2012-02-06 01:42:56

wow this is a grate game!
i'm enjoying it so far too...
working on my second mission. those buggers approaching from north and south are a bit hard.

by the way, does the game have visuals?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-02-06 03:05:52

No the game doesn't have any visuals.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-02-06 21:47:20

Yeah, the second battle is definitely pretty challenging. Last night I ended up fighting to the last man and killed the last evil wolf by luck. If I didn't kill the wolf it certainly would have killed me the next turn so it was in my mind a good game.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-02-06 23:05:57

You guys need to hurry up with that second map, lol.  I need to know if anyone can beat the third one with out losing any men.  I feel like it's possible but so far I haven't been able to.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2012-02-06 23:44:38

I've not been able to beat the second! battle without losing men, let alone the third big_smile.

Last time I tried I only lost one man, my healer when he ran out of mana, but still it was irritating.

I actually haven't beaten the third battle yet, though in fairness sinse it's a long battle I've not had time to try it more than two or three times.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-07 00:21:52

I would of beaten the second without anyone dying. Except I forgot to heal the healer and a wolf devoured him. Ah well.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2012-02-07 01:46:51

omg...
then how aprones play the game without  visuals?
he's awesome?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-02-07 04:06:13

ROFL hadi!  Yep I play Tactical Battle just like everyone else, by sound only.  If it had visuals it would be really neat, but I still like the game even as just an audio game.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2012-02-07 10:56:01

It's not just Aprone, I appreciate audio games with graphics myself, though I'm quite happy when they don't have them.

Indeed, sinse my synaesthesia means I experience colours at sound, you could say that for me all! audio games have graphics big_smile.

this amusingly actually caused problems in Draconis' game alien outback, sinse while the green ships sound green to me, lots of the other colours don't work. For instance, the red ships sound distinctly blue, and the yellow ships are a darker, purplish blue, certainly not yellow!

yes, i admit, I'm strange!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-11 07:21:49

I just beat the third battle without losing any characters.  In the end my Witch had 0 mp and my Healer had 10 mp left.  Now I can feel good knowing all the levels I made are beatable without losing units.  It did take quite a while and I was extremely careful during each turn.  Good luck guys.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2012-02-11 20:21:40

Hi all

I like this game, it remembers me warammer... Or was it another fantasy game? However, I won just the first battle. I can't wait to see new units, new board-themes, even a multiplayer feature...
I hope to see this dreams come true!

2012-02-11 22:11:51

Ian, well, the third battle might be beatable but I sure haven't done it yet myself. Every time I've tried I ended up getting slaughtered.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-02-12 05:17:53

It's interesting how a fire mage would be incredibly useful in stage 3 and you don't get one. just as a witch would of been useful in battle 2 and you don't get one.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2012-02-12 18:14:47

When i ran the game, i got an error. I unzipped the folder which seemed to work fine, but when i ran the game, it said that an error had occured, and that i should notify the game developer. It said that if i pressed controll c, then i could coppy the error, but when i pressed it, nothing happened, and i heard an error sound rfl. Thanks.

2012-02-12 18:31:26

I've tried to defend fords with archers in the tird battle, but I lost.
I'll try again

2012-02-12 19:45:20

sounjds like a great game.

2012-02-12 21:46:10

ivandrago, when you get the dialog telling you to hit control + C it is a standard windows message box.  Pressing control + C copies all the text from the message box to your clipboard even though it makes a windows error sound.  This is how windows handles it, a bit strange but it does work.  Then you need to go to your email and you can press control + V to paste the error into your email and send it to [email protected] so we can try to come up with a fix for you.  Sorry you're running into issues.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2012-02-13 02:35:44

Would it be ok if i posted it here? My email accounts a bit unstable right now, and its cluttered aswell because i've been lazy and havn't bothered delting old messages! If it has to be an email, i'll try and sort it out though, if posting the error here would be ineffective. Thanks!

2012-02-13 05:43:33

Ivandrago, I don't mind if you post it here.  I have a guess at what error it is as a few other people have submitted an error.  If it's the same one then I'm hoping to have a fix for it within a few days.  But we'll only know if it's the same error if you email or post it so send it on.

~ Ian Reed

2012-02-13 15:45:03

---------------------------

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at TacticalRPG.World..ctor()

at TacticalRPG.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Dev\Mine\Worthy\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 36

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

OK   

2012-02-13 16:14:24

I think you need to install the direct x thing on the blindaudiogames website. That's how I fixed that error when it showed up.

2012-02-14 10:41:09

Hi.
This game is truly amazing. I haven't beaten level 3 yet. I hope to see lots of great work on this game in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-02-17 17:14:15

Hi everyone

A few people have reported an error in the game that starts with: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

I found a supposed fix but cannot duplicate the error myself so I need someone who is getting the error to let me know if it fixes it.

The supposed fix I found for the error requires changing to .NET 3.5 client profile.

You can download and install it from this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de … p;id=14037

The updated version of TacticalBattle is located here:
http://BlindAudioGames.com/downloads/Ta … _v0.03.zip

It was quite a big fix but the article I read said it worked for other developers using the same library.

If you are not receiving the error then you won't get any benefit from trying this new version.

Thanks for the positive feedback and beta testing you've all done.

~ Ian Reed

2012-02-24 13:21:29

well, it seems to have worked. I managed to beat the first battle, but lost my witch so I should probably try it again. Definitely yo have something here that's not run-of-the-mill and we need more games like this where you have to use your brain to think instead of use your adrenaline to hit keys fast enough.  Battles 2 and 3 were just a slaughterfest. You probably beat battle 3 without losing people  because you know exactly what the A I will do and you can counter it.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-02-25 04:03:30

KeyIsFul, I think you're right.  Since I made the game I understand all the spells and stats really well since I had to think about them a lot to try and make the different units somewhat balanced.

Additionally I know how the AI works since I wrote it so I do have a bit of an unfair advantage.

Everyone,
I'm releasing version 0.04 of the game and have updated the website to instruct people to install .NET 3.5 Client Profile as this seems to have fixed the bug people were getting.

This new version includes a few minor enhancements.
1 You can press "R" to rename a unit.  You can rename friendly or enemy units.  Thanks to Aprone for this suggestion.
2 Pressing J will cycle through your units.  Shift + J will cycle through your units in reverse order.  K and shift + K do the same for enemy units.  Thanks to Dark for this suggestion.
3 Pressing control + E will end your turn.  Thanks to csm120 for this suggestion.

I've got some ideas for a couple of levels whose difficulty would fall between level 1 and level 2.  This might ease players into the more difficult levels a bit better.  I'll probably have those in version 0.05.

Here's the link to the website:
http://BlindAudioGames.com
Remember you may need to install the .NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile linked to on the site since that has changed from previous versions.

~ Ian Reed