2012-03-09 01:45:06

Hi Cae,
The game is cool so far and I think I get the hang of it much better since I have the full version, because Sapi is slower be default. So I can understand what's going on much better. Keep up this excelent work, the game definately is worth it's money. But I think I found a bug or something: If I play as spectro, I found something in a room. I understand "plastic ball" That are two items. If I try to select the plastic or what ever that is, the Windows error sound comes and the game seems to close.
What is that?

2012-03-09 03:41:35

That definitely shouldn't happen. Looking through the code, I think I've found what's causing it, and it's a bit of a querk with BGT (I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's supposed to behave that way, but it's weird enough that I never caught it before).
I think I can fix it. In the mean time, I guess just don't try to use the plastic; it doesn't actually do anything at this point.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-09 07:46:40

Okay, thanks would be great if you could fix it. Do you plan to add more things to the game with updates? How it works if you release a new version? Will I get a new link via E-mail or how it works?
regards
Niklas

2012-03-09 12:08:49

If the game is updated, I'll send the update to everyone that's bought it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-11 18:43:48

Hi.
So I finally got time to check out the latest version.
Ctrl tab and tab does the same thing. It switches between the different outputs. Well, this is really great, but it won't work with NVDA on my system. I want to have NVDA read all the text to me, because I currently don't have a great sapi voice which is good at reading fast and loud like eSpeak in NVDA.
Then I got a pretty bad and confusing start the first two times I started the game. I chose the first character which got spoken so soft by Nanna so I couldn't hear what the character is called. As soon as I got my first mission, I was thrown into a fight. I had read the read me briefly, so I know I had to press a to attack. I pressed a very quickly to attack, but all the sounds was so loud so I couldn't hear the speech at all, and I quickly died twice without noticing why I did wrong.
Then I quit the game to choose an other character, and then I was placed in a small room with a letter which I never figured out how to pick up or read. I walked forward and was thrown into a fight, and then I died again.
It would be nice to have a small tutorial to go through to learn all the basics. I thought I could bring up a list to choose what to examen to read the letter, but I couldn't. I got a kind of a list where the last message was shown which was pretty confused.
The game looks pretty strange to me and I find it very difficult to get started. I don't mean to say anything bad about the game because it really sounds interesting, but I can't really get into how the basics works. I don't know if it's just me who does something wrong or if I just have had some bad experiences with the game. I'm sure it would help a lot if I got a better sapi voice, but the battles seems to be so quick that you don't have a chance when you don't know how to fight or can't hear what's going on.
It would be nice if people would comment on this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-03-12 07:58:58

Hi.
about the game, yeah i agree on most of the points.
1. the sounds do seam almost to lowd.
2. sometimes x for exsamon doesn't seem to work.
3. to get that letter and any other things you might nead press g. or if you nead to duck press d and then g to get what ever it is you nead.
i brought the game and i must ad mit for ten dollers or five pound it isn't that bad. but it could do with some inprovments i think.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-03-12 09:58:02

I must at mit that flying, driving a car, learn lots of skills, talk to people, explore big maps etc sounds really interesting, so I think people just have to get used to the game, but it's damn hard! smile I look forward to more comments.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-03-12 20:15:12

I like the game so far, but a documentation, or more tipps in the read me would be helpfull

2012-03-21 18:07:04

ok. I have spent some time with the game and I have some things to say.
First off, the defobots seem to have a bug associated wit them. After they perform their replicating technique, they seem to become invisible to the game. This results in them seeming to attack from anywhere, even when they are not in the same location as the playble character.
Second, when I try to save a transcript it seems to fail every time. i can't get it to open in my web browser.
It is a good game, though. I like it. smile

2012-03-21 19:25:02

Hehehehe. Those invisible defobots aren't a bug.
They are, however, very dangerous. Kill them quickly if ever you notice them. Preferably with supers and blasts.

The deal with the transcript, though, is something that's been kinda annoying, but something I try rarely enough that I haven't put much into fixing it. I think the transcript should be saving, even if it isn't opening correctly. Put a .htm on the filename and you should be able to open it yourself until it gets patched.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-21 20:27:02

lOL... Thanks, CAE.
how does a person keep from losing their playable characters to demons? Does anyone have an idea of what causes that? If possible, i'd like to not have that happen again! smile

2012-03-22 03:11:29

I think some people might consider my explanation spoilerish, so... just warning.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
That was my way to prevent you from making your characters unfairly powerful, hehehe.
Fatigue works well enough to prevent you from overdoing weapons and armor, but I couldn't really limit the others without coming up with arbitrary limits. I thought that arbitrary limits wold be more annoying than anything, so instead of making them caps, I made it so that the farther your stats are above certain values, the more likely you are to get possessed.
There are ways to exorcise the demons, but other than one or two that are based on random chance, the most reliable way takes quite a bit of work, since the items involved are pretty rare.
I won't explain what those items are just yet, but I will say that the game knows a character is possessed because of a special flag that can only have one value at a time. So instead of focusing on something that would logically work against demons, think about something that might need to use that special flag.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-26 04:08:24

hi cae!.
well, finally i found this haha.
i sent you a pm to see how we can negotiate the game, because i don't have access to paypal.
waiting your response haha.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2012-03-29 15:48:49

cai, did you say that the only version that allowed you to use screenreaders was the full version?
in which case, i'm definitely buying it,  looks brilliant and I cant play with anna at all.

