2012-05-21 10:50:34 (edited by hrlarsen 2013-10-05 11:47:10)

Hi everyone

Now we finally made a game for your guys to try out. It is called Radwin Island and is a FPS game where we try to use both vertical and horizontal axis. We would like to thank all of you for your input during the process of the game development, it have been very helpful to us.

The game has two modes: one using a regular mouse, the other using an iPhone or iPod with built-in gyroscope for tracking head movement.

The placement of the the iPod/iPhone should be flat on top of your head with the home button forward. We acheived this by strapping it with a couple of rubberbands around a headset holding the iPod/iPhone in position.

To use head tracking and an iPod/iPhone you need to set up a few things, and an instruction is attached in the .rar file in both txt, PDF and docx format.

Story wise we are hoping that you will find out for yourself during the game, but one thing to notice is. If you cannot walk in the game it is because you are part of a cut-scene, during these scenes you are however able to move your head (with mouse or head device) and sometimes interact.

The controls using mouse:

W = move forward, S = move backwards, A = strafe left, D = strafe right, E = interact, hold SHIFT = sprint, LEFT MOUSE BUTTON = shoot (if you have a gun). Mouse controls is by moving the mouse left and right you turn your character and by moving it up and down you "look" respectively up and down.

The controls using iPhone/iPod:

W = move forward, S = move backwards, A = turn left, D = turn right, E = interact, hold SHIFT = sprint, SPACE = shoot (if you have a gun), C = calibrate gyroscope. Moving your head around will move your characters head in the game. notice that you will not move towards the direction you are facing with your "in game head".

it is recommended that you press C once in a while to make sure that your calibration is correct, when doing this you should look forward.

DOWNLOAD:
Windows version:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11182094/Radwin … %20WIN.rar
Mac version:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11182094/Radwin … %20MAC.zip

Now we hope that you will enjoy the game

edit: The game may not get further developed

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

2012-05-21 11:20:40

Oh... This sounds really interesting... big_smile Can you tell anything about the story - what kind of world is the game set in?
I'm so much gonna try this when I'm home again... big_smile Though I don't have an IPhone. But then it's just great I don't really need one to play. Thank you for making both options! smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-05-21 11:29:02

I won't say anything about the story, because we hope it will present itself in the game, then of course you can discuss it here when you have tried it.  And we knew that everyone did not have acces to an iPhone/iPod, that is why we made both options available. big_smile

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

2012-05-21 11:44:04

OK so is this a demo? If so, where can I get the full version?
Spoiler Spoiler Spoilers

Now, I keep crashing, I'm assuming that's part of the story?? Then when I walk around, I have no weapons to shoot, I can not find anything to interact with, except I found a radio that really didn't really tell me anything. I also keep running into this computer, that shocks me, and it says access denied. Lastly, there was this thing that kept attacking me, it sounded like a bird. I obviously couldn't fight it though, no weapons..

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2012-05-21 12:02:59

This is only a Demo yes.. the full game have not been developed.  The crash (if you mean in the first cutscene) is part of the story, and you can skip it by pressing ESC. You have no weapons equiped until you find it.

2012-05-21 12:24:38

staindaddict wrote:

Now, I keep crashing, I'm assuming that's part of the story?? Then when I walk around, I have no weapons to shoot, I can not find anything to interact with, except I found a radio that really didn't really tell me anything. I also keep running into this computer, that shocks me, and it says access denied. Lastly, there was this thing that kept attacking me, it sounded like a bird. I obviously couldn't fight it though, no weapons..

It can be a bit harsh, at first, and you're meant to use intuition. Weaponry is definately implemented, and we'd be real crooks if we hadn't placed a some sort of key to accessing the fencegate you keep getting electrecuted at. If you're at a complete loss, I'm sure one of us (hrlarsen and myself) can be  coaxed into revealing a bit more, but the demo is rather short. smile

2012-05-21 12:29:12

So far we can only revail that this game is about stuff, where you can do stuff, and if you don't do stuff, stuff will happen. I hope that explained a bit.

2012-05-21 13:57:03

Wow, amazing! I'm going to try it tonight.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-05-21 14:16:11

Hi,
This is very, very nice.
The atmosphere is excellent, I love the fact that you can rotate your player during cutscenes, and the story is great, too!
So far I see no difference when you look up and down and I assume the player will be able to find better weapons, because I must say, the shotgun is quite pathetic smile
I also notice that your enemies, I'm deliberately not mentioning who, are moving maybe a bit too fast, thus it is nearly impossible to dodge them.
Even so, I love the game, keep up the great work!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-05-21 15:13:18

Hi all
This project looks like very well and it is a gooed 3d game, because I can hear, where I am, also I like this sound when you get some damages, but I find a bug, it is when I am going propably to the end of this level. I hear any music and I can only pause this game, it should say something for example game over etc. I hope, that this project is still in development and I am waiting for the next news and bpdates.
Also I want to know, who is the developer of this game?
Maybe wome where is any way to contact with gim?
I suppose, that it is made by developer, who was made a concept demo of extand, because it is the same engine.

