2012-08-06 10:47:56

hi,
Can you please install a keyhook? Thanks.

2012-08-06 21:23:02

Yes, I've exactly done it this way.

2012-08-06 23:00:14

I tryed again to solve this problem cause I like the game and want to play it again. So, the newest version of BGT is installed and I tryed uninstalling and installing the game again. Unfortunately the problem shows up again.

2012-08-07 12:16:20

Hi,

I think it hasn't anything to do with Bgt because the game is compiled now.

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-08-07 19:26:31

hmm, I will have to install it on my computer and see what happens. Because the version I am using works just fine. Perhaps I am missing some files.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-08-07 22:20:52

Thank you, I'm using vista 64 bit if it's important to solve the issue.

2012-08-08 18:30:06

By the way, are more mods included with the game in the new versions, or is there only the one you included first?

2012-08-08 19:52:12

just the one from peter mahach but muhammad//aabid's mod used to be in there. I will get it back in there as soon as I can.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2012-08-10 19:25:16

Sorry if this has already been brought up,
In the latest version of the game I'm having a problem re-loading a saved game.  If once I've exited the programme I try to reload my saved game, the thing either plays games sounds for a second then returns to the main menu, or just shuts off completely.  I'm using windows XP if that makes any difference.

2012-08-10 22:12:44 (edited by keyIsFull 2012-08-10 22:38:18)

yeah, I'm trying to figure out why it does that ... ugh
Edit, I figured out why. APparently i forgot to call my main game loop that processes keyboard commands and stuff after loading the game! well, the problem s fixed. Run your updaters and download the latest version.

2012-08-10 23:40:30

Key, I have some news wich could help resolving my Problem that the game doesn't start correctly. I tryed running the game and the updater comes up, but jaws was running at the same time. On the screen a message pops up "the options file could not be found" and than it closes. I have seen this message one time before, but it disappeared so fast that i couldn't read it. Maybe this helps.

2012-08-12 06:15:12

I am running Battle Zone 13.4. This is really strange.

If I start the game with JAWS off, I can arrow up and down the main menu but SAPI doesn't speak. Narrator works, as does the voice test under speech recognition/Text to Speech dialog, and I even installed another voice besides Anna to see if that was it. Ok, so I started the game with JAWS loaded. Now, I have speech, but I can only choose start game and the first difficulty setting. With JAWS loaded, arrows do nothing, not in the menus nor in the game. Now, once the game starts, I can use my sword, switch weapons, even catch the falling objects. JAWS tells me everything it should when I hit the keys to switch weapons, check health, score, etc. So, in summary. SAPI does not speak at all but without JAWS loaded, my arrow keys work as they should. With JAWS loaded, now I get feedback, but the game is virtually unplayable because the arrow keys are the most important ones! I am running Windows 7 32-Bit.

Can someone help, please? I would love to play this game. I listened to the review done by Brendin and Laurin, and I really would love to play it!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2012-08-12 06:28:26

hmm, you may want to go into your options, choose configure speaking options, and run the game on sapi. That way you can put jaws to sleep or unload it. You may have to do this every time you start the program, beause even though it claims the settings were saved, I was never able to actually get the settings to load when the game started next time. Still, it's worth a try.

2012-08-12 11:46:34

Hi,
Key, if you want to give me the sourcecode of the game, I may see whether I can do anything about this speech setting related issue. As you may know, I'm not the best though, but maybe I manage to help you somehow.

2012-08-12 19:03:04

Well, interestingly enough, I loaded NVDA and started the game. Um. Everything works! I can move through the menu and everything! So, simple solution. Use NVDA, not JAWS. Besides, SAPI sucks anyway and is too slow for this fast-paced of a game, in my opinion.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2012-08-13 17:25:17 (edited by KG4RDF 2012-08-13 17:57:21)

I know Double-posting is a no-no but I'm unsure whether or not to make a new topic, so I figured I would just bring this one back to the new posts list.

I can't seem to beat the first boss. I'm dropped into the level, and there's nothing...no enemies or anything. I swear, I must have held down my right arrow for five minutes and just kept running. What's the deal here?

Now, for the bugs.

1. When I try to use the end key to turn down the background ambiance as stated in the readme, an error appears, producing the following traceback, then of course the game closes.

Call stack size: 4

File: C:\Users\change has come\Documents\bgtstuff\battle zone\ss.bgt
Line: 646 (52)
Function: void keys()

Line: 600 (2)
Function: void start()

Line: 291 (9)
Function: void menu()

Line: 503 (1)
Function: void main()

It replaces the user folder name in the path with "change has come!" Neat!

2. When I press Alt+S to save my game at the first boss level or anywhere else, the following traceback is produced and the game closes after answering yes to copy to clipboard.

Call stack size: 5

Line: 1652 (1)
Function: void savegame()

Line: 643 (1)
Function: void keys()

Line: 600 (2)
Function: void start()

Line: 291 (9)
Function: void menu()

Line: 503 (1)
Function: void main()

2012-08-13 21:08:33

Hi,
Hm. Unfordonately it sems 3.14 is more buggy than 3.12.

2012-08-28 01:14:36

Trying this new version now. Thanks for the update.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis