2006-06-26 02:50:13

Hi. I'm John from Norway. Please forgive me if I make some language errors. For some time ago, there was someone who asked that how to change parameters for games with a program called  registry. What's registry and where can I get it! Thanks.

2006-06-26 07:11:29

it is installed with windows, just go to start, go to run and type regedit. then you'll have to know where the game is, don't really know where all games are though.

2006-06-26 09:04:48

Registry is actually the heart of windows, its a database, where all information is stored, hardware/software informations, windows settings.
Developers mostly using the registry for storing their game's settings in it.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-06-26 15:53:05

yeah it is basically the heart of windows... messing with it means that your windows can not want to work anymore. at least if you change certain things... changing things that is non microsoft but downloaded programs is often more harmless, but it can still cause your computer to act quite strange.

2006-06-26 18:34:19

Yep. Registry isn't something you want to mess with lightly, especially if you don't know exactly what it is you have to do to make things work right. . It's a bit like time travel. Change just one thing and you could screw up the entire system.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-06-27 04:43:54 (edited by ItsAConspiraZ 2006-06-27 04:44:44)

most blind game stuff is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB&VBA Program Settings.

James