2006-06-01 03:31:30

I'm using GMA dice in a forum based roleplay game at the minute and it seems to consistently underperform, I was wondering if anyone else had this trouble?

The game I'm playing treats a roll of 5 or 6 as a hit, and with 9 dice I consistently get only one hit... whilst the other players seem to be doing much better. This is from at least 3 rolls I've made and numerous from the other players, including one with 12 dice that got 6 hits. I'm getting thoroughly cheesed off with GMA Dice as a result.

Also, does anyone know of a good accessible dice app other than GMA Dice? I'd like to actually be contributing to the game, and so far I've been lucky that there's been no fighting yet but that's soon about to change.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-06-01 17:05:56

Hello, i don't know why, my only bug with gma dice is when you roll with a dice which can have greater than ten sides, than it will say twenty and five together (if you roll 25).

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-06-01 20:56:46

to be honest CX2, I haven't noticed any bugs with Gma dice either. I played through all of the Lone wolf series of adventure game books (Nothing to do with submarines), using Gma dice to role D10's as the books required, and I didn't find any problems myself.

Btw, if you fancy playing the Lw series, they're very good ----- more complex and less random than the average fighting fantasy. The site's url is:

http://www.projectaon.org/new.htm

Out of interest, which roleplay is this Cx2, and where are you doing it?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-01 21:31:55

Thanks. It's Shadowrun at Dumpshock.

My issue is the dice seems biased when rolling D6's, away from 5 and 6 towards the lower end of the results.

I might check out the Lone Wolf thing some time, thanks. Right now I'm trying out something called omnihedron. It's not as accessible, but the results are far better and I really don't want to be the weak link for the other players because of my dice rolling app.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.