2012-02-03 23:18:55 (edited by CAE_Jones 2012-02-03 23:22:12)

The public beta of this game has been fixed so that it should work for everyone now:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/DLE_beta_9-28-2011.zip

I didn't change much about the game itself, just fixed some things that were preventing it from running with the latest version of BGT, and seriously took a bite out of the compiler time (since it's a .exe now!)

I'm still undecided on whether or not I should go for a commercial release of the full version, or what all content that would entail.
I will say, though, that there have been a lot of changes since that aren't in the downloadable beta, including a few skills that can be acquired, something to make enemies more dangerous in the later stages (the ones with the huge maps where enemies get lost about as easily as you...). The randomized NPCs are more active, and there are several new story elements.

There are also plenty of bugs, and I still want to add stuff, so ... neah. tongue.

(If you're totally lost, this thread might be helpful: http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=6142
I'd recommend posting new comments / questions to this new one, though.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-16 09:03:47

I should go for a commercial release of the full version.

2012-02-25 04:00:49

I don't know that this warrants a bump, but I thought I'd let you know that I've finally figured out exactly how far the storyline in this release is going to go... and put it into the game.
Of course, in so doing I left out a brace or something, so that's probably what I'll be trying to fix all weekend. Those things are vicious.
And there are still a couple skills I want to add, and I do feel like there is more room for characterization that I can't figure out how to exploit.

Notice, though, that that's only three things, and only one is absolutely necessary for the game to be complete enough for me to make available.

Oh, and remember how the game would constantly repeat the number of exits and such every move? I took that out, because it was getting in the way, as Dark said. You can still reread it with shift space, if you want to get to the information without having to sit through the long description of the area.

I'm hoping this can be out by the end of the month. If it wasn't the weekend, I'd be bold enough to say the day after tomorrow.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-25 23:02:13

'k, this time it's worth a bump. tongue

I finally managed to complete a playthrough of the entire thing, from beginning to end. I did use some of the cheats I put in for testing, but mostly to make me die less often.

So, what's left before I make this thing available?
- need to convert some midis to ogg
- Two non-essential skills that could honestly be patched after release without any problems. (Well, I say non-essential, then think about one of the bosses, or an interesting situation I got into today that I can't explain for spoiler reasons...)

That is literally it. So basically, I'm going to go grab my audio cable and my external harddrive, convert those songs, try to do a super-fast playthrough to make sure they work, compile it, and it should only be a few hours before you can play with the full version.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-26 13:10:47

Now, people, what is DlE?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-26 14:36:41

Hi.
if you read on the fred where k posted about this game, then you would know.
he posted about it, in the first post of this fred.

ok i'll try to give a description of d l e.
d l e is a game where you can take a person through a lode of maps, picking up items, learning new skills and of corse killing bad guys.
oh, and there is quite a good cupple storys to.
i can't really say anymore since i haven't tryed the game out a lot. if this seems like your type of game, download the beta vertion, try it out and if you enjoy it you can pay ten dollors or if you can't do that you can rite to k to discuss things that you might be able to do to help him.
i hope that helps.

I'm gone for real :)