A new, better commentator,
More realistic crowd for different events,
Bug fixes in the menu as well as in the game,
New cheats/easter eggs,
More realistic moving sound,
Faster execution time,
The program is almost re-written, so it is now stabler than ever,
A new, better manual,
With the new board creator program, it is now possible to create your own boards, edit the current board and much more
From now you have more controll over random events,
like falling in the river: in the horse racing game 1.0 your horse died when falling in to the river, now, how ever, in the new thrg 1.5, your able to swim across it with the space bar and you are able to stop before clifs and cactuses as well, again, using the space bar.
---
go get it at
http://www.lighttechinteractive.com
the new setup file for the game is aprox 57.9 mb in size
have fun!
Yakir Arbib, robert osztolykan and parham doostdar

2006-06-22 01:34:52

Hmm, I like the swimming, and the ability to stop before getting cactussed. the only strange thing is sometimes the turn order in the game goes a litle weerdly ----- if I've just jumped aa  barrier or swum a river, I can press space to get another turn, bt then I'm not allowd to move on my next turn ----- I assume this is what the manual ment by dirty tactics, bt it does seem to make weerd things happen with the game, like not being able to check your horse position.

I also wish the damned computer would be better at swimming rivers! I've been really winning, then the stupid fool goes and drowns themselves!

Maybe, when you next update the game, you could make it so that when the computer falls of a cliff or drowns, they just start again from the beginning rather than completely ending the race?

All round though it's A good update, and I like the enthusiastic new comontator.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-22 06:33:12 (edited by Shadowcat 2006-06-22 06:35:39)

hi,
I've read the docks, but I don't get the swimming part
it says press right and left
can someone explane?
and when I reach 90 something on the track, I press space but it stops when it's moving and I don't win the race
why is the happening?
and in the river, when I fall in I drown imeadeaetly
can anyone help me?
dd

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-06-22 07:24:04

something happened in the horse racing game which was rather weird, i chose blacky, and my opponent was blaky too. and it didn't announce the turns for some reason.

2006-06-22 07:37:36

first of all, my computer doesn't detect a readme file, also, when i drown into the river, the game still continues. so for example i jumped into a river. it says would you like to play again? after which the commentator says, it is silver wings's turn and i heard the horse going.

2006-06-22 10:55:04

Arjan, I saw the same thing with the readme, but it's easily fixed. Click "Brouse" then find the horse racing game directory (probably C:Programme files\the horse racing game. In there is a folder labled data, in which is another folder labled dox, which contains the readme file, just select that file and it'll work fine.

D&D, when you fall in a river, quicly press the right and left arrow keys to swim across.

I can't say anything about winning races though, sinse the damn computer always seems to drown before iether of us makes it to the finish ----- which is now starting to get on my whic a litle.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-22 21:14:39

i get a page not found error! what the!

2006-06-22 22:12:50

Yes, we updated our pages, and also, we released thrg 1.6!
Lots of releases, lots of versions, but this version (1.5) contained lots of bugs, but thanks to your help guys, we fixed all of them (hopefully), and version 1.6 is out!
And, we also added a test speakers feature, and for dark empathy's "request", we also tweaked a bit the computer player, so, hopefully he'll can swim across it, without any harming effects.
You can get it at our website, i guess you know it, its:
www.lighttechinteractive.com
Have fun.
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-06-22 23:32:12 (edited by Shadowcat 2006-06-23 00:13:04)

hi,
why can't I find 1.6 in the light games page?
and in the river, why do I drown right when I fall in and what is the left arrow key used for in the swimming part

2006-06-23 00:18:37 (edited by Shadowcat 2006-06-23 00:26:28)

hi,
I got more than 120000 points in the game, the computer drowned in a

river, and why didn't I find the cheats.txt in my THRG directory and why wasn't I taken to the bonus level?
and why couldn't I win the race?
dd

2006-06-23 00:37:28 (edited by dark empathy 2006-06-23 00:40:48)

That's a lot of questions D&D. Firstly, it stil says "download horse racing game 1.5" on the Light tec page, but it's actually virsion 1.6, which you'll soon see when you start the installer.

