2006-08-02 08:15:01 (edited by arjan 2006-08-02 08:17:31)

hi!
today, August second, is my birthday. i turned 11. and yes, this has to do with games since i got troopanum 2 for my birthday, which i need help with. i will send my stats after i finish my post. i was doing really well i think, but the problem was when i got to lord vector. those bombs are a pain, especially when you get hit. i also don't know how you land successfully on the bonus round, my engine was in the center of the screen when i crashed. i need help with these two occurances. here are my stats:
Final Score: 754005
Final Level: 16
Difficulty: Easy/Baby Black Hole
Game Duration: 24 minutes 5 seconds
Total laser shots fired: 990
Laser accuracy: 90,4%
You crashed on the Landing Ship bonus level, so you didn't get any points.
You killed 7 rounds of ships on the Ship Barrage Bonus level, and received 105000 points. You were also awarded a super laser.
Number of lives lost: 3
You lost your first life on level 16
You lost your second life on level 16
You lost your third life on level 16
On normal levels, you moved your ship a total of 8638 times.
You destroyed 131 Cruiser's
You destroyed 49 Lunar Lifter's
You destroyed 151 Enforcer's
You destroyed 129 Hovercraft's
You destroyed 76 Liquidator's
You didn't destroy any moonrocks
You picked up a base reinforcer on wave 2
You picked up a portal on wave 3
You picked up a portal on wave 6
You picked up a smart bomb on wave 6
You picked up a 70000 point bonus on wave 7
You picked up a portal on wave 9
You picked up a super laser on wave 11
You picked up a ground nuke on wave 14
You picked up a 60000 point bonus on wave 15
You picked up a smart bomb on wave 15
You picked up a super laser on wave 15
You picked up a base reinforcer on wave 15
there were quite a lot of special items on wave 15, so i decided to use my portal on level 16 and go back to grab some more. what i didn't know or just forgot was that i had a second portal that i did not use. i saved all my super laser rounds for level 16 and for lord vector only. i find it is easy to destroy him and it takes less hits to do so.
well, anyone can answer my two questions?
edit: oh dear. i just saw that i got a third portal. should really use the i key next time. oh, and my shooting of ships on that ship barrage bonus round was ended by an enforcer landing.

2006-08-02 09:57:56

wow! i just played again and i won! i will post my stats, as well. i also got on place 5 on the scoreboards. i had lots of portals and used them on level 16 to kill more liquidators and of course, to get more more special items, i had 25 super laser rounds, and unfortunately, 20 or 25 rifles as well. they could definitely have been replaced with something else, but who cares? i won anyway. i still crashed on the first bonus round though. i didn't lose any lives until level 16, which was only one life, by a bomb again. my super laser rounds really helped and, when i had to use my normal laser, the ship was nearly destroyed, so i didn't have to worry much. i had 2 or 3 ground nukes, one of which i used, and i could let 10 ships land or something, because i got a couple base reinforcers. since i've seen a lot of game play recordings on website of bsc games, i recorded me playing it, and it is now exporting to an ogg file even as i write this. my stats are below.
***Statistics for Game Started on 2-8-2006 9:18:10

Final Score: 790170
You beat the game! Congratulations!
Difficulty: Easy/Baby Black Hole
Game Duration: 27 minutes 16 seconds
Total laser shots fired: 959
Laser accuracy: 95,5%
You crashed on the Landing Ship bonus level, so you didn't get any points.
You killed 5 rounds of ships on the Ship Barrage Bonus level, and received 75000 points. You were also awarded a rifle.
Number of lives lost: 1
You lost your first life on level 16
On normal levels, you moved your ship a total of 4651 times.
You destroyed 114 Cruiser's
You destroyed 44 Lunar Lifter's
You destroyed 160 Enforcer's
You destroyed 109 Hovercraft's
You destroyed 165 Liquidator's
You didn't destroy any moonrocks
You avoided 31 bombs in the process of killing Lord Vector
You picked up a portal on wave 2
You picked up a super laser on wave 3
You picked up a ground nuke on wave 6
You picked up a smart bomb on wave 6
You picked up a base reinforcer on wave 7
You picked up a rifle on wave 9
You picked up a base reinforcer on wave 11
You picked up a ground nuke on wave 14
You picked up a rifle on wave 15
You picked up a portal on wave 15
You picked up a smart bomb on wave 15
You picked up an 80000 point bonus on wave 15

2006-08-02 12:32:20

well, i talked in te recording but it didn't sound so good, my voice was way too quiet, should have raised the volume of my microphone somewhat... but then i'll have to beat the game again tongue

2006-08-02 13:02:29

Happy Birthday!

2006-08-02 21:33:35

hi, buddy!
Happy birthday! I hope you're enjoying it. When's you're nameday? Do they celebrate namedays in the netherlands like in Hungary?

As for you're problem, when you get the ship in the center, you have to press up arrow to slow the ship down.

hth

Regards:

tomi

2006-08-03 08:06:27

yeah, i do that, but you mean that i have to stop pressing the up arrow when i'm moving more to the right? i usually press both keys.

2006-08-03 21:08:02

That's not really all that tough to do. You just tap Up really fast to slow your descent. Then when you hear your ship drifting, press the opposite direction to the one you're drifting. Press it once and once only unless absolutely necessary, and don't let up on that up arrow! Tap it, don't hold it. The longer you remain in the air, the more points you earn.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-08-04 17:23:49

that's what i do but i always crash.

2006-08-05 07:38:28

ok so i just have to be this lucky, and my up arrow must be pressed when i land, well my reflexes are not truely the best, but i still don't get it.

2006-08-08 08:27:57

well i finally manage to land, but can't get more then a hundred thousand points. and no, i don't think they do namedays here.