2012-01-31 15:15:45

I'm playing around with coffee mud this morning and it acurs to me to ask about keeping people out until I'm done shaping the world. So how do I keep all connection from connecting except those from localhost? The unaversity I'm at really doesn't want me to run a server on their network but I want to play with coffee mud.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2012-02-01 13:58:19

if your computer in the network is using DMZ, then I don't know...
but if not, you can just don't open the port

This is not a signature.

2012-02-01 15:57:24

Hi,
The mud should have an option to disable character creation, or start it in wizard mode, so only admins can enter (meaning you, for now).

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-02-04 03:00:46

How accessible is Coffee Mud? Do you actually need a mainframe computer to run it? If so, there is no way I can use it.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce