2012-02-04 20:30:44

I've started a topic about metal, and wish to test the artests. However, lacking a mobile phone or computer, I have my trusty BrailleNote Apex. What is the best place to gain .mp3 song files for free on the Apex?

2012-02-04 20:38:35

Hi King gamer.

We can't really discuss downloading copywrite books, music etc for free on the forum, sinse it could potentially get the site into serious trouble.

While it is certainly not as dire a situation as posting illegal links to pirated games, ---- which could potentially stop people developing (sinse afterall as I've said before, all the audio game devs are small, independent outfits and need the money from sales to carry on their work), it's stil not adviseable because of possible trouble for the site.

I suggest if you want to discuss such things you take the discussion off site.

That being said, there are some pretty good ameter music sites around the net, that just like places like podiobooks, have a lot of musicians existing on donation only.

See for instance http://www.songplanet.com/artists/artists.html

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-05 00:44:56

And for metal's sake, I've seen quite a few indi artists putting up stuff on soundclick.com and make it available for free legal download.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-02-06 00:53:21

I have had the same problem for a while now trying to find music for my MPpower.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-07 15:13:41

I know this is off topic, but it's also an"off topic forum", so hope you don't mind...
But what does HTH mean? I'm just wondering...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-02-07 15:57:41

It means hope this helps.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-07 21:07:06

O... Thx...
BTW, what's user karma? You have 24...

2012-02-07 21:08:55

Either check the site faq in general discussion, or see the recent news post for an explanation.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-07 21:11:27

Well... I was also about to delete my post here, because I found the topic... lol...