2006-07-25 22:11:35

Hi all. Did anyone buy any of their games? By the way the website is http://www.azabat.co.uk/
They sell their games only on cd and they say that the games
don't need instalation they just play from the cd.
They don't sell individual games but set of games such as word games, stragity games etc. Each cd
has got about 4 games.
I find their prises a bit expensive. Each set of games cost 50 british pounds which is something like 70 or 80 US Dollars i think.

But i don't know how can somebody pay this big ammound of money without knowing if the games are good quality, what sound effects they have if they have
any, etc. They should have audio demos of the games if they can't have actual demos we could play. Bavisoft for example have got reviews for their games so we know
what we are buying before we do so. So did anyone buy their games? Are they worth buying? I like their stragidy games because they have got backgammon which is very popular
in Greece and Cyprus. We call it tavli. I wouldn't mind bying them if i knew that they are actually good. I don't want to spend 50 pounds for nothing.
I downloaded a hangman they have got for sample but i am not that impressed with it. No sound effects or anything. So what do you think?

Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2006-07-25 23:28:57 (edited by dark empathy 2006-07-25 23:34:13)

Hmmm, this isn't a developer I've heard of, but looking at their selection of games I'm not too surprised.

Quite a few of the games can be got from other places, mostly for free. Blackjack, yahtsy, battleships, concentration and Hangman can all be got free of charge from Jim Kitchen's site, using some sound effects and sapi. Go to:

http://kitchensinc.blindprodigy.net/

various versions of solitaire, a free Sudoku and a 15 tyle number puzle similar to one of the Azabat games can be got from Ian Humphry's site:

http://www.omninet.net.au/~irhumph/blindgamers.htm

Unfortunately niether of these developers has got around to developing Bakcgaman, but you'll see it's on Ian Humphry's list of games to considder developing (along with Draughts/checkers), so it may be worth asking him about it. Also, sinse Jim Kitchen has written programmes for Snakes and ladders, The game of life and Monopoly, he might be able to develope an audio backgammon, sinse it's another board game with dice (one I'm quite interested in playing now).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-25 23:50:34 (edited by nikosdemetriou 2006-07-25 23:51:56)

Yes you are right.
Most of the games they offer can be found in other places for free.
Only backgammon is a game nobody else produced yet.

I will probaply contact jim Kitchen and the othar of the other website you said to ask them about it.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2006-07-26 00:49:24

Your welcome. To be honest I'd quite like to see an accessible backgamon too, and one that I don't have to pay

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-26 04:45:29

Hi
Another game that you can't find anywhere else is Connect Four. But maybe Jim could make his next game Connect Four.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-07-26 17:40:33

I've got the volume 4 as the other volumes of games can be got free. I haven't seen a free scrabble, dominoes, backgammon or draughts. They're pretty good but because they run straight from the CD they don't run smoothly. Game play is good though and