2012-03-29 16:21:30

That is the case, yes. I didn't do it that way on purpose, though... sad

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-30 15:57:47

Warning! Possible Spoilers ahead!
S P O I l E R
You have officially been warned.
Ok, CAE.
I have gotten to the point where I have had a whole community of folks helping me. Some have even made scrolls to help me out. Some of the scrolls are quite helpful. Many have even had children. However, some of the characters like to hand me scrolls with nothing on them or “scr0lls”. I don’t know how to make helpful scrolls.
I have also noticed that the enemy can steel some of your playable characters friends away and use them for their own gain. Nice twist! It gets really hard to keep one’s health up while being attacked by kid ninjas and clones of Sacti.
I haven’t found a way to carry anything without using it immediately and getting bogged down. No backpacks, purses or boxes have jumped out at me. Jugs can only carry water, sand, ashes, ghosts, and snow.
Is there any way of disassembling items? Sometimes I end up with a grappling hook/food or a Scroll/dagger. Those items seem useless to me right now.
One last thing. What is the purple star for?

2012-03-30 16:30:47

This entire post is spoilers.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
The unlabeled scrolls... well, one type will give you a peak into your character's backstory, but the others don't really do much (they can complete quests, for what that's worth).
The purple stars are actually a reference to another game I have yet to complete, hehehe. There are a few specific doors they can unlock, and you can use them to bribe mercinaries (or if you find one of the two telephones in the game, you can use them to pay for food, hehehehe). They weren't supposed to become as big a part of the game as they are (and since I think I just summarized most of it, you can see how not-big that is. tongue ).
Since you've got scrolls going around, have you encountered someone to trade with? Any items you find useless can be traded for something better if you want.
There are also a few places (by which I mean two) where you can find a Keysmith, who will make keys for you if you drop any item. The demo has a bug with the keysmith that makes it easily abused; I don't remember if I fixed that in the full version or not (I know I planned on it).
There's another bug that makes grapplinghooks more useful than they seem, but if you've got so many people running around, even that is probably a bit too little, hehehe.
There is one specific use for the grapplinghook that I didn't manage to make as intuitive as I wanted. The solution would have been to make a helicopter sound play when in the presence of a motorcycle. I don't think I need to say more. wink

And on those items that get stuck together... that's a bug that I had hoped I had successfully crushed. Apparently I failed. sad
I will mention that one thing I like to do when I'm vulnerable in the earlier stages is grab even useless items just to make it less likely that thieves will take the things I need. Eventually this just becomes a mess once you're far enough that thieves aren't much of a threat and you actually need to find specific items in that enormous collection. So unfortunately it seems I can only suggest bbeing careful.

Oh, and that bug with the grapplinghook, in case you would rather me tell you
(So sub-spoiler, I guess)
It's actually due to a querk of BGT, but if a grapplinghook is the last item in your inventory, it can unlock most doors that take a numbered key.

Hmm, would a list of some of the major events and how to access them be worth making? Appropriately spoiler-tagged, of course.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-03-31 23:40:39 (edited by RK23 2012-03-31 23:44:55)

Possible spoilers ahead again.
S P o I L E R
Once again, you have been warned.
Actually, CAE. A list of major events and how to access them would be very useful to me. Alternatively, an explanation of how to go from map to map would do. I know how to go to some maps.
There is a map that can be accessed by opening a tunnel.. (haha) Yet another that some characters can drive to, (Covina’s Dojo). People can fly to Isusues home on a plain. Kia seems to like to travel to her village every time she falls asleep. But… how in the name of the living moon raithe does one get to any other map?
I know the Spectro’s map has a telephone in it, but I don’t know how to get there with, say, Toyota if I need to. Having that information would probably help me greatly. The event list may not even be needed after that.

2012-04-01 00:49:52 (edited by CAE_Jones 2012-04-01 00:51:28)

It's almost (emphasis on the almost) impossible to reach the character intro maps without starting the game as the required character.

