2012-02-08 04:33:59

Hello.

I have a question about vw kate or neo speech Kate or what ever it's called.
I've heard recordings of people using the voice, but Kate sounded a lot different. More crisp i think or clear.
It may have just been the speech rate, but on the Entombed Discussion list or here, Eans said he fixed Kate because it didn't sound right.
I am not on the entombed list and i just wondered how people got Kate to sound differently.
Here is a recording of what the voice I have sounds like.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13400764/kate.mp3
I've also noticed that Kate sounds different when La Mort does those Entombed recordings.
So, how do people make it sound different?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-02-08 10:29:39

Hi,
I think there is a freeware version and payware version. The payware version is better, and the freeware version is worse. but the freeware version is not bad for me.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-08 23:43:41

Hi.

What? a free version of vw kate?
Where can i get it?
Here is something which may be off topic, but the name of this thread is a question about vw kate.
Anyway, I installed kate on my school laptop.
Why?
Because jaws comes with eloquence which is horrible. It's too robotic so i wanted to put kate on it.
So, i installed it and it seemed to work, but for some reason jaws doesn't like it. The speech freezes up sometimes and won't speak and i think it's showing an error dialogue on the screen.
My question is why is it doing this? I have used kate with nvda and window eyes with no problems.
However, on jaws, it seems a bit laggy.
Also, this is jaws 11.
I don't know if i should update it, because it came with jaws and i think you have to reregister it once you update.
Anyway, I'm seriously getting annoyed with Jaws for Windows.
Why is it doing this? I would expect it to work.
What's going on?
Also, if i can't use kate, i'll use those realspeak voices on the website.
I. will. not. use. eloquence.
Oh, I just wondered. I hope this does not offend anyone, but what is the big deal with eloquence? I personally don't like it. It sounds robotic.
Again, sorry if that sounded rude.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-02-09 01:39:50

Hi,
Burak, I'm not sure you have any information regarding this.
Sorry to disappoint, but there is no free version of Kate.
Neospeech/voiceware released Kate as a Sapi 5 voice. The Neospeech version was the initial version, but since VoiceWare took over, they enhanced it.
The same goes for Neospeech Paul.
Nextup is using the Neospeech, thus the standard, version, which most people are familiar with.
Both versions are commercial, to quote Burak, payware. smile

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-02-09 12:25:43

Somebody gave me a file and said "That is the free version". So I thought that there is one.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page