2006-07-21 19:36:45 (edited by archer 2006-07-21 19:44:45)

hi guys,
i am going to make a donkey kong / tarzan junior game, however, although i do have some donkey kong grunts and other sounds i would'nt mind some more.
what i'd like is sounds from donkey kong country, maybe like the breaking barrel one and others.
this does tye in to the mod.
so, after doctor wobble got out of prison, he decided to try and steel some of proffessor
smeegle's new experiments.
looking through the lab he found an invention worth millions, a small monkeybot that
has it's own personal teleporter, which could teleport the owner anywere in the world
in seconds.
he promptly stole this.
the next day when the proffessor discovered this he ordered you his overworked assistant
to go and find it.
however when you arrive as well as more advanced guard robots doctor wobble has put bionic implants and advanced weaponry into the most viscious creature in the jungle world.
!!! DONKEY KONGS !!!
note- i put this in now, as i intend to delete the post it was in.
i asked for mp3's, however after searching, i've come up with nothing.
anybody have any ideas?
thx 2 all
arch

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-07-22 05:16:37

Hmmm, being a very sad gaming history nerd, I'm afraid the idea of evil vicious Kong monkeys doesn't work for me ---- the Kong family have always worked on the side of the angels, especially Diddy Kong, my personal favourite member of the crew. but maybe if you could get some appropreate sfx, you could include that, proff Smeegle teaming up with the imphamous king of all kremlins and and worst Crocodile ever, king K-rule, in order to wipe out the Kong family and make a profit.

I'm afraid I don't know much about getting sound effects, but you could well try the Classicgaming\donkey kong site. I'm not sure of the address, but if you google classic gaming and donkey kong you should be able to find it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-22 10:22:57 (edited by archer 2006-07-22 10:33:11)

i know it's not too clear in the intro i posted, but the donkey kong family are not working on the side of evil, they have merely have been captured by doctor wobble who has installed mind controlling drugs and implants in them to help him guard smeegle's stolen monkeybot teleporter.
do you think, that myself being a great fan of all nintendo classics that i would have donkey kong, my favorite by far work against good?
well, hopefully that's cleared all that up.
i may buy the whole tj game, that way i could have it all donkey kong freeing all the way through. but first let's see what i have to work with from google.
thx

i have found a website where you can get the whole donkey kong country sound track,
title, cranky's song, candy's save point, vulture culture, oil drum lane, stop and go station, jungle hijinks, everything.
the only trouble is it's in mpeg audio

2006-07-22 16:46:40

That could be a fun game, in level four of Tarzan Junior, you actually fight against a giant bee which did rather remind me of the Queen bee battle from donkey Kong country.

As reguards soundtracks, I've got the sound tracks to all three Dk games in Spc format ----- with Dkc2 as my fvourite (gotta love the pirates!).

Actually, I must also correct my last post ---- being the sad gaming history nerd that I am.

donkey Kong did actually start off as a badguy in the original 1983 game, kidnapping Mario's then girlfriend pauline and hanging about at the top of a construction site lobbing barrels downwards.

Btw, do you happen to know why donkey kong is called Donkey Kong even though he's an Ape? the story is that Shhigeru miamoto wanted to make a game about a big stupid monkey. Kong he obviously got from king kong, and he assumed that in english donkey meant stupid.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-22 18:38:15

well, i do know of the story behind donkey kong, in my time i managed to watch gamesville, and on one of the questions sent in i heard of donkey's origin.
i tried to find dk sounds but come up with nothing.
you wouldn't happen to have any knowledge of a sound of a barrel breaking would you?
thx

2006-07-22 21:33:44

sorry Archer, I just do game soundtracks for musical recreation, and the Spc sets only have the actual game music ----- that does include all the various litle jingles for death or completing a level, but sadly none of the actual game sounds like barrels or monsters.

2006-07-23 06:17:39

what extention has it got then? mpeg? i thought goldwave and the like could convert those files, however i am not sure, it at least says that it can convert mpeg audio, though it only says mp3 but it might well be mpeg and everything as well.