and not to manual postings. Even so, if anyone has trouble contacting us through the email-form, please use this forum thread to tell us.

Greets,

Richard

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 00:45:01

Weird? I have no idea what he's talking about. If it's the forum, I can type whatever I want and never get any spam protector messages. And I never email you but when I did to submit my mod i had no trouble. I think this is some weirdo, I have no choice, because 1: the audiogames site has links to over 100 game with reviews, and more, and the forum, and emailing, so what could he be talking about?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-08-14 06:55:01

lol, i first thought this was a hacker attack, until i read the first line of the post where you said that it was a forwarded email.

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 09:07:51 (edited by cx2 2006-08-14 09:08:42)

I'd say ignore him. If he was a genuine user interested in getting help I believe he would have been more polite rather than going off like that at the first instance.

And I've a feeling he won't be responding to you anyway. No offence to anyone, but if he was a genuine user and came on the forums saying that sort of thing it wouldn't do the community much good.

And again, surely a genuine user would indicate his user name just in case.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 09:45:35

No problem with the e-mail form, just there are some users who can't use something, and then they put all the blame on the webmaster. Just ignore him, as cx2 said.
Best regards,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 11:16:21

i also agree with cx2

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 14:02:33

My best guess is it's either someone very, very bored... or else someone unbelievably immature. Either way I don't thinkj the email is of any consequence. I'd tend to think it was someone who was bored myself, given the structure and wording of the email.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 14:30:03

Due to an unacceptable amount of spam we had to install a simple spam script that refuses messages containing spamwords. If you use certain words, the message cannot be sent. Unfortunately it is necessary to take this step, otherwise we cannot answer the serious emails...Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

2006-08-14 14:47:43

So don't try to mail us about Britney or acne or erotic furniture please wink

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 16:03:41

Erotic furniture? I didn't know there was such a thing {LOL}. I agree. This guy doesn't seem worthwhile. And given the disturbing number of mistakes in the Email, it's entirely possible that he forgot a space here and added a letter or two there and accidentally created one of those certain words that got his initial Email rejected.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2006-08-14 18:54:45

I agree with CxII, this guy must either be bored or immature or something, and I doubt he'll reply, but i hope he does.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-08-14 21:43:37

Hi,

Today I actually received a very descent email from Tony (see below) so as far as I'm concerned, this topic is closed:

hi richard,
i have just reviewed my eamil to you and how ill mannered it sounded so my appologese for that . i didnt write an  email,i used the one supplied on the site,filled in my name and email address as requested and then wrote the message also as requested ,and no matter what i wrote or what i took out even to the point of just the simple please help  the spam protecter just wouldnt let it through kept saying i had done or written something wrong and churlishly said it wouldnt tel me what so i eventualy gae up in great frustration .but no matter now,i have the info i was trying to find and again my appologese ffor my ill mannered

regards,tony bowers

Thanks, Tony, for your reply. Apology accepted and no hard feelings! And welcome to AudioGames.net. And for the future: if anyone else encounters some problems, please use the forum!

Thumbs up