2012-01-16 18:53:50

Hi all, the subject of the post tells all. I need one as i have recently uninstalled a lot of stuff and want the entrys out of the registry, i like a clutter free PC, thanks for any help.

2012-01-16 19:39:46

c cleaner,
avg pctuneup,
tune up utilities,

and there may be other free software if you search them on google properly though.

and not to mention that among all those above, c cleaner is free to use.

from the techtalk recent shows, someone was saying the c cleaner stands for "crap" cleaner, lol!

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-16 20:10:42

thank you sid. I will look in to c cleaner

2012-01-16 22:56:53

cCleaner is probably the best. You can also manage startup programs, uninstall programs, whipe free disk space, and more. It does a lot for a little app.

2012-01-17 02:40:57

I used it today, and it works great and it is accessible.

2012-01-17 05:22:08

Yes, C Cleaner is great. The only thing I don't like about it is it has a tendency to sneak Google Chrome on your pc every time you update the program. Now that I know to expect it, I still have to route my jaws to pc cursor to find the checkbox and disable it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2012-01-17 05:56:30

I noticed that as well, its kind of strange, didn't know it was c cleaner doing it though. I'll look for it next time.

2012-01-17 14:10:47

hi
i'm running c cleaner version 3.02 i think,
how to get the latest version

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-17 15:53:00

Another vote for CCleaner here, from www.piriform.com Sid. Deleting old prefetch data helps too, not to mention the disk space you can recover from old hotfix uninstallers and temporary files. By default it won't delete files less than 24 hours old, just in case they're still needed like if an installer has you reboot midwa through.

Their Defraggler defrag app is quite nice too. It has a great boot time defrag option which defragments files like the page file which normally can't be defragmented because Windows is using them. It can really help startup times and general performance.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2012-01-18 08:12:49

Hi.
what doesit mean to defreag something?
and is it werth doing on a monthly basses?

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-18 14:02:59

Hi,
I can't explain what defragging is, but it boosts your computer's speed and performance a little. I think CCleaner stands for crack cleaner, I understood it crack cleaner. I don't know why.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-18 14:17:12

burak!
you didnt understand the thing, buddy.

c cleaner might be the short form for crap cleaner, c r a p, not crack, c r a c k.

and crap means some sort of junk.
lol

well as to your question brad, defragmenter does the compressing process.
just think of your cpu, its like a whole city, with distinct buildings, roads, houses, etc.
and every disk drive is spreaded in many parts, or fragments at many places in your cpu system.
so the defragmenter compresses them to one place, causing your processor to work faster and smoother.

just think like a congested road,  if the traffic is nicely reduced to one place, the roads would become much smoother to travel.

lol, i'm not so good at explaining things, you know.

hth,
sid.

2012-01-18 20:33:48

Hi Sid,
When it comes to registry cleaners, I was using something called reg cleaner. If you google it, I'm sure you can find it. When it comes to crap cleaner, ah I understood why the name is crap cleaner! Oh yeah. Cleaner of craps, crap cleaner! Lol. Anyway, I shouldn't talk more. Lol.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-19 03:24:12

Hi.
how do you defrag the computer using c cleaner?

2012-01-19 13:53:58

You don't defrag using CCleaner, you use a defragmenting tool like Defraggler or the Windows one.

No Sid, defragging does not compress and your processor has no impact here. Look at it this way. Imagine your kitchen, the files are all objects in your kitchen. The locations you see aren't the locations within your hard drive, they're just a link to the file itself. Defragging would be like putting the sugar next to the coffee because you always use the two together. In the same way defragging puts files from the same software in the same part of the hard drive, then the reading heads in the hard drive don't need to travel so far to find the next file. It only takes milliseconds to find a file but in most cases this is longer than it takes to actually read the file so this speeds things up considerably.

Arcadia, the option to update in CCleaner only takes you to the CCleaner page on the manufacturer's web site. From here it asks you to download the new version manually. It's sort of cheaping out in a way, it doesn't actually update itself so much as tell you to get the update.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2012-01-19 15:14:35

thanks cx2, you are a real technological geek!
or wizard one must say.

2012-01-19 16:11:51

I'm glad those four years at college achieved something lol. In any case I'm glad I could explain it all. Truth is that hard drives are awfully weird things when you get to the nuts and bolts, the way we see them in windows explorer has no relation to how they're physically laid out. There's every chance your saved game from Tank Commander or whatever game might be sitting next door to some critical Windows DLL in the actual lay out of the data, the whole thing of files and folders is just something Windows does so that we humans can actually figure things out. Even I get a headache just thinking about it truthfully.

cx2
-----

2012-01-19 18:50:52

i agree.
c cleaner owns

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-02-07 12:40:26

yes, oh yes!
that is exactly what i wanted. kitchen doors! wow how did you know?
yeah stupid spam tell me how the hell does kitchen doors relate to cleaning a computer?
oh wel. hmm if you didn't guess we have spam.

2012-02-07 15:44:39

Well maybe if you chucked your computer at a kitchin door fairly hard the hard drive would be cleaned. it'd probably also be shattered, but at least the registration errors would be gone! big_smile.

Oh, and gone is what happened to the spam too if anyone was wondering.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-07 15:58:25

LOL Dark! I tried to do the same with my school BrailleNote. My braille teacher wasn't so keen on me doing that. big_smile
P.S, how well does CCleaner work on Win7? Think I might use it myself.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-07 16:25:54

I think it works quite well although i confess, i have only used it on vista so far. Although, it really shouldn't be any different i would think.

2012-02-07 16:58:04

Are cleaner and C cleaner the same thing?

I used to use something called cleaner, but found it more of a pain, especially sinse everything on it like scanning for different sorts of registry errors needed to be done one thing at a time, ---- though I confess that was a very early version of the program.

Avg pc tuneup, even though it isn't free, has the very nice "check all" option, for registry errors, pluss does lots of other handy jobs like defragging the computer and registry, optimizing net connections, removing unused registry keys, deleting junk files and logs etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-07 17:17:32

Well I will try CCleaner. Arkmeister, if I am correct you speak Japanese? Well, as they say in Japan,  Watashi wa Nippon de hijō ni yoidesu! That's "I am very good at Japanese", for everyone else.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-07 18:21:45

Well, i don't actually speak the language although, i love anime and games based on anime. I have a lot of time on my hands so, i should try to learn how to speak the language. That way, i wouldn't have to rely on english dubs lol.