2006-07-20 15:11:32

I have at least one from each game I hav tried.
MKII Dead Pool
MKIII Shao Khan's Tower/The Bell Tower.
MKDA Shang Tsung's Palace/Nethership, Quan Chi's   fortress and the fatality music.
MKD The Pit/Lower Minds, Dead Pool, Quan Chi's Fortress,  The fatality Music, The Hara-kiri music.

V

2006-07-21 05:20:19

I like most stuff from MK I... you can't beat classic totally-not-cd-quality videogame music.

James

2006-07-21 05:55:40

Hmmm, Mk1 does have some nice themes, I particularly like the continue theme and ending. in Mk2, I'd have to say the armery, and the pit 2 were my personal favourites, I didn't think the music in 3 was quite as good, but the theme for the temple stage and the soul chamber were rather interesting (you can't beat organs of doom!).

the only other Mk game i've played up to this point is Mk Da, which has several good tracks, particularly the various ending themes and creddits.

I would say though, that the Mk series in general isn't my favourite fighting game series for music, that'd be soul calibur (which I have all the music to).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-21 20:55:27

I'm sorry, Street Fighter II (ot super) has the best fighting game music ever.  Soul Calibur's is too long and drawn out for me.  Oh man that Ryu song, I think it's up there on that list of songs which everyone knows about whether they play videogames or not (the Mario song is at the top).  The continue music isn't very threatening, but it does make you want to put in just one more quarter.  The little intro tue catches your attention and the final boss music is not insanely scary, it's more like "I have power but I am very temporate ad reserved, not like bursting with it everywhere like some crazy monster."  It rocks.

James

2006-07-21 21:17:18

Yeah, the Street Fighter 2 tracks is good. But some of the  Soul Calibur tracks  are cool to. Inferno's from Soul Calibur 2, and Abyss's from Soul Calibur 3.

V

2006-07-22 05:35:12

gaaaaah! why don't they bring out a Gamecube version of Sc3!

Anyway, yeah, I'd agree about Sf2, it has to be the most famous of fighting game music, and it has several tracks I like, riu's stage (the number of times my brother and I had Vs matches on that stage just isn't funny!), Balrog, Vega, and again some of the ending themese (Zangief's just makes me laugh)).

I'd personally put the soul calibur stuff above even Sf for music quality, basically because it's more epic, more filmscore, and sutes the atmosphere of the game perfectlyy, but then again, I'm a fairly big fan of film scores anyway (and lots of other stuff too), so it's not surprising that the Sc stuff would be at the top of my list.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-25 04:18:28

Right. Shin if you could send me the mkd fatality and hara kiri music in a zip that'd be good. Or at least tell me where you got them. If you have the files, that is. Speaking of these songs doesn't MKd's hara kiri music remind you slightly of the mk2 fatality music? I personally love all mk2 stages and tracks, but I love, I mean love all the techno stuff the immortals did with the mk cd single. You know the one. The one with the newer versions of the mk theme that use mk3 speech?

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-07-25 16:34:19

I would do that if I had them. Have just heard them in the game. Yeah, the  Hara Kiri Music  reminds me a bit of the MKII Fatality thaeme when I think about it. If I get them, I've send them to you.

V

2006-07-25 20:50:00

Sounds good. As for the sf themes, I like i Hondas stage, Ryu's stage and Gyle's stage. I have a really cool version of Gyle's stage which was remixed by someone, but it sounds really cool.

2006-07-26 21:09:30 (edited by archer 2006-07-26 21:15:07)

well, i have only played on mk trilogy, however i think that the player selection music, the final fight with shao khan and the abandaned railway scene.
however i really prefer the music from tekken 2, which i somehow managed to find in a 2nd hand games retailer.
the songs on that are not so much as warrior like as mk trilogy but are upbeat enough to encourage the player to really let fly at your appoinant.
i tend to favor yoshimitsu, however leigh normally finds his way onto my side of the screen, and i make good use of his neck break attack.
over the years i have had mk triligy, i have been sure to learn as many moves as possible.
i now think i know at least one or three moves for each player.

in mk trilogy i think that my favorite player for moves would have to be striker, as i know his moves very well, and i very often find greatt use of his rockets, and guns.
however kung lao also deserves a special mention, his chain-saw hat often comes in handy when up against a tough fight.

i am about to write a new game book for a website i know of, and i intend to base it on mk.

however i need to know which mk trilogy characters are good and which are evil.
after that i will decide the lead.
thx.
best reg
arch

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-07-30 22:08:08

Ok, Asault_Freak, This is a verry stupid question. But if  I shul send the files to you,  how shul I send it? I know in a zip, but via Skype? Mail?

V

2006-07-31 20:40:26

E-mail would do nicely. [email protected] would be the address to use as I don't use the one I registered with anymore.

2006-08-07 18:10:34

Ok. In another topic, you said something that you have some MK music, what do you have?

V

2006-08-07 22:11:47

I have the mortal kombat 1, two, three and four orriginal arcade scores, as well as a few pieces of music from mortal kombat deception and deadly alliance.