Everything from here down is probably spoilers.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
I'll hold off on listing every event / map, but here are a few:
- There are three ways to reach the seaside cliffs, which isn't particularly eventful, but has a few hard-to-find items and a minigame its own. One way is to get Abato to let you borrow his father's boat, which I think only happens if you've gotten a particular scene (meditate on the island off to the west of Kavina's dojo). The other way involves using a Relic (obtain by defeating a Ninja with the Ninja Relic quest), talk to Abato, then use the Relic when near a boat. The other way is far less reliable; if you can get into a river, you can eventually follow it to the ocean, but odds are you'll wander into a cave before then. (Find rivers by going into waterfalls. Sometimes waterfalls spawn on top of cliffs (reached from high ledges), or if there's been a meteor shower).
- There's another stage that takes you to Kavina's Dojo, and I think there are only two pretty specific ways to reach it. (I also think it could use much more dialog, since it's more a character sequence than an action one, but I digress). If you've gone to the seaside cliffs, you'll find a high ledge on the west side of the boat. If you can climb up there, you'll reach a fishing boat, and you can talk to the villager there. (The little bit he tells you might be cut off by the generic villager stuff that follows if you're in the right message mode). Once you've talked to that villager, having Suzuki or Toyota try to fly from a road or a gully should cause something to happen. The other way involves a special way to end that stage you reach by opening tunnels (I'm not sure if you've found that yet, but I suspect you'll know when you do). After that, Kia can get Chevrelet to take her to this stage by jumping on him in the random maps. tongue.
- If you find Chevrelet hanging around in the random maps as not a boss, talking to him might cause things to happen.
- There's a map that, when properly cleaned, leads you to a stage through a city. The city map is randomly generated, but in a different way from the generic random maps. (This isn't the only way to get here, but eh). It's more of a maze, though if you find your way out, you'll reach a burning bridge guarded by a gang of crooks. If you manage to jump from that bridge with few or no crooks present, you'll advance to the next area. (The crooks constantly respawn, so there's really only one reliable way to accomplish this...).
- There are other ways to reach the area where the above ends. One of them involves a sequence of events with Spectro, meditating with a palm-pilot, and using a ninjasmokebomb near a plane. (I don't remember if the telephone call is a requirement or not). This results in a little challenge-type thing, though if you're unlucky it can be lost even if you don't do anything wrong (ninjaing a plane should let you try again, though). That ends at the burning bridge, eventually. Another way is by completing the second stage at the Dojo. I think there are a couple others, but I've used them so little I don't remember exactly (I think one involves entering the correct sequence of numbers at a keypad). There are so many non-simple ways to reach this same stage for a reason, Heh. You need to get through it and get the cutscene at the end to enable most of the events specific to the full version of the game.
Oh, and I don't know if you found Spectro's optional sidestage or not. Talking to the villagers in his intro with different items in your possession might make a difference.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something from even just the demo. sad
There are still plenty of things I left out deliberately (most only available in the full version). I think those should be easier to find once you get to them, though. (I said find, not complete. There are a couple minigames involved that can be frustrating until you figure them out...)
Hopefully this was helpful.
(Oh, and so far as I can remember, there is only one other phone besides the one in Spectro's intro, but it's somewhere you've already said that you've been... it's just a matter of finding it.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-04-01 03:54:34

I have some questions:
I'm not very far in the game yet but has the game more cut scenes than one?
And would you fix the bug I have menssioned? The items are not usefull at the beginning, but later in the game if I understand you right. Will you leave a message here, too if the game has been updated? So, anyone knows when he/she has to check theier E-Mails.

2012-04-01 05:28:18

It depends what you mean by cutscenes.
But internally, there's a whole array full of cutscenes, and those are only the ones that the game needs to check on afterward, so yes, there are plenty.
Yes, I will post here if there is an update.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-04-11 21:26:44

Hi Cae,
With cutscenes, I mean little movies like in mainstream games. Here I mean audio clips in wich you can't play, like in tomb raider and such. Is the deffinition right for this game?
By the way, have you gotten my e-Mail wich I send yesterday?

2012-04-12 01:58:31

I did get your email. The bug you mentioned will be fixed in the next update.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-04-12 16:00:09

That's great, can you say when you plan to release an update? And was my deffinition about the cut scenes right or am I wrong?

2012-04-12 21:16:19

I have no idea when the next update will be released at the moment.
As for cutscenes... mosot in-game scenes are handled through text rather than recordings, mostly because if they were recorded it'd just be me doing all the voices terribly, but also because I'd be very tempted to mix up as many languages as I could.
I think I do have a watered-down version of one of hte scenes that I recorded in Japanese a few years ago, somewhere... I'm not sure if it's online (if it is, it will probably be somewhere on this page: http://planetseva.com/media.htm ).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.