2006-06-24 18:26:19

since i use hal, and it has a really cool feature that just turns it's voice and hotkeys off (and usually does not conflict with games).
what i eman by locks up is, i win the race, and after the win sound and it announces that my horse has won and the croud go wild, the stadium ambience keeps going, but if i press space i seem to move, but do not go forward, and the game sort of continues but since it has already ended nothing really happens. (the computer can still move on)

2006-06-24 23:22:08

Hmm, that sounds weird, are you using 1.61?
I don't understand how it can happen, it should ask, would you like to play again.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-06-25 04:07:10

hi,
can someone please tell me what the cheat codes do?
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-06-25 07:59:10 (edited by dark empathy 2006-06-25 08:45:19)

I'm afraid to say that I encountered an error message while playing the game. The computer had just won (rolling a 7 from space 93 while I was on space 99), and a message appeared saying:

"run time error 6, Overflow" along with an okay button. when I pressed the Okay button, the programme immediately closed. that race didn't appear in the stats file either for some reason. Sorry to come back with another problem, but I thought you ought to know.

Btw Arjan, I'm afraid I don't wreckon having your horse bounce off the end space and move backwards would be a good idea, for one thing, that'd make it nerely impossible to win, sinse you'd have only one chance to roll the right number before you went backwards, then you move forwards again, (which could take several turns), only to roll the wrong number and be sent back again, imho this would be extremely frustrating.

I don't mind what happens at the moment, to be honest, and from the litle I know about programming theory, I'm guessing changing how the race ends could be rather complicated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-30 10:03:22

Hello This is John. I Was playing the Horse Racing Game version 1.61 and using Sapi. I one the race with 122000 points and I was not taken to the bonus level. Instead, It sed "It is Juan's turn." And Juan made his move to 100. Since he was close all ready. Then it sed "It is Silver Wings's turn." So I press spacebar and the horse was moving. So the game continued as if I was still playing. Not to mention the fact that my cheat codes file was not created. And I have a suggestion for the computer swimming in the river. Maybe the play can help the computer swim. That way, less chance of drounding? Anyway please help me because I was a little frustrated. I don't mean to sound like a harpey if you know what I mean. I'm sure this frustrating to program.
Sincearly: John

2006-06-30 13:33:13 (edited by robjoy 2006-06-30 13:33:54)

Hello.
Did you use any cheats? Like did you edited the board.dat file, and just added easy obsticles like 100 barriers?
If yes, then that is the reason why it didn't create the cheats, and thats why you are not able to play on the bonus level.
Cheats and the bonus level are shown only, only, when you use the original board included with the game.
If that is not the case, i would be happy to see your statistics file.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-06-30 16:32:15

oh that's why then! how do i get the original board back?

2006-07-01 00:04:17

You can Re-install the game to get the original board file back... However, its a good idea to keep a backup of it somewhere.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-02 20:25:06

So, you can only get the bonus level if you don't use the board edditor ever! at all! ever! even iff you create a random board file?

Hmmmm, this seems a litle odd if you ask me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-07-03 22:00:51

yes, it is, indeed, but what happens if you make a board full of metal barriers each 4500 points, you jump over them and boom,you got the cheats.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-07-03 22:39:11

that's true, but I just wish I'd known before I started playing with the board editor for fun sinse now i'll never! get the cheats or bonus unless I re-install the game. Perhaps there could be a "Reset to default board" option in the editer, in an updated version (though I'd guess your getting a bit sick of updating ThRg by now).

Though, it would've helped to have some kind of warning, even just a note in the manual, before I went and altered the board.