2012-05-21 17:59:13

Hi,

This explanation totally made me download it even faster. LOL!
I'm about to try it. And stuff better happen, or I'll make stuff happen. big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-05-21 18:52:29

Hi,

After playing, I must say this is well done!
I absolutely love this! Just wish I knew what engine this was built on ... big_smile Because I'd love to give it a look!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-21 19:14:26 (edited by brad 2012-05-21 19:19:40)

Hi.
when ever i run the game.
i getto tabs one is for changing keys and hte other is something about windows.
i click play and it says oops the game crashed.
here is the folder.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2293818/Crash_2 … 180742.zip
sorry it is zipped.
I thought this might help.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2293818/output_log.txt

this game sounds fun but i can't play it yet.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-05-21 20:04:46

Well first of all, the game is developed in Unity 3D just like the game extant. Just to clarify, we aren't the developers of extant though they have our thanks for inspiring us. We are five developers on this game, though only three of us are registered users on the forum (If I am not mistaken)

Dave
hrlarsen
FreakingPingo

The other two aren't registered.
We are happy to see your responses, and pleas let them come both positive and negative feedback.

2012-05-21 20:55:43

Hi,

Unity 3D? I'll check that out.
This game is awesome! I see so, so much potential in this. Please, please keep this alive ... Since we haven't heard from Extant in quite a while.
This game actually inspired me on some things I wanted to add to my own FPS. Don't worry though, I'm not stealing ideas. Haha!
Keep it up!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-21 21:09:02

Well!
The game sounds like "Far cry". It has similar atmosphere to this unforgettable video game and I think it's a very good job. But something is annoying. When I have done all available objectives in the first level, I've entered to a strange location, where everything explode and I hear the music. Is it the end of the demo? I'm asking, because after the music there are no messages or anything to do in the game.

2012-05-21 21:39:49

Hi,

Yepp, that's where it ends. I think.

You know, I'm just so amuzed by the fact that you can have a dino follow you, but that he absolutely refuses to go even one step into water.
He just stops and stares. And as soon as you take one step out, he jumps back to life. big_smile
Hmm ... I should've tried shooting him. Time to try that now!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-21 21:59:29

This game is really amazing. It will be continued and there will be a fully product? hope so, because it's the best looking FPS game for me right now, second after extand wich is not developed anymore I think...

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2012-05-21 22:24:28

You know,

What I like the most is the interactive cut scenes. Like when the guy calls you to look at him, or give him the beer. big_smile
I might addopt that in one of my future titles. I really like the concept.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-21 22:53:25

Hi.
This game is damn cool. You have really done a great job man.
Well, I haven't fully completed the game yet, but I'm working on it. smile I really like that it's not that easy to beat!
I have one question though: Is the feature where you look up and down even used for something in the game?
The Mac version doesn't work on my machine for whatever reason. No errors, no window pops up or anything. Yeah, it's just as simple as that. Nothing happens when I try to run the program. It works in Windows though.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-05-21 23:54:07

Hi,

I've been wondering, too. I thought it had something to do with where you're aiming, but I'm not sure. It didn't make much difference to me.
Once I get home on friday I'm totally going to try this head-tracking thing. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-21 23:57:35

hi.
this game sounds rather cool.
however I'd like you to change the keyboard config a bit.
firstly, either having the arrow keys for left right, foreward, enter makes sence more to me to interact with an object.
then again I am used to mouse in swamp moving me foreward  and back
left and right to turn.
left mouse to shoot, how about using say middle or even right to look around with mouse left up down, etc to make it fully mouseable.
Thanks for this though I have a cast I do  on and off at technology.jaredrimer.net which needs reviews of stuff.
do you guys have a name so I can post something other than released by some random person on the forum?
I unfortunately don't have an iphone, but hmmm will see what it does.

2012-05-22 00:33:48

Wow! This is gonna be cool! Please continue the development, it's a cool kind of game, and it'll be sad if it ends up like Extant... sad
Love what I've tried so far... smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-05-22 03:58:57

hi.
hmmm I was able to listen to a few radio messages as well as avoid the birds.
there is an under water ariea I havn't ventured to go at.
However no message so far has told me the access key for the fence.
Would be probable that in the lab or something that there is some sort of access card.
then maybe if you walked close to the fence you could put the card somewhere or something.
or at least have some lock.
went out in the ocean though never was able to figure out what exactly it was all about.
the game sound is real good the loock around feature rocks.
I managed to get used to the keyboard and as it is goes well with the mouse.
I like the fact you need to turn and focus with the mouse to hit an ariea.

2012-05-22 04:16:51

hi, this game is really perfect!
great job man!
but I am stuck.
what can I do to attack the bird? and also, when I walk to the computer, it says access denied, and it also sounded like an electricity!
what can I do to access this? and lastly, when I am at the ocean, I walk forward, why I allways drown?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!