2012-01-27 11:03:06

Hi guys,
I'm using netbook to type this post. When I look into the wireless connections, I'm clicking on the refresh network list button. It was saying searching for networks but now it doesn't say searching for networks now it directly says that there are no networks found. I've tryed scanning for threats, cleaning my computer with c cleaner and fixing the registry keys. I can't restore my system to 25.01.2012 since it happened yesturday. Can someone help please? Thanks!

2012-01-27 12:40:01

Burak fixed my problem! DDamn avg'! The problem's source was Avg's network filter. I'll never download AVG! I never recommend that you download AVG! Endlous, endlous, endlous thanks to Burak!
big_smile
big_smile
big_smile
big_smile
big_smile
big_smile
!

2012-01-27 13:10:15

I totally agree  with you fatih!

but, if you ask the king here about the best antivirus, he would recommend avg though, not sure how those people find the problamatic ones like the above to stick to their nerves,
but contrary to that little ones like me would recommend avast, its simple to use, and afterall, free!

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-27 13:23:24 (edited by bcs993 2012-01-27 13:29:09)

Hi.
LOL Sid who is the "king" you refer to? smile
Personally, I tried avira, avast and AVG.
I found avira extremely annoying with the pop-up adds to encourage me to buy the full product, while I was perfectly happy with the free version.
And avast simply messed up my computer: it freezed some processes, and interfered with my sound and with gw skype.
So I installed AVG's free addition, and I don't have any problems now. Plus, it found some threats and virus information neither Avast nor Avira could pick up.
I find it very strange then that it messed your internet connection up like that Fatih, so in that case, it was best that you rather removed it.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-27 14:13:07 (edited by burak 2012-01-27 14:15:22)

Hi,
I think avira is annoying too. I will try avast to see if it will protect better. Avira acctually protects good, but it stopped updating the thing, ummmmmm, database version. If it annoyes you with the gw skype thing, you can disable it.
I think he refered to google as the king.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-27 14:23:33

no burak,
i was refering to a person, not a place!

and if people here couldnt guess who is the main ruler of this forum nowadays, that would be absolute shame! lol!

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-27 16:13:30

is he dark?

2012-01-27 21:12:32

Is avast! Really free?
It has been asking me to insert a license code of some sort and it is no longer working so I uninstalled it.

2012-01-27 21:30:48

Hi.
From their website, there are links for free and premium versions.
You can choose which to download.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2012-01-29 11:11:55

yes, avast is! free!

but, you have to first install a free version, and when it is being activated in trial mode of 30 days, you have to click on an option which says about request a licence key or something, then you are brought upon a form, fill that, and you receive a key to your email, which, after being inserted into the programme through insert a licence key option, gives the user one year free acces to use avast.

hth,
sid.

2012-01-31 09:58:07

Hi.
AVG is great. It's just a matter of configuring the program to your choice! smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-02-01 16:41:13

hello
I've used AVAST ,and AVG as well,they both seem to work fine for me, but I prefer the interface of avast,and the pirate talk!:d
uh,dark the king? he was a mod,true. and now's the admin ,but he never sorta seem like the king type to me... more like a hmm,coart jester?haha.if ye be reading this dark, just kidding
grryfindore.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-02-02 15:17:04

hi
what do you mean by pirate talk?

did you crack the thing or something?

and why do even crack an antivirus software like avast when you could get it for free?

and i think discussing about cracks is not allowed on this forum, i dont know if rules have changed lol.

2012-02-02 16:00:45

Hi.
Firstly, I'm very sure the rules haven't changed.
Secondly, the "pirate talk", has got nothing to do with online piracy/cracks. It seems to be some language feature added by avast to have all messages, such as virus reports etc, reported in "pirate talk".
See https://blog.avast.com/2011/09/19/pirac … #more-3829 for more information.

Brendan
-----