Secondly, as I already said, you have to press both the right and left arrow, fairly rapidly when you fall into the river in order to swim, pressing ony the right arrow will do no good whatsoever.

thirdly, as far as i know, you only get the bonuses when you win the race, if the computer drowns it's stil game over, just as if you do ----- one of the reasons this was annoying me. I'd imagine you have to win the race to qualify for the bonuses.

As reguards v1.6, the speaker test and re-written manual are pretty handy, but so far I haven't noticed the computers increased swimming ability ----- I've played four races, and three of them ended with the cmputer drowning, but this could well just be my lousy luck ;D.

Something a litle strange did happen in the fourth race though. the computer won (moving 8 spaces from square 93), and the programm seemed to just freeze, the background crowd sounds continued, but none of the keys worked and nothing happened, and in the end I had to shutdown and restart windows.

2006-06-23 07:21:40

hmm, stopping by clithes and cactus plants? i didn't see it in the manual... is it a secret?

2006-06-23 07:29:03

ok now this is weerd. my horse drowned, while my opponent made it across the river. i didn't had 10 seconds at all, but drowned imediatly.

2006-06-23 10:21:59 (edited by dark empathy 2006-06-23 12:06:56)

I'm not sure about that one Arjan, but I'm sorry to report that the thing where the program completely locs up when the computer passes space 100 occurred once again! And this time I had 128000 points too. This was especially irritating sinse I was on space 99, just trying to roll that extra one.

Oh well, so it goes.

2006-06-23 14:46:44

Hello all,
We released the last version of the horse racing game, 1.6.1.
it fixes all the reported bugs, plus adds a statistics feature, like in light cars.
You can get it at:
www.lighttechinteractive.com
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-06-23 15:28:43

that sounds good Robjoy. I'm afraid that when I click on the link to download The Horse racing game v1.61, I get a "Page not found" message.

Sorry about the complaint.

2006-06-23 16:13:35

i get page not found both for 1.5 and 1.6! hmm!

2006-06-23 16:31:36

It seems we had server problems, but from now everything works.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-06-23 16:46:11

It seems we had server problems, but from now everything works.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-06-23 17:56:52

i beat the game with 20000 points but the game locked up! i thought i would be taken to the bonus level... but it seems not!
and i know it's no one's fault. it's only an accident. the exclamation marks are there because it means you didn't expect it.

2006-06-23 19:48:39

hmm, what do you mean, arron locked up?
Can you explain this in more details?

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-06-23 22:44:02

hi,
I've said this 2 times but can you please try to fix this Lighttech Interactive?
when I am at square 98 I press space, I here the horse going but I don't win the race
and then I can move my horse again
do you know why this is happening?
dd

2006-06-24 04:13:17

D&d, that isn't a bug. The Horse racing game is like snakes and ladders, in that you have to roll the exact number to hit space 100. So if you were on square 98, the oly way you could have won is by rolling a 2, if you were on square 95, you would have needed a five. If you roll higher, you will indeed here your horse galloping, but not move.

Robjoy, I suspectt what Aaron means about the programme locking up is what I saw earlier, it completely freezes, none of the keys work, and nothing happns.

2006-06-24 09:28:31

Hello,
dd: in v1.5 and 1.6, it was a bug, because you could move from square 98, then you could move again and again, but this is now fixed, in 1.61, if you move from 98, and you didn't roll 2 for 100, then the computer will roll, then you again, and so on, like in normal situations.

The game locking up, that is a bit interesting. Have you got jaws loaded when you play the game?
Allthough, the game supports jfw as the score announcement, and stuff, the game could be a bit slow, especialy after a river, where, since jfw uses scripts to track the cursor, it tries to move it right and left, without success.
And until jfw finishes the moves (because of rapid arrow keys), you can't do anything about it, just wait.
For the best performance, i recommend unloading jaws, and switch to sapi. If the game still locks up, please let me know.
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2006-06-24 16:45:32

i played 1.5 a number of times and it did not lock up. true, that's probably why i couldn't get across the river. another suggestion i have is, you are on 98, and roll a 7, you first go 2 steps forward, but instead of winning, you go 5 steps backwards after that.