2012-02-03 08:13:02

I wanted to make a topic for people to talk about there most favorite book ever.
You can pick a series too, and it would be nice if you could put a small description, either from online, the cover of the book, or your own mind, about the book or series.
Have you ever read a book, and after words, just went, wow, that was, just, amazing.
A book that makes you feel a bit sad at the end, but makes you feel vary good too.
You don't have to make a description for a series if you want too, especially one that progresses, because it's more like a really long story, and there for harder to describe.
Please try to tell us if there is an audio version, or e book, if you know, but you obviously don't have to.
I personally like books that take you on a grand adventure, something that you will remember and dream about, and I don't like really overly depressing books, though, I'm not saying that depressing, struggling parts aren't good, but just not overly doom and gloom for a long period of time.
I like happy endings, or at least somewhat final and descriptive endings, so you'll remember the book for a long time to come.
Try to pick only one, or at least keep it to 2 or 3 at most.
Remember, a book that really made you feel good, made you change in some way, or made you think in a different, or more descriptive way, even if only for a while.
A book that opens you up, and lets you think in new and interesting directions, or that makes you want to rant and rave about it to your friends.
That book for me, is the series called.
Deathstalker
I think there are 8 or 9 books, and they are written by Simon R. Green.
Graphic audio and defiance audio produced the book,, defiance doing the first few, and graphic audio finishing, though there are several of the same actors, and graphic audio maight sell all of them, because graphic audio might have even been defiance in the past, I'm not sure.
It's sci-fi, with some vary creative thinking, and it's not your normal sci-fi, it's vary deep, somehow combining the atmosphere of a royal empire, in the 1700 or 1800 hundreds with the weapons and tech and settings of a futuristic world.
With intreeg, and lots of adventures, and lots of interesting people and places too.
Just think about it, a world with clans and aristocrats, and a tyranicle empriss, warriers with sword on one hip, and energy gun on the other, with fleats, and aliens, and espers, a group of humans that can use there minds to project fire, or influance people, or throw storms of objects.
There's plenty of monsters, human and not, and not a little bit of love, and betraille, and action, and lots of fighting.
It is truely the best series, or book I have ever read, and I've read alot, including Hary Potter, lord of the rings, wheel of time, and menny classics, along with other sci-fi books, well knone and not, starwars, startrek, star marines, and anything else you can think of.
I urdge you to check this book out, you won't regret it.
I don't know if you can get it in e text, but the audio is also vary worth it.

2012-02-03 17:54:04

Hey!
My favourite book is spud. It's a southafrican book, where a boy goes to a private bording school. He is only 13 at the time, but with the book, he grows up.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-02-03 21:52:48

Wow! You've just described how I feel about the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman. I've read all five books - and the first three about five times last year - every time it's as great as it uses to be... big_smile
I love the idea of having your soul out side your body - and in the shape of an animal which is representing your personality. Most servents dæmons are for example dogs.

Lyra and her dæmon moved through the darkening hall, taking care to keep to one side, out of sight of the kitchen...

...So Lyra and her dæmon turned away from the world they were born in, and looked toward the sun, and walked into the sky.

Fantastic story. Though it's very sad, I really love the ending - and also the part where Lyra and Will are going to the land of the dead and they'll have to leave there dæmons...

The first book is made as a movie, and the first three books are made as radio plays by BBC.
The radio plays are great, the movie isn't... Well, the music and acters are, but the plot... NewLine Cinama (can't remember the right spelling) totally destroied the story... Especially when they've decided not to make the rest of the books into movies...
But read the books, they are just so great. And if you read somewhere, that they are for children, then just read them anyway, they can be read in all ages, not only as a child...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-02-04 06:31:16

will do, and check out deathstalker, it rocks, magerly!

2012-02-04 17:12:23

I have the radio plays, so I'll try to listen to them. smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-11-18 09:34:24

It seems that legend of death walker is far much better than ranger apprentice. David A. Gemmell's novel is someway fantasy, but it reflects the bitterness of men kind. I say give it a try. Also if anybody has red similar novels it'd be good if they could share.

2018-11-18 17:31:02 (edited by victor01 2018-11-18 17:34:43)

trone of glass is a best book! is very cool!