2006-07-12 02:55:52

Hey,
If anyone has any Godwars2 characters that they dont use, preferably over age 200, any class, I was wondering if I could have access to it? Well just post here if you have anything. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-12 20:16:38

I don't play that game, but in just about every  MMORPG I've ever played, that is terrifically illegal.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2006-07-13 01:37:40

Its a mud game, and char trading seems to  go on a lot, all the admins say is, don't come to me because of char takeovers...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-13 05:53:44 (edited by cx2 2006-07-13 05:54:37)

Well it's certainly not in the spirit of the muds I've played. It's sort of like cheating the system to me.

Although I am glad you've relaxed your stance towards muds Mike.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-07-13 16:22:41

if this char thing continues, i will have no choice but to tlel the admin just how many characters you and alex have. i erally, really agree with these guys. it's just like multiplaying, even if it's not. and it's because ya want to be good. well, get good yourself. it's like saying to someone, "hay raise some powers for me" it's like you are being lazy. it's because you arjn't bothered to get good. it's just not on.

2006-07-13 17:25:26

he asked if he could have any characters; not if anyone wants his character.

2006-07-13 22:27:33 (edited by robjoy 2006-07-13 22:28:42)

Yes, he did, but its cheating, in both cases.
I agree with tigger, and i think kaVir have to handle these character tradings, however it seems that he won't.
It is just a lazy thing, as aaron said, that someone is too lazy to power up his char, and asks if someone could give him his/her one.
Well, i don't know, but if i were you, i am sure i would feel a bit bad about myself, since i used another person's character... Its totally up to you, though.
R.J.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-07-13 23:37:09

Hey,
Well I'll change this a little. I'm looking for a werewolf at least 150 if anyone has...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-14 01:32:29

Honestly I dont think the admins care how many chars we have.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-14 01:37:54

I'm not going to be quite so agressive as the other guys, but I personally do play muds and expect to have to earn my way up the ladder as an integral part of that playing. That's the reward in it for me, being able to beat mobs that I couldn't have a hope against before. You don't focus on the bigger things you can't do, you focus on the many less drastic things you can do that you couldn't a couple days, weeks or months ago. You'll get to the drastic changes when you get there, and you'll do it your way with your character tailored to your style of play.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-07-15 04:18:34

It's not like I didn't make my own characters. I have two characters subclassed.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-15 06:52:01

well i have none, and the reason is because i repeatetly get slain by some 300 char who is bored because you can't train beyond age 300 and he's got nothing to do.

2006-07-15 23:58:31

I have got the impression from people's posts that godwars is permanant PK on, is this right? If it is I think it's a flaw, there's a very good case for letting people choose or limiting PK always on  to certain PK free areas.

cx2
-----

2006-07-16 06:57:08

true, it's a pk mud all right, but people who kill others have trained up their stats so they didn't get killed, so it's a bit annoying if they don't let other people train while they have got all the time to do it.

2006-07-17 03:45:03

Yeah definitely. This guy Feryl kills me, Arjan and many others because he's bored and he thinks we're idiots. All the 300 characters are stuck up and I dont plan to be when I get 300. I'm gonna kill feryl and all of those others whenever they slay newbies.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-19 06:54:59

something i really like about it, though, is that it is updated usually every day, sometimes not in a few days but usually. say, for example, yesterday, there is now a demon tail location, so ts for tailstrike, so you can use four locations at once, or five if you use both hands.

2006-07-19 15:13:58

hi,
i haven't played godwars, but is it text based, is it easy to play, and can the screen reader window eyes cope with it?
thx
arch

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-07-19 19:10:02

well, it is text based, but is not so easy to understand. however, once you get the hang of it, you can do everything without too much trouble. yes, it's text based. i suggest you going to randylaptop.com and downloading the mud client monkeyterm. windoweyes will not work as far as i know, but microsoft sapi 5 will work very well.

2006-07-19 19:38:10 (edited by cx2 2006-07-19 19:39:23)

Alternatively if you ask around Window Eyes users about either mud clients or telnet clients. The two are pretty much the same thing, only mud clients are designed with little extras to help with muds.

Telnet clients are fairly common tools and so shouldn't be an issue to find.

cx2
-----

2006-07-21 05:33:16

Just checked, according to www.randylaptop.com on the mudding section it can pipe speech to Window Eyes in the same way it does for Jaws. Apparently the script command is still "jawsay" whether you're using the JFW, Window Eyes or sapi speech so ignore that part and check the set up guide for monkeyTerm.

cx2
-----

2006-07-21 15:54:32

Is anyone here 300 on godwars2?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-08-29 20:13:31

does it work with jaws?
where to find the game?

I live to crochet!

2006-08-30 07:04:20 (edited by cx2 2006-08-30 07:05:09)

get either:
GMud from www.gutterstar.net with the special scripts

or

MonkeyTerm from www.randylaptop.com

These are the clients you use to connect to these games, called muds. Then you find the connection details on the mud's web site. Can't remember the one for godwars 2, sorry.

If you have heard of ultima online, everquest, world of warcraft, or any of these online games... muds are the ancestor of these, and are mostly free and community run.

cx2
-----

2006-09-01 21:45:39

Hi,
Don't you have to buy the gmud scripts? That's kind of dumb. Can anyone send them to me?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-09-02 04:34:02

You do not have to buy the gmud scripts. They do use a limited demo mode, but they changed how much cuts out so there is very little lost after the time expires.

cx2
-----