2006-07-12 03:32:08

The step sounds in the game sound strange and distorted and you can no longer run i dont think

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-07-12 22:34:45

I notice no distortion in the sound effects, even when I'm playing on my mom's horribly outdated machine. And as for not being able to run I think it's just as well. Some of those monsters seem to be able to move quite quickly as it is. Just make sure you don't land on one or you'll die immediately. At least the patch fixes the Jumping Death bug, so make sure you download that if you haven't already. It'll save you a lot of frustration.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-07-13 05:36:42

Funny, I still experience random deaths; i I am landing on a monster I cannot tell as the panning still shows it on my right (it probably didn't freaking update fast enough/before landing)

James

2006-07-13 18:07:52

Either that or you weren't close enough to the monster. That would mean that you weren't able to clear it properly and you landed on it. That's the only time I've ever died for what seemed to be no apparent reason. Then you just have to make sure you don't fall off ledges or land in lava pits.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-07-14 04:45:51

I think that is definitely something that should be changed; in the old version the guy could survive short cfalls so for instance you could just walk off the ledge to get to the ladder instead of having to climb tediusly down the rope like some careful non-adventurous loser.  I tried stepping off a ladder (when you could) when the lady was one rung off the ground and she died.  I guess those are the downsides of having a female protagonist (joking, joking; please don't hate me girls... oh wait there are none)

James

2006-07-14 08:06:26

Personally I agree that, for lower ledges, you should just lose some health. That's the sort of thing I feel should do maybe twenty percent damage. As it is every monster does twenty percent damage to you, meaning you can only get hit five times before you die. It seems to me that a more realistic approach would be to make each monster do a different percentage of damage to you. Those skulls might only do five or ten damage, while the snakes and spiders could do more, and of course their venom would sap ten health points every few seconds. It's rather alarming when you're cruising along, don't jump far enough, get bit by a skull and all of a sudden you've got less than half your health and they're not even poisonous. Then again it's just adding more challenge, which I must say the AG market sorely needs. If Thomas has anything going for him it's that A. he's actually trying to bring a little more challenge and originality to our computers and B. he's very open to our suggestions. That'll definitely be a priority when I'm able to start programming my own games. As it is I'll be needing Liam's help with Mower Man. As to when we'll begin work on that I can't say, since we happen to start college on the same day. Hmmm that reminds me. I'd better transfer that all-important manual I've been working on to my Laptop. But getting back to Monty, I believe Thomas is going to be starting work on level 2 fairly soon. There are still a few bugs he wants to iron out with this one, but it sounded as though he was at least laying the groundwork down for level 2. And from what I've heard it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

2006-07-25 03:58:11

Hi all.
Now there is a patch at the website which fixes most of the bugs described above.
Enjoy.

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.