2012-04-02 12:51:39

Dragon,

It might be an architectural issue. Have you tested on 64-bit systems?

2012-04-02 14:01:39

Hi All,

Alright, let's see.

yukionozawa wrote:

When a ship appears, the sound is played before the game set its volume.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It seems to happen when multiple ships are loaded. I can fix this easily.

Stan wrote:

Thats extremely strange. When I tried to run the debug.exe, there happened just nothing. It is the same, when I try to start the game. I even redownloaded the whole game and reinstalled it, But nothing changed.

This is strange, and shouldn't happen. I'm sorry, but I'm clueless. I'll think of something, and get back to you.

balliol wrote:

It might be an architectural issue. Have you tested on 64-bit systems?

Considering I wrote it on a 64-bit system and it works fine for me, plus one of my testers had a 64-bit system and it worked fine for them as well, I don't think that that's necessarily the problem.

Somehow, I'm beginning to think that it's something to do with your Graphics card, Stan. I could fix it to not make use of the sprite system... Why did I use that at all anyway?

Thanks for all the comments! Also, keep your ears up. Tonight, I say, tonight the game will reveal all it's secrets!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 14:20:26

I'm waiting for the secrets...
big_smile

2012-04-02 14:55:05

maybe it has something to do with my graphics card. It is just the internal card of the Core I5 prozessor I am using. It worked fine for all other audio games I tried, but I couldn't play any actual 3D games, like call of duty or something, with it.

2012-04-02 15:01:57

Space key doesn't work. I've tried it. Which levels it's working?

2012-04-02 16:20:47

hi,
i will check this game out, downloading it.
but, i'm already sure that it should be a  nice game! lol
but i didnt understand anything much by tomorrow night or tonight, because my timezone is gmt+5:30, a huge difference.
regards,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-04-02 16:35:08

Hi.
waht can i do about the window not apearing?
i mean its just the menu and i wated for about a minut but no window.
hmm. sounds like a fun game.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-04-02 16:45:17 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2012-04-02 16:45:49)

Hi Sid,

I'm on GMT+1, so I'm not sure myself. In a few hours. LOL

Stan: That might be the problem. Sorry about that. sad

@Fatih: Space key? I never mentioned that.
@Brad: I'm not sure. Try the debug program and see if something pops up.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 18:25:09

ahoy all
as I may have stated before, almost all of your games GhorthalonTheDragon  are awsome,and so I do believe this one will be as well,but.
BUT WHERE'S THE CATCH? I wonder that myself.....:d
grryfindore.
ps. downloading it after 12 hours,just to be sure,that this is not a prank.:p

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-04-02 18:40:10

dragon,  you are the best.
man! simply i love it!
i love this game.
very very powerful.
i love all the sounds of this game.
the explosions and the way i shoot the ships.
the radar is very nice.
this is a really a little great game.
i'm gona beet this game.
thank you dragon!

2012-04-02 18:40:12

Hi Grryf,

Well... You're the only one who mentioned that there IS a catch. And... You're right!

Your fears weren't for no reason. Most of the advertising is for nothing! all you're playing, is a little space invaders game thrown together in 1, 2 hours!

I know, a little late, but hey!

The Downloadable contents is a joke, the engine is a joke, and press F12 in the game while playing. big_smile

And now, let me give you all the source code!

Download
The game is written in PB, and I used PureTTS4. If you code in PB, and don't have pureTTS, extract the zip file (PureTTS4.zip), and replace it in the pureBasic directory.

It's not commented, but you can see what is a joke, and what isn't. I know, it's practically too late, but you cannot stop it! big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 19:40:12

Hi.
nope that didn't work. it just says like before everything seems fine. and smile lol at the fact that it wasn't really a big game. hmm i thought there might be something like a catch since you put. "so what's the catch?"

2012-04-02 20:10:33

Hi Brad,

Hmm... I'm clueless. Did you try restarting your system?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 20:17:09

hi.
yeah lol if you read the post i put before with the 3 edits in it you will se that i did restart my system and then uninstall the program and then install it again.
but still no window.
hmm maybe its ebcause i have a rubbish grafics card. but how would i check? i don't think i have any good once since i got rid of jaws and now use nvda.

2012-04-02 22:58:01

Ehm... What's the joke? Well, the downloadable content, but what lese? I'm a little confused... smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-04-03 00:10:25 (edited by nyanchan 2012-04-03 00:11:17)

There isn't debug.exe in my folder. Have Dragon added debug.exe sinth he posted this?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-04-03 00:21:05

Hi,

@Yukio: I posted a link to the debug.exe. But if you can run the agme fine, there's no point running it. It will jsut check if the needed dependencies work. Nothing new to the game. smile

@Alex: All that advertising. You know, the super duper engine, being able to continue the game by modifying things online without you having to re-download... All those things.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-03 02:22:10

Lol, still a fun game anyway.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-04-03 06:02:10

lol!

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2012-04-03 08:10:23

brad said that the space key will activate the rapid fire thing.

2012-04-03 08:14:10

Hi Ghorthalon and all,
Super game! I also looked into the sourcecode and I now have a little imagine on how to create games in pb. :-)
But, the PureTTS library does'nt work for some reason. I copied it to the pb folder and tried to run one of the examples, but it says "TTSInit() doesn't sem to be an array, function or linked list."
Note: The message may say something other than that in the english version, I'm using the german one and tried to translate the error.
Maybe I should copy the PureTTS4 folder into the PureLibraries-folder?

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-04-03 10:06:02

Yeah, I cleared?!! LOL

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-04-03 13:47:10

Hi,
I'm wondering if we'll end up seeing any march massacre spin-offs? could be interesting if someone made an extended story out of it, it was actually getting rather epic and sort of anime-like, it's rather fun.

2012-04-03 13:57:03

Hi,

The space bar doesn't activate any rapid fire. Rapid firing is achieved by pressing control very fast.
@Yukio: Cleared what? Hahaha.

I think Robjoy and me found another sollution to the game crashing thing, Stan. Is your SAPI5 engine working correctly? Do you have a compatible voice selected in your control panel?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-03 14:52:24

just hit the f12 key.

f.a.t.h.e.r