2008-05-07 15:48:32

Hi John thanks for that, I will defenatley give it a go.  I have only really managed to play word games and my spelling isn't the greatest so I think I'll stick to the adventure puzzl stuff!  smile  Will let you know how i get on.

out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

Thumbs up

2008-05-07 21:54:45

Yeah, the GFB are, in my opinion, not worth there price. As Dark said Jim Kitchen has free ones that are equal, or better.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2008-05-20 18:46:20

criss velcome to the forum.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up

2008-05-20 22:47:30

Welcome Chris.

Also just to warn you, the link in your signature seems broken.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2008-06-22 21:28:52

hi, my name is peter. i'm 12 ears old and i leave in poland. i'm still learning english so i sorry for any errors. I enjoy technology and games.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

Thumbs up

2008-06-23 11:08:38

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum. We have a fair number of non native English speakers so don't worry too much about it, you were quite coherent anyway.

Hope you enjoy it on here.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2008-07-12 07:04:54

Hello, everyone!
I'm from Shanghai, China.
I've been an audio game fan for more than one year, and meanwhile, I'm trying to make my own audio games and share them with my friends.
I want to have fun and learn more here, and make more friends  around the world.

Thumbs up

2008-07-24 10:37:56

Hello Francis,

My name is John and I make computer games too.

One of the games we're working on is set in Shanghai in the 1920's.

Welcome!

John Bannick
7-128 Software
www.7128.com

2008-07-24 12:12:56

Hi Frances, welcome to the forum.

i don't make computer games, I just talk about them endlessly and occasionally play them, lol!

I hope you have fun on here. What games do you have, any particular favourites?

If your making games, we'd deffinately be interested in giving them a try if you felt like sharing them.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-10-01 08:31:35

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. My name is Cathy, and I am from Vancouver, Canada. I have been blind since birth. I started playing audio games a couple of years ago. This is a great website for people looking for new games. I think that playing audio games is going to become an addiction for me. I am glad that there are people from all over the world on this forum.

Thumbs up

2008-10-01 12:32:19

Hi Kathy.

welcome to the site, and the forum. I'm really glad you like the site and have found some good game related information.

Playing audiogames is indeed incredibly addictive, ---- you'll be surprised how much time you take, but it's worth it!

Games wise, what have you tried thus far? any favourite genres?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-02 12:09:37

Hi guys.  my names Nikos.  I already introduced myself on another forum but I'll do it again.  I am blind and live in the U.s.  I am a huge fan of audio games.  I've also played a lot of main stream games with my friends such as most of the final fantasy games; RPG.  Its funny that as good as some video games are, they just can't make good sounds try as they might with a few exseptions.  Well that's me for now.

Thumbs up

2008-11-11 03:47:33

Hello everyone!
  I'm Francis, from Shanghai, China, studying in East China Normal University. Nice to meet all of you here.
  I'm functionally blind since seven years old, and began to know this forum just several months ago. However, I've been a game lover and also maker for about two years. I'd like to recommend one of my audio games--Night of Parasite(NOP) to you. It's a new type of audio-text-game, including shooting, adventure, role player and other factors. I've translated it into English, and if you are interested in such games, I'll translate more and share them with you. Here's the link to download it:

http://www.xldmrw.cn/up/updown/NOP24.exe

My E-mail address is [email protected]
and MSN is [email protected]
  I really hope to make more friends around the world and talk more about games, and also know more information outside of China.

Regards,
Francis

Thumbs up

2008-11-11 04:14:23

Hi Francis, and most deffinately welcome to the forum.

It always amazes me how many countries people here are from, ---- England, Iran, the Us, canida, ---- and the list goes on!

It's also fantastic that your making games, ---- in fact you said the magic words as far as I'm concerned, ---- roleplay game! it's almost half past two in the morning overhere, but I'll be glad to download and try out your game tomorrow.

As you'll also have gathered if you've seen the front of the site recently, we're in a bit of an updates rush at the moment, so it's entirely possible your game will quite probably get an index page and entry.

Presumably, if you've been lirking around the forum, you've been trying out some audio games. do you have any particular favourites?

I'll look forward to trying out your creation tomorrow.

2008-11-14 21:11:46

Hi francis.

i've finally! tried night of the parasite. i'm really sorry it's taken a while, ---- I've been amazingly busy over the last few days, ---- very nice indeed, the music is great and I love the rp and adventure elements.

Quests and exploration are a bit of a thing with me, so it's great to see a game like this.

My only miner suggestion is that perhaps you could think about making the various look to direction messages a litle shorter. For example instead of "North, ranger, three steps" just have "ranger, 3"

You already know you've looked nort with control up arrow, so there's no need to report the information, and the time it takes your screen reader to say "north" is time that the enemy can sneak up on you.

When you look and there's nothing in that direction, either just have a wall sound play, or a "nothing" message.

Apart from this everything is great, very nice sounds and ambience, and a good difficulty without being too hard (it took me a litle while to work out how the combat alarms and enemy patrol systems worked, but now I've got it I'm getting on much better.

the game will also certainly be getting an index page on audiogames.net when i can fix it.

thanks a lot for translating it into English.

