2006-06-21 20:08:25

hi,
I'm not wanting to be impatient, but i just want to know if sphere is canceled. it might have been said but i missed it. the page doesn't exist, though there is still a link in audiogames.net. is this game canceled permanently or will it be continued much later? i was wondering because there were no pages about this game any more on l-works.net. thanks.

2006-06-21 21:06:21

well, lets face it, there are quite a few redundant games in the list.
games like flight commander, final defender and starbase defender haven't been updated in a while.
really shouldn't games like that be put into an abbandenware section or something? or at least taken out of the list until they are actually finished being developed.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-06-22 00:34:13

If we have time we will do that. In the meantime, you can help us filter out those games by posting them in a thread on the forum. Maybe we will create a Wastebucket-section for 'games that never were...' smile

2006-06-22 00:47:18

I can certainly conferm that flight commander has gone down the tubes, because I thought te game sounded interesting and contacted it's author. It turns out that the game was his disertation project for his Msc, and though he finished the disertation, he only got a small part of the game working. As he's now a professiona and married software engineer, he said the chances of him actually doing something constructive with the game are not very high.

It seem to me, that most of the abandoned games in the list just never got finished, perhaps a "Work in progress" section would be helpfull.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)