2006-06-05 23:05:19

I don't really know very much about modding ----- nor have I actually played any mods i'm afraid. Stil, as somebody who's been playing streetfighter games right from the beginning, the samples might stil be interesting.

I didn't know treasure hunt was side scrolling? Unfortunately you need Net framework for that one, and that's something I just simply can't get to work.

right, as far as Streets of rage goes, there's really not muc info in the first game at all. Even if yu haven't got the 2nd game it's probably worth your while to read a faq for it, se the information is much more extensive.

On game faqs there's  an incredibley! detailed faq by a chap called Velo city (it's the faq with the largest file size), that's got in about as much info as it's possible to get ---- though not as much about Adom, sinse in Sor2 he's been kidnapped.

Btw, one charctor you might want to include in the gaebook is Skate, Adoms younger brother who wears a baseball  cap and fights thug's on roler scates.

As to my favourite charactors in one I actually usually play as Adam or blaisesinse they've got loads more range than Axel and can pulloff some great combos.

On two though, Axel is the man!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-06 08:31:35

well, i guess your right, i mean axel was just my favorite because, well i don't really know smile
i just used him because he had a tough name, i never really found out about combos, i just kicked and punched my way through.
often i'd play it with my dad, and he'd use adam, but we'd always end up fighting over drain pipes.
i'd pick it up and then he'd knock it out of my hands lol.
th isn't exactely a side scrollor, i just mentioned it because of it's multi weapon option.
you could have gun, switch sword for drain pipe and needles for grenades and the rest.
Skate? hmm it sounds too far fetched really, i could use that kidnap thing though.
at the moment i'm looking to see if i can find any streets of rage wav sounds though.
i can't remember the name of the gangster you had to fight at the end of sor1 though, didn't he have black hair and wore green? he was the only one that had a gun.
and before you got in to his room you had to fight two women who knew judo or something.
the one thing i noticed about the women you fought at that point was they looked like blaze but wore green instead of red.
triplets?
in my gb though i'm not going to have axel kill the thugs, it's too far fetched, bodies littering the streets of wherever it was set.
i'll just have him knock out some and kill others.
so characters like the red haired thug that wore a green thing over his face will keep popping up.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-06-06 10:33:14

the chap in the green suit is just called Mr. X, in Sor 1 it just says he's controlling the city, but in Sor2 it becomes a lot clearer that he's actually mucking about with genetic enginearing and lots of technology. th last two rounds of Sor2 take place in hi base, which is a huge sky scraping tower beside the beach tat you have to tavel to the top of via elevators, ---- first up the outside, then the inside, half way up the tower, on a huge platform you fight two robots which Mr. X's corporation has made.

I really! would advise you to get Sor2, both because it improves upon the first game infinitely ----- the fighting's more complex and realistic there are five charactors allof whome fight completely differently, and there are some really great environments and scenes that would be good in a gamebook!

take the 2nd level for example, where your crossing the city bridge, while a load of thugs on their motor bikes attept to run you down, chuck bombs at you, or jump off and fight you. Some of the bosses arealso really interesting, like the first boss, Bargan, who's a barman of a dodgy pub, first you fight your way through his pub, then he comes and gets you in the aly outside.

sinse your in England, I don't know if you've ever used Game Station (one of the few shops that stil sells old games). they hav a postal phone service, where you can have them search their entire stock, all over the country to see if they can find you a game, I know they had Sor2 in recently, becauseI asked about Sor3. their number is 0845 345 0335.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-06 13:30:44

well, i don't really need the game, i just need the info off of it.
i'll lok on the web for that.
i will change the gangster's name to mr x though, but the "Control the city" is again a little O,T,T for the game book.
i will put in the sky scraper part though, and i will add the crossing the suspension bridge in there somewhere.
and maybe those motorcycle thugs too.
i'll keep you posted as it develops
best reg

2006-06-06 17:40:06

well, that faq I mentioned on gamefaqs may be handy in terms of info, I was advising you get the game more because it's an exceptional game than anything else, probably the best of it's type I've ever played. But you can certainly find the info about it on gamefaqs.

You can also get the soundtracks to both Sor games if your so inclined the link is:

http://www.zophar.net/gym/

They're in Gym format (the Mega drive sound format), but there's a handy winamp plug in on that page to play them.

There used to also be a site where you could get the music as Mp3, but it's annoyingly gone and shut down.

If you want any more sor information, your welcome to mail me. Good luck with the book.

2006-06-06 18:58:08

well thx for that, i will mail ya if i need any intel,
i can't yet as my e-mail being it's usual anoying self has died i haven't recieved or been able to send anything for weeks.

frowny face.
but i have found a couple of websites with some sor stuff. i'll hunt them up for you if you like?
i have alreqady planned out a passage for blaze in the book, but when i've got that far i'll send you a copy if you want a sneak preview?
or would you rather play it when it's posted up on ffproject.
speak to you soon.
p.s what is your mail?
if you post it up and then delete the post right after i've read it then it probably wont be cached.
best reg