2008-11-16 17:38:12

Hi Dark!
  Thank you so much for your tips to NOP and putting it into the game list. The detailed problem of the game you mentioned is really helpful and I'll pay more attention to such sections in future.
  And it's my pleasure to translate NOP into English and share it with others. I'll try to translate more.
  About the other games on Audiogame.net, I've tried several ones. However, although I like to play them, I can seldom do a good job. I think technoshock is very cool, SoundRTS very unique, Grizzly Gulch very interesting, and I'll try more in future.
  Thanks again for allowing me as the member of this great game site!

Thumbs up

2008-11-16 20:08:30

Hi Francis.

Well there's really no allowing about it, ---- this forum is for everyone interested in audiogames. As for Nop, well it's actually great to have yet another person making accessible games, particularly games with interesting plot and rpg like elements such as Nop.

Actually, there's been a serious amount of interest on the audeasy mailing list, ---- the other place on the net where a lot of discussion of accessible games goes on. if you want to subscribe to that list, you can go to http://audyssey.org/

You've actually started out with two pretty hard games in sound rts and Technoshock, ---- especially Technoshock!

for something in a similar style, but not with quite as extreme a difficulty level, i suggest Shades of doom. The game isn't free, but a demo is available.

Grizly gulch is to be honest in my opinion slightly symple for a commercial game. i myself only bought it sinse it also came with chillingham, which had more to it. Even so, i found both games incredibly easy.

also, for rpg style things, have you tried Sryth? out of all the online rpgs available that's my personal favourite.

but then again, i'm a bit of a plot maniac.

2008-11-16 22:37:56

Indeed welcome Francis. Night of the Parasite is something I must get to trying out, sooner than later.

Sound RTS is indeed one of the more interesting audio games around I find. It hasa lot of potential for the future too if development continues.

The games list probably has some out of date stuff in there, but it is being worked on. Admittedly it's mostly Dark, but I've just started putting a few changes in again myself. If you find any problems there don't hesitate to shout.

cx2
-----

Thumbs up

2008-11-17 19:41:03

hi francis,
I've tried night of the paracite and have so far gotten to the store room on chapter 1 and killed the small boss. It's a good game. what other games do you think you will translate?

Thumbs up

2008-12-08 19:09:02

Hi,
My name is Tiffany and I just joined the AG forums.  I am blind and have been since birth.  Currently, i'm attending college in Los Angeles.  I'm trying to get my master's in rehab counseling.  As far as gaming goes, I really enjoy role-playing and strategy games, particularly fantasy/medieval themed or those based on real-life.  I also enjoy simulations, though these seem hard to come by.  Although I've been reading the AG forum news regularly, I haven't registered because I've been too busy gaming!  (Smile)  Now I hope to share my favorite games with you and join in the lively discussion.

Best Regards,
Tiffany Kim
"It is your attitude, not your aptitude, which determines your altitude in life."--Anonymous

Thumbs up

2008-12-08 19:16:41

welcome to the forum tiffany. we are glad to have new members in our forums.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up

2008-12-08 20:08:21

Hi,
As Nin has already said, welcome to the forums tiffany. The more members that join us the better, as long as they aren't spam bots. In the past there have been several cases of spam, one that comes to mind is a spambot who's posts just went up by the dozen until finally the thing was banned. it ended up having about 900 posts within an hour of registering. the number of topics grew and they were just full of junk, to the point where 2 topics about it were made, and there was concern between a few members, me included. but luckily it was all sorted out. Now that that's out of the way, if you like medaevil themed games, you may wish to try out sound rts, a game that can both be played both offline and online. It is a real time strategy game and can get quite complex, but once you have learnt how to play it it's a lot of fun.

Thumbs up

2008-12-09 01:47:05

Tiffany,

Welcome to the forum. 
The folks here know an awful lot about audio games.
They've certainly helped our company.

Dark is just now in the process of updating the audio games database, so maybe you can find something there fun to play.

John Bannick
www.7128.com

2008-12-09 13:19:57

Hi tiffany.
Hope people don't mind me arriving to the welcome party a litle late, lol!

I'm glad you like the news and found it helpful. As John said, the database is being updated at the moment. There are stil many things myself and the other staff need to add, but also there's quite a lot of stuff done already.

feel free to post anything you like on the forum, ---- it's actually a great way to find out about games. as a big rpg fan myself, i'd be interested to know if there are any games you play which I've never heard of, ---- though of course that would mean more work adding them to the database, lol!

2008-12-09 20:15:50

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome!  There probably aren't too many games that I've played which you haven't yet found, as I usually stick to a few that I like.  Although I'm not much into shooters or arcade-style games, I do enjoy a good game of pinball now and then, and there's something about holiday games such as Super Egg Hunt and the Great Toy Robbery that I find appealing.  I think it has to do with the fact that they aren't too long and I can play them in a few minutes.
Speaking of which, John, I'm glad you wrote to me because I've been meaning to try out the 7-128 series of games, particularly the Inspector Cindy mysteries.  In fact, I think I'll go try out the demo now.  (Smile).  Thanks again and I'll be sure to share any games I have found to be interesting.

Best Regards,
Tiffany Kim
"It is your attitude, not your aptitude, which determines your altitude in life."--Anonymous

Thumbs up