2012-02-01 17:46:18

So I was moving my laptop about the house while attempting to record things. During this the dogs want inside, so I decide I might as well record that.
And then the cat decides to use that opportunity to bolt for the door. Being a much better climber than dogs, and being how close we are to the street, and being how not able I am to watch the thing, I attempted to prevent that.

this is the result

... Yes, that was my computer.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 18:18:24

Wow, sounds crazy. Just curious, what kind of microphone are you using. Good sound quality

2012-02-01 18:26:18

The Blue Snowball (which I've been told is actually black...).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 18:27:53

Hi,

That totally reminds me... So I had this 2 TB drive all my stuff was backed up to. I didn't have any computer at the time that had the files on their drive, so I was copying them. Just while I was doing that however, my cat came and knocked it from the desk. big_smile So, I lost about 1 TB of stuff, I'm never going to get back. Sucks, too.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-02-01 18:39:29

Lol! Reminds me of a time I was doing a Linux install on my old desktop. While I'm doing this install one of my dogs, who was a puppy at the time, chewed up the chords to my computer causing the install to fail and I had to pay quite a bit of cash to replace the keyboard, mouse, and the usb chord for the external hard drive.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-02-01 18:52:23

Hi,
Ouch, sounds like it was really painful for that poor PC. Besides the CD drive, is everything all right?
Though, I must confess, I've never heard "son of a duck" before, seriously thinking of adapting it! Lol. It made me laugh for quite a bit, and believe me, you have no energy to laugh when you are studying syntax, so this was quite a feat.
It reminds me, when I was on a mud a couple of years ago, I got killed because a girl's cat pressed one of the hotkeys responsible for a spell, and since she was typing my name to tell me something, her mud client interpreted it as the target. I was burnt, and frozen in a second. And since it was a "once you die you lose your char" mud, you can imagine... Luckily the game masters managed to restore me, and we had heck of a lot of fun roleplaying what happened.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-02-01 18:54:27

Well, it hasn't given me any trouble yet. I really should get to backing up my stuff, though... yikes

That is a very interesting death, heh!

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 19:40:04

OMG! That sounded half funny half painful for the PC. big_smile

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-02-01 20:15:24

Hmm, I've been informed that the screen is no longer working properly. Other than that, there appears to be nothing wrong.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 20:38:27

Will you get it repaired or keep it as is?

2012-02-01 20:42:35

How does the screen not work properly? What's it do? Now I'm interested.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-02-01 20:48:18

Apparently, only a corner of it is displaying anything now other than a white-lavender haze.
I'm not sure if that can be repaired without just replacing the screen entirely. Luckily I don't really need it, although it kinda makes the simple graphics I added to the java version of the JFIMA pointless for their original purpose. lol

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 20:51:54

Hi,

Well, I guess reparing it yourself is pretty difficult, and getting it repaired would cost about as much as just replacing it. And that, costs almost as much as just getting a new laptop. At least over here. lol

white-lavender haze? Sounds fun. tongue

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-02-01 23:40:10

Ok, this is nothing to do with laptops, but I was in maths the other day with my sighted friend Tasha. She was messing with her phone and we walked out to the top of the stairs. She tripped over some thing on the floor, and she literally through her arm [the one with the phone] over the rale, droping the phone. I was the one who picked it up, and got a bit of screen in my hand. lol

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-02-02 15:39:21

That computer....suffered pain never meant for a computerAnd lol, Son of a duck!  That's a nice adaptation....hehe. 

Well, I don't own a pet, but my girlfriend has had a pet-related destruction on her computer.  She enjoys writing, and was backing up her files.  So, one of her puppies ran into the room and yanked out the thumb drive she was copying files to,  She chased after the dog, and soon enough, 8 more joined the chase.  They were able to leap onto the chair she sat at, jump where the tower was, and knocked it over.  The dog with the thumb drive dropped it in a water bowl....full of water, and her hard disk went insane and had to be reformated.  That was months of work on her book obliterated.  But she didn't blame the dog.  (Lucky for the dog....she's a bit brutal when angry....this learned from experience smile

2012-02-03 01:20:26

White lavender haze?  Methinks it's time to pull out my keyboard and put some music together to this.  Beware, peeps!
smile

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-02-03 02:03:17

Lol... I feel sorry for the laptop. Although, how did your accent change? It doesn't sound anything like you when you compare this to the headphone recording.

2012-02-03 09:01:53

Ah, I was wondering if anyone would notice. tongue
For some reason, when I started recording I decided I would stick to some sort of British accent. I never quite settled on which British accent, though.
At the time, I wasn't expecting anything to happen that would make releasing any part with me speaking worthwhile, since I was just trying to record sound effects.
Would you believe one of the first things I did after confirming that my computer still worked was check the recording to see if my yelling overlapped the sound of the crashing at all? :-/

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-03 10:50:13

Lol, fair enough. Although, wasn't their another person in the recording as well? They sounded as if they were using the same accent...

2012-02-03 11:12:49 (edited by CAE_Jones 2012-02-03 11:15:04)

Nope, it was just me, two dogs and a cat. And I think Eloquence might have made an appearance.

Hmm, I feel the need to post this, but don't think it deserves a new topic.
So after I confirmed that my computer was still working after that cat incident, I tried to go outside to record things, but between the birds and the traffic there was just too much background noise.
So today I went outside at 1:07AM (I think the time is spoken by NVDA in the recording) to see if the birds would be too asleep to cause problems. There was still background noise from traffic and the wind in trees, but it turned out much better.
The recording is about twelve minutes and 33 seconds long. Afterward I go back inside, play with some of the sounds in there to see if they're usable, then do some posting hereabouts, then decide to return to sleep.
Except I hear a vehicle pull up in the driveway and people getting out. I don't hear much else for a few minutes, but eventually I hear a horn honk (it made me think someone in the vehicle was tired of waiting on the people that got out).
I hear some more doors being shut, and a couple minutes later, I hear three series of three honks (at first I thought they might be playing jinglebells with it...). At this point I'm suspicious enough to investigate further, so I dawn my "walking outside in the wee hours of hte morning" gear and press my ear to the front door.
It starts to sound less like some sort of criminal conspiracy and more like some people just hanging out in the driveway, but I move to the garage to try to hear better anyway. It was hard to make out what was being said, but the worst I could hear was someone saying they needed a Budlight, and a single use of profanity in reference to what sounded like a discussion over relationship drama.
It didn't sound like anything worth calling the police over was afoot, but I stuck around until the heater came on and drowned out the voices.
The first thing I did when stepping back into my room was turn the light on, without really thinking of the possibility that this would get the attention of the people in the driveway.
I did hear what sounded like people getting in their cars and leaving after that, but while typing this post I heard some music for a few seconds, so I'm not sure if they all left or not.
It was exactly 3:00AM when I finally decided it was safe to come back in and check the time, though. Since that seems like it was more than fifteen minutes, I'll assume the timestamp on my last post before this adventure means it was 1:45AM. So... this was probably about an hour-long driveway gathering.

Eh, once I was awake when someone decided to flood the garage, but they started it while I was using the water, so I just assumed that I broke something. I don't intend to do that again. tongue

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-03 20:50:03

rofl! nice one man, big_smile
wait what headphone recording?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-02-03 21:21:14

I think it's this.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-03 22:59:37

Robjoy has some... very interesting computer stories to tell, one of which is very very amusing and involves first ripping through a tun of baloons, and crashing into a large bucket of the cleaning lady, full of water and soap.
My cat never broke anything (well, maybe except making the iPod cable look very broken. She did at one point, however, jump onto the laptop, and after a stroll on the keyboard, conveniently crashed on the panel above it, covering half the keyboard, the power button and causing things to freeze, because the top panel also has a small touch sensitive area for media player and things.
I took her off, a minute later she did it again, and I couldn't move her this time. So, since it was 1AM and I was tired, I just unplugged it from AC power and left the lid open and let her sleep.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2012-02-03 23:39:09

Well, all of your stories sound totally funny.   LOL! big_smile

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-04 00:02:36

lol that is epic!

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.