2006-06-21 06:58:24

Hello Everyone:

I have been trying for the past few days to find a free sound effects database with no luck.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Specifically, I am looking for caseano/poker/gambling sounds.  Does anybody know where most developers find their sounds?

Alternatively, I have tried downloading various Texas Hold'em games from the internet, but can't find the files that I need in the game.

Thanks,

Matt

2006-06-21 08:44:50 (edited by archer 2006-06-21 08:46:54)

hi matt,
well i can only give you one url,
www.findsounds.com
is your best bet.
on there you will find several hundred sounds varying from animals to household sounds and even a wide range of weaponry both real and sci-fi and historical.

however if you want to search yourself for different sounds then i suggest you use
http://alltheweb.com
just click on audio and type in your search peramiters into the edit box.
for example if your into video game noises like from super mario or the like you will find several references on alltheweb.com.
however sometimes alltheweb.com does have the habbit of listing websites that cannot be found, or have long since disappeared off the internet.
good luck.
arch

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-06-21 10:10:20

Matt Kentucky wrote:

Does anybody know where most developers find their sounds?

Most of the developers buy full sound libraries from sound ideas.
R.J.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-06-21 15:17:13

umm, when did he say he was a developer?
well yeah findsounds.com is a great site, but very high quality sounds are found at ljudo.com, though you're going to have to convert them to wav if you need to use wav files.

2006-06-22 12:07:31

"Does anybody know where most developers find their sounds?"

This means he's asking where developers get there sounds, therefore RJ's answer is appropriate. Doesn't matter if he's a developer or not, since he's asking where they get